Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: tire question??  (Read 5345 times)

Offline tattguy12

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I know nothing about tire size. We have 215/65/15 tires on our mini van. I was given snow tires that are pretty much brand new. they are size 215/75/15..will they work on my vehicle? Please dont beat me up on this question..lol..

:help:
WOW LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT BULLHEAD!!!!!!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Those tires will work just fine.

The last number is the rim size, middle number is aspect ratio and the first number is.....the width.

Offline mopho

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 the will be just fine  just  a tad taller ( it will help with the snow!+++)

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Like the others said, they will work fine.

The speedo will be off a little bit, maybe 1-2 mph or so and gas mileage will decrease a tiny bit.
« Last Edit: December 12/05/07, 11:43:12 PM by Pat Turnquist »
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
The speedo will be off a little bit

I think we are talking about tires here......what are you talking about??   :reporter;

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Oversized (taller) tires will throw the speedometer off a tad. In this scenario his speedo will read a couple of mph higher than he is actually driving.

This is assuming they have most of the tread left, if they were worn out, then it wouldn't make any or much difference.

« Last Edit: December 12/05/07, 09:44:07 PM by Pat Turnquist »
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
What about speedo's??

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot

Offline Airjer

• Outdoorsman
A long as you replace all four than you will likely not notice any difference.

On a side note as vehicles become more sophisticated the practice of switching tire sizes is becoming far more complicated. ABS systems and traction control systems could be affected. Now throw in anti skid control systems which use multiple inputs from sensors and programing based on what the vehicle was originally equipped with. Different size tires could be a safety issue.
Slow minds keep right --->

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
they will work fine like Pat said because they are alittle bigger it will throw the speedo off ...... I went with bigger tires on my jeep and my speed is off by 10mph so the tires you are getting will throw the speed off by about 5mph

Offline Wagz

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You can get by with 2 on the same axel as long as it is not 4WD ... do not stagger them ie one on the right fron one on the left rear