Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Coffee Bocce  (Read 4961 times)

Offline MT Net

• Outdoorsman

Since it's been so nice outside, here at my office, we've been implementing "team building" skills.  No not those silly sit down meetings in the conference room wher ethe speaking drones on about working together on "sprecial" projects to boost partenership and office cohesiveness.  Or whatever it is they talk about, I usually nap. 

No, we started our own personal Bocce Ball league during the lunch hour.  You won't find  team building here, nor will you find partnered workmanship.  This is strictly competition  on a highy competitive pace...without the beer.  Too bad, Bocce is a drinking man's game...just not during work hours.

Three years ago, I recieved a Galyans coffee mug Christmas gift.  It is adorned with images of colorful bobbers of all shapes and sizes with a plastic removeable lid and a cork bottom.  I usually don't leave my desk without it.  Today was no exception while playing Bocce Ball. 

I set my prized mug on the curb, taking a few sips between shots.   On my third shot, the bocce ball rolled into a tree root, sending it rolling in a perfect trajectory into my coffee mug.  Shattering the ceramic into many shard, with an explosion of hot coffee.  We laughed hysterically, then I was bummed about my 3 year old mug I had worked so hard in seasoning...(never been washed in 3 years).  No more mug (not even a spare office mug), no more coffee, and I wasn't granted 1 point for humor value.   Worse yet, I lost the match 20 to 8.

Without my coffee, it's gonna' be a long day.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
  At least now I have proof that I'm not the only one that don't wash my coffee cup. No need to never gets dirty, gets rinsed out with coffee 5-8 times a day. ;)
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson