Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Starter pistol in the house!  (Read 4141 times)

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I just remembered this story.

I can sit back and laugh now, but for a while it wasn't funny. About 8 years ago, I got a pup and started her training, once she was ready to be introduced to loud noises and a gun, I went to Gander Mountain and bought a starter pistol with the blanks.

I was the only one home that day and was very excited to get started, I bought the pistol for using out in the field, but my curiousity got to me. I wanted to know how loud the gun was because I live in a residential neighborhood where gunfire would surly have the cops at my door in a few minutes.

My plan was to go up in the bedroom and use a pillow or blanket to muzzle the sound, when i got to the bedroom, the first thing in front of me was my wifes comforter, this wasn't an ordinary everyday comforter, it was passed down from her great grandmother all the way to her, something like 4 generations. I grabbed the comforter off the end of the bed and opened the closet door, loaded the gun and pulled the comforter over and then squeezed the trigger. My first thought was, that wasn't so bad, i could probably get away with this in the backyard, then i went to put the comforter back and noticed a burning smell, i panicked and then flipped it over and sure enough it was on fire, I immediately smothered the small flame and put it out. I thought I had everything all planned out..... but forgot about the spark though!

Now comes the time to make a choice, either tell the truth to my wife or hide the problem and act like it never happened. I chose plan B, to hide it (who wouldn't?). So, I pulled out the scissors and cut away any sign of the burning, then threw it in the washer to get rid of the smell, then i even went as far as sewing in a piece of cloth to cover it up, all of the evidence was gone, except for the smell in the house, so I opened the windows and aired the house out for a few hours.

Next, i packed it away in the basement storage area and hoped she would not ask where it went, I think it took about a month before she asked, i just said i moved it downstairs, she said "ok", so i left it at that. A few more weeks went by and i could tell she was on a mission to have it back in the bedroom, I played stupid for a few minutes and then my consience got to me. I asked her to sit down, so i could tell her something, then I went ahead and told her the entire story and then went downstairs and brought the comforter to her. She was a little mad, but in the end she laughed at me and said it was actually sort of funny how i tried to cover it up.

I really thought her entire family would disown me after doing something so stupid, turns out that she still hasn't told her mom!
« Last Edit: December 12/19/07, 06:27:04 PM by Pat Turnquist »
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
that's pretty good spinny.
sounds like something me and my brothers would have done, in fact I'm sure my brother deano HAS done that before.

I know a dude that was trying to make home made hashish while his folks were gone. something went wrong, something tipped over and started the brand new rayon? carpet on fire.
it was a plastic fiber carpet and it instantly lit the top fuzz layer of the carpet on fire. he described it to look much like a sterno flame.
it melted the entire top layer of the carpet and went out. he said it was like a plastic sheet glued to the carpet.

yep, he was way toast when his folks got home.
he's probably still grounded :rotflmao:
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!