Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNOUTDOORSMAN?  (Read 5878 times)

Offline Rywheat

• Pout Shouters-Saloon
  • Outdoorsman
I think the site should change there name to MNwordgames dot com not to much fishing related info on this site. I check often and find alot more game playing then outdoors info.
I can play games opn Yahoo
Just a idea
Lets get more outdoor related
Ry

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
i think you may be blind..or need to clean your glasses.. there is 4 threads on here for games the rest it all hunting, fishing, taxidermy, and classifieds..

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Rywheat,  On the left side of the home page is the link to the fishing reports.  I just looked and there's one from the 10th.  ALso, each activity someone may be interested in has its own category/forum. For example, during archery season, that forum was very busy.  It has since slowed down but there are still new topics.

Im sure there are plenty of new ice fishing topics.  Let us know if you can't find any.

A lot of people like the games and yes we have a couple of on going games but that's pretty comon on lots of websites.  Look at Archery Talk; they have dozens.

Hope you find the topics you're looking for.

Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Ry,

Thanks for voicing your opinion.  Are you making your decision by looking through the most recent topics?  Some members enjoy the outdoor word games.  Others, like yourself get frustrated by those two threads.  We do have a ton of hunting and fishing tips, articles and other materials.  Try clicking on the forum tab on the main home page then scrolling down to the hunting and fishing forums.  We have removed the two word game threads in the past, but had other members complain they were gone.  It is tough to make sure every member is happy.  Give us a little time and we will try to come up with another solution.  Again, thank you for letting us know your concern.

OJ
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I think the site should change there name to MNwordgames dot com not to much fishing related info on this site. I check often and find alot more game playing then outdoors info.
I can play games opn Yahoo
Just a idea
Lets get more outdoor related
Ry

Ry,

I think if we wanted to take you advice we would be called MnFishingInfo.com.

Sure we have a lot of fishing information but we also have a lot of other outdoor related information here. That is why this site is called MN Outdoorsman. It is a website for the Outdoorsman. No matter what you do in the Outdoors we have something for you here. Some forums are obviously busier than others but that will change in time. Remember, we are only 2 years (almost) old and we have a long way to go. We also have a lot of new features in the works and plan on doing a lot of things.

To judge a site just because of two threads is up to you. Are you just a fisherman? If so then I can understand that sometimes you do not get your fix. Heck. I don't and I still visit many sites. I go back and forth because everywhere is different and I like things about each site. Heck, I'm a regular over at FM. My username is "LuciandTim" and I have probably 300 posts over there! You didn't register here yesterday and I see you keep coming back so I know there has to be something that you like here ;D

I hope you stick around and if your not happy with the activity in our fishing forums then shake the boat!! Get in there and post away. Get some threads going and then tell our your friends! We will always do our part RyWheat! :happy1: Everyday I work on this site and we are constantly trying to improve it!

Thank you for your feedback!!! It is appreciated. ;)

Offline Rywheat

• Pout Shouters-Saloon
  • Outdoorsman
I'm on the site every day and the most posted topic is the word game I like the bbq section I check the metro lakes mille lacs lake and the brainerd lakes forum with little to no change. I try to be as open minded to all these sites and view quite a few of them I'm just saying the word games are not very important to me as they maybe to some others just posting my $.02

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I agree about the 2 word games, i absolutely hate them, but a lot of people do enjoy playing. I love the Mille Lacs, dogs, Metro, URL, Chisago, Big Game and Archery forums, I have no personal interest in quite a few of the boards, but there are all types of people on here and from all over the state with different interests, so we keep them.

I would suggest that you start participating in your forums of choice if you want to get more information, just sitting back and waiting will not improve the information.

You say you like the Mille Lacs and Brainerd Boards, there is quite a lot of information on Mille Lacs, so I do not understand your how your missing it. Yes..... the Brainerd Lakes area is dead, please start sharing your tips and reports and help get the ball rolling!

If your looking for exact GPS coordinates and hotspots, then I don't think you will ever be satisfied, none of the popular MN sites will have that info and if they do.... Would you believe the quality and accuracy of the posts?

Look around and you may be surprised at the info you will find, although it may not be something your looking for, many people have different Outdoors interests.

MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
well if this is a complain session i could care less about the fishing reports as i am no fisherman. do i complain.. NO do i just not look at them.. YES... point being there are many members here that dont like all the other threads but do they bash the sight for it.. NO do they still find many things on the site they like... YES  you are a member of the #1 rated outdoorsman site in MInnesota.  enjoy it. with in your 100 some post i bet you have learnd 3 things.... AM I RIGHT....  i dont like the color of your fish houes in your pic.........         peace SS

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Well, being the originator of the "word association" post I honestly didn't think I'd still see it pop up as much as it does. My intention was just to generate some interest in the site since at the time the site had only been up and running less than 6 months. If you notice the original post is just months away from being 2 years old. I still post a response when it comes back up to the top.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
i dont play the word games, but they dont get in
my way. i just dont open them! i have to agree with
Ry on one thing, the bbq forum is my favorite! :happy1:

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
well i can honestly say this , i love the fact that i have the freedom to go on what ever forum i choose (not just because im a staffer ) but because thats part of being part of the team ... if i dont care for a certain forum i wont visit it ! but i try to keep an open mind thats part of being a outdoorsman .(keeping an open mind) and being apart of mn #1 outdoors forum  :rocker; . ..
but i will also say this ! ry if you have any suggestions we appreciate them and take all info into consideration , like ive always said were all family here !

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I read the taxidermy forum once! :bonk:
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
   :bonk:   :rotflmao:
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Well, I'm happy that this thread turned out to be somewhat positive for everyone including Rywheat. I noticed he started posting in the forums with reports and questions allready.

Thanks to everyone for your support and thanks to Ry for voicing his concerns. It looks to me like everything is settled, so i am locking this topic before anyone says something that is not appropriate.

Ry, if you would like to reply to this thread again, please pm me and we can allow you to make another comment if necessary.

MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"