Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Associations for all outdoorsman (important)  (Read 5113 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
 Here are links to the National trappers association (NTA)

http://www.nationaltrappers.com/

And the Minnesota trappers association (MTA).

http://www.mntrappers.org/

I put these links here for trappers but I feel they are important for all sportsman. Not only do they help us trappers with regulations. (most of you might not know that it used to be illegal to beaver trap with the use of an ATV/snowmobile, that has changed.)They protect sportman as a whole.

The reason I think these are for all sportsman are because of the antics of the anti's. They are out to eliminate everything including raising beef cattle and hogs. Thier plan is to pick on the minority first (trappers). Next it would be hunting coon, cougar and bear with hounds. Who knows what would come next. Hunting then fishing? My guess is bowhunting would be next, cause they are not as plentiful as gun hunters. Spearing/bowfishing is already getting attacked, even by our own.

I recommend all trappers join these and other sportsman as well. If they beat us trappers you are next on thier attack list.

Here is another good organization.

Fur Takers of America
www.furtakersofamerica.com
« Last Edit: December 12/21/07, 09:36:58 AM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
Griz are you a member of these??

Offline Lil Grute Dudette

• Outdoorsman
 why was it illgal to ues atv to trap ? I mean I would think it would be illgal  to ues Mtv cause most beings like that so much that they would just come to it.  :bambi:   :moose:   
Is home really sweet?

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I really don't have an answer just an opinion.

It was illeagal in the southern part of the state. Back in the last big fur boom, I believe the DNR thought it was too easy for trappers to get around with these vehicles. There were alot more trappers out then and they were doing alot more trappin than they are today. It was just a way to protect the beaver and otter IMO.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline trout whisperer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
now thats a great trappin scent post........
trout whisperer author/guide