Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532688 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: BOAT????? I thought that was the Rodents!!!!!1 :nerd:      ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 09/15/23, 09:17:02 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Is the Vikes season over?????Historically only 10% of the teams that have started 0-2 have made the playoffs. And the schedule is not easy. If so and they haven't signed Cousins to a contract beyond this season.....should they trade him????    :confused: :confused: :confused:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
You only had to say the word... ;)

The Vikings have started 0-2, so cue the 'Kirk Cousins to the New York Jets' frenzy

It's been five days since Aaron Rodgers tore his Achilles and 12 hours since Kirk Cousins and the Minnesota Vikings fell to 0-2 with a 34-28 loss to the Eagles. That combo has led to intense speculation about the New York Jets trading for Cousins.

Is it crazy? It depends on how you analyze the situation.

Right now, the Vikings are 0-2 but know damn well they could be 2-0 if not for seven turnovers in two games. Take away the turnovers and the Vikings look like a formidable team in the NFC. Trading Cousins now makes no sense unless the front office is hell bent on picking as high as possible in the 2024 NFL Draft.

But Cousins isn't signed beyond this season, so would Minnesota entertain the idea of trading their QB for draft capital to get their future quarterback in the loaded 2024 class? Again, right now it doesn't make much sense but that could change in the coming weeks.

On ESPN's "Get Up" Friday morning, the entire first segment was spent talking about the idea of the Jets trading for Cousins. One of the panelists, former NFL linebacker Bart Scott, is all about the Jets going after the Vikings' signal caller.

"If you want to make this happen, if you really want to make this happen, you gotta throw that [first-round pick] in," Scott said. "They won't turn it down."

Hold up. Cousins has a no-trade clause and might turn it down.

I'm pretty sure "Get Up" is a New York City-based show.   :bonk:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Any network (ESPN) that employed Skip Bayless can't be taken seriously about anything. He's the biggest fraud on TV since Jim & Tammy Baker.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I have always wondered how he got his job.  I could care less what he thinks. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just what we didn't need.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bears, Lions, Packers all lost today.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Bears, Lions, Packers all lost today.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
yep Vikes are only 1 game outta first!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :banghead: :banghead:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
  :pouty: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vikings-lose-tackle-oli-udoh-to-season-ending-quad-injury/ar-AA1gN7gF
Doubtful there are any legit replacement options out there - otherwise they'd probably have jobs already.

Teams too often "bet on the come" - assuming players will always be better next season than they were in the last.  Brian O’Neill is doing his job and they need Darrisaw to be healthy, but everything in the middle is not making the grade, and it is clear there is no depth.

Bradbury had a similar injury last year.  If the offseason wasn't enough to heal him up, he may have the misfortune of having an abbreviated NFL career.  I which him the best either way.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder what the scoop was with the O lineman that they interviewed a few weeks ago.  Risner I think.  Better start kissing his behind so he comes back.  As I have said before, everyone knows our O line is weak and nothing is done about it.  Can't they see that?

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure they do, but you have to remember, the Vikes had the LEAST cap space of any team going into last year's offseason. 

Adofo-Mensah is still recovering from the Spielman era.  That takes time.  No team wants to admit they are rebuilding - they always say they can compete with just a few tweaks.  We'll see.  A lot will depend on what happens this season.  I still think the best thing is to tank (I mean) bottom out, get a top 5 draft choice, trade JJ for more assets, and start the process of being a contender again in two or three years.

I know I'm playing checkers with my armchair quarterback takes.  For Vikings fan's sake, let's hope Adofo-Mensah is playing chess.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree completely. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe I heard them say during the Gophers game that their O line is bigger than the Vikes O line

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Report: Vikings Signing Top Free Agent Guard Dalton Risner

The Vikings originally hosted Risner for a visit at their facility on August 1st. Just last week, he was responding to Vikings fans on social media, saying he was ready to go. Now, after starting 0-2, GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah made the call and got a deal done.

Risner, 28, presumably isn't coming to Minnesota on that kind of contract to be a backup. He figures to compete for a starting job at either guard spot — and perhaps enter the lineup as soon as Sunday's game against the Chargers. Risner has exclusively played left guard during his NFL career thus far, so he could be a candidate to replace Ezra Cleveland, who is in a contract year. The Vikings' bigger weakness may be with second-year right guard Ed Ingram, though, and Risner has the theoretical flexibility to play there as well.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking forward to it.  My only question is why someone else hasn't hired him?

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings Sign OG Dalton Risner to One-Year, $4 Million Deal

If I were Kirk Cousins, I might have written out that check myself... just sayin'  :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So, does he take Ingram's spot at LG or does he play RG, his normal position, & they move Cleveland to the other side. :confused:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
For 4 mil, he must be pretty good.  If I were big n fat I'd do it for half that!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
For 4 mil, he must be pretty good.  If I were big n fat I'd do it for half that!
:rotflmao:  nope Glenn don't say it.  :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it is 2 mil guaranteed with incentives that could make it 4.  ???

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao:  nope Glenn don't say it.  :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:
I thought the same Glenn when I posted it, short n fat don't cut it...lol.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it is 2 mil guaranteed with incentives that could make it 4.  ???
:scratch: Pretty close, I'd think the incentives are fairly easy to reach too, if he stays healthy.  https://sports.yahoo.com/contract-details-dalton-risner-revealed-212548503.html

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting article on Fields right after that too. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting article on Fields right after that too.
'To open the season, against the Packers, he let it all hang out. He missed wide-open opportunities, his footwork was sloppy and his decision-making was terrible. The same inhibitions reared their ugly heads last Sunday.

And one former NFL quarterback, Dan Orlovsky, pinpointed all of Fields' problems into two frightening possibilities.

"Justin, right now, looks like one of two things," Orlovsky said on The Pat McAfee Show. "He either can't see the field and can't read defenses. Or, he has absolutely zero trust and belief in what he's looking at."'

Who does that description of Fields remind you of...?  :confused:

After Fields had some success last year, I was worried that Chicago - with all their recent high draft picks - would be a legit threat.  But 'da Bears are 'da Bears
 :blues brothers: and until you see it happen, there ain't much to worry about.  Kinda like the Lions, too.   ;)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good comparison. :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Rams trade Cam Akers to Vikings for swap of 2026 late-round draft picks

The Rams have traded Cam Akers to the Vikings. The deal reportedly involves a swap of 2026 late-round picks.

A former second-round pick, Akers helped the Rams win the Super Bowl during his second season after recovering from an Achilles injury that was sustained during the summer. He rushed for a career-high 786 yards and seven touchdowns last year despite asking for a trade during the first half of the season. Akers had just 29 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries during the Rams' Week 1 loss to the Seahawks.

In Minnesota, Akers will join a Vikings rushing attack that is last in the NFL through two weeks. Akers will reunite with Vikings head coach Kevin O'Connell, who was the Rams offensive coordinator during Akers' first two seasons.

Boy, if that doesn't' sound like a sweetheart deal between Sean McVay and Kevin O'Connell.  The Vikes get a disgruntled running back - hopefully with some gas left in the tank - and all they need to do is swap late round draft pics 3 years from now.   :confused:

Sometimes I am amazed at what NFL players are NOT worth in trade scenarios.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting at the least....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!