Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Meat prices. What's a sale?  (Read 66103 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't look for either clown masks or ammo, but they did have a bunch of cheap frozen turkeys. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
This week Cubs has Essential Everyday frozen turkeys on coupon for 99 cents lb.  Hormel spiral sliced hams 1.99 lb.  Fresh Honeysuckle or Jennio turkeys 1.79 lb.  Beef boneless bottom round roasts 2.99 lb.  Cooks smoked hams 1.59 lb.  Beef NY bonless strip steaks 7.99 lb.  Beef bone in rib eye roasts 9.99 lb.

County Market has prices of turkeys depending on how much you spend.  78 cents lb. with $75 to 98 cents lb with $25 purchased.  Sugardale smoked bone in hams 1.77 lb.  Boneless top round steak 3.79 lb.  Boneless ribeye roast 9.99 lb.  Center cut pork looin roast 2.29 lb.  Pork bone in country style ribs 1.49 lb.  Beef boneless top round roast 3.49 lb.    good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Just saw an ad on tv for Butterball frozen turkeys at Target for .99 per pound.   

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a good price on them Del.  While Butterball is still a good bird they are not like they used to be.  Used to be basted with butter, then margarine, and I don't think they are different than any other grade A bird.  At best injected with a sodium broth solution like other birds.  I just look at the price now as long as they are Grade A birds.  At 99 cents lb. I'll take a Butterball also.  good luck.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Cubs this week has 85% lean ground beef for 2.99 lb.  Jennio 90% ground turkey 2.99 lb.  Pork center cut pork chops bone in 1.99 lb.  Pork spareribs 1.99 lb.  tyson boneless breasts or thighs frozen 2.5 lb. bags $5 each.  Boneless chuck roasts 4.99 lb.  Beef bone in NY strip steaks 7.99 lb.  Fresh meat Loaf 2.99 lb.  Cub smokehouse fresh sausage 3.99 lb.

County Market has bone in pork butts 1.48 lb.  Beef boneless chuck roasts 3.98 lb.  Pork shoulder steaks 1.99 lb.  GoldnPlump cut up 8 pcs chicken 52oz 5.99 each.

Aldi has Appleton farms smoked bone in shank portions 89 cents lb.  Shank portions 1.09 lb.  Pork boneless sirloin roasts 1.99 lb.  Stuffed chicken breasts 4.99 lb.  Fresh 80% lean ground beef 2.99 lb.  Beef chuck roasts 2.99 lb.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Fareway Foods has pork shoulder roast at .99 lb, and 85/15 fresh ground chuck for $2.49 a lb.......

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Great.  Gonna grab me some of that.   Gonna sous vide me some carnitas....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy, saturday is NOT the day to go to Fareway to see yer butcher buddy. Had to get some bulk herring....thankfully, he saw me and allowed a "side of counter" sneak.  ;) They also have huge chicken quarters for .99 lb. Two big ones, which is a meal for me, was $1.73. That's cheap eatin'.
« Last Edit: December 12/03/16, 05:47:50 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so yesterday I went to my favorite meat locker plant to get some questions answered about venision trimmings and meat prices.

a half or whole hog processed was 1.09 per lb. beef prices were for a half was 2.59 a lb. a front 1/4 was 2.49 and a hind 1/4 was 3.19. since its only me and ma I asked about a 1/2 of a 1/2. they said only if we had someone else to split it.

1/2 is a lot of beef for just the 2 of us but really thinkin of going that route just so we can get all the different types of steaks etc. he said a 1/2 averages about 390 lbs so it would require us to shell out $1000 bucks but  it sure would be nice to have it in the freezer!!!

like I,ve said before we are really limited to the stores that get posted here with meat sales sooo........
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
1/2 beef for two???! That'll go to waste! Load up the chebby and bring me down 50 lbs!!!

On second thought, don't! The freezer is stuffed!    :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/04/16, 11:58:42 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm asking to get a small 1/2. and these people double wrap the meat. I've taken meat out almost 2 years old and no freezer burn nuttin..........and still alive.

besides I like my beef so no issues here.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a great idea!!! Spring steak grill-out at Glenn's!!!!!!!!!!  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that sounds like a great deal Glenn..  I haven't priced 1/4 of beef lately though.  So how many lbs of meat is in a front or rear qtr???

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that sounds like a great deal Glenn..  I haven't priced 1/4 of beef lately though.  So how many lbs of meat is in a front or rear qtr???

Ya might wanna reword, that, LPS. He might think ya mean his old GF.   :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya might wanna reword, that, LPS. He might think ya mean his old GF.   :rotflmao:
ha.........all my old girlfriends I set to the side are posting in the "i think I should go fishing thread!!!! not sure were HD, finds all these pictures of my old flames, but...........

ok back on topic, LPS, all he told me was the average weight of a half was around 390 lbs and would bet that's hanging weight!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a great idea!!! Spring steak grill-out at Glenn's!!!!!!!!!!  :happy1:
i'm game.....you bring da beer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like a blast, if Mr. Sparkles can make it here reb the hemi take it from their.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mr. Sparkles already rarin' to go! I can hear that Borla exhaust rappin' now down in the garage!.....  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I best go put a smurf guard on da front.... :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Well back from Muzzy hunting.  Great time but no deer.  Did see a moose.  Last time I saw one was 10 years ago at our deer area.  I posted this in the hunting forum.  This week Cub has beef T-bones  at 6.99 lb. Artic Shore 41/50 ct shrimp 6.99 each.  4 oz. cold water lobster tails 6.99 each.Beef chuck roast 3.99 lb.  Farmland Bacon 16 oz. 2/$7.  Fresh chicken thighs or drums 99 cents lb.  Bone in pork country style ribs 2.49 lb.  93% lean ground beef 3.99 lb. Bnls pork pork chops 2.99 lb.

County Market has beef chuck arm roasts bnls 2.98 lb.  Pork assorted pork chops 1.58 lb.  Beef bnls top sirloin steaks 4.49 lb.  Boneless pork country style ribs 1.99 lb.  Bone in center cut pork chops 1.79 lb.  They will have their one day sale again on Wednesday Dec. 7.  that place is very busy that day always with lots of great buy's.  Always a lot of hot meat prices.

Aldi has Appleton Farms Smoked Ham shank portion 89 cents. lb.   Hot buy on pork St. Louis ribs at 1.99 lb.  Fresh family pack chicken drumsticks 69 cents lb.  Tyson 2.34 lb. beef stew kit 7.99 lb.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
T-bone steaks; , $5.88 lb....Hormel cure 81 ham, $1.99 lb, pork tenderloins, $2.99 lb, Silver lake foods.  Boneless rump roast, $1.99 lb, Fareway. I better post their ad so Delmonaco doesn't miss it... ;)

https://www.fareway.com/stores/mn/rochester/3964-e-frontage-52-rd-nw/ad/weekly

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Reiny, check your pm's.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
T-bone steaks; , $5.88 lb....Hormel cure 81 ham, $1.99 lb, pork tenderloins, $2.99 lb, Silver lake foods.  Boneless rump roast, $1.99 lb, Fareway. I better post their ad so Delmonaco doesn't miss it... ;)

https://www.fareway.com/stores/mn/rochester/3964-e-frontage-52-rd-nw/ad/weekly

What does one do with a rump roast?   I stop in there on occasion after my pumping iron etc. 

Gotta stay strong enough to put on a duluth pack, and to put a canoe on my shoulders  (fortunately it is kevlar).

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm sure glad ya didn't ask another goofy question about what to do with a Boston butt.... :doah:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm sure glad ya didn't ask another goofy question about what to do with a Boston butt.... :doah:

So you don't know either...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha! O Del, friggin' EVERYONE knows what to do with a rump roast!!! Do you REALLY live in Minnysoda??! Have ya ever heard of a crock pot?? And you've never smoked a Boston butt??! What else is better to smoke? You can't tell me that you don't know that, I ain't bitin'......  C'mon over this weeknd and see what's going in the c pot on low with carrots and taters....it's resting in the 'fridge right now. :doah:
« Last Edit: December 12/08/16, 01:33:38 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
and here i thought that that souce de fergie thingy could cook anything to shear perfection?????????? :scratch: :scratch: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :coffee:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
and here i thought that that souce de fergie thingy could cook anything to shear perfection?????????? :scratch: :scratch: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :coffee:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :applause:

Homework for today:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman