Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: June 4th Report  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
There are a lot of rumors going around about Oahe with the flooding but so far other than a lot of water and more current we are very fortunate that we are not affected by the high releases and all resorts on Oahe are in full swing. This is not meant to diminish the hardships being endured by those in Pierre and Fort Pierre that are in the flood zone and if you have reservations at some of the motels in the flood plain you probably better check to make sure as some might get flooded if new dikes don't work. Fishing from dam to Cheyenne is spotty but speaking for myself I think I just don't have a handle on finding the main bite for the walleye in this heavy current and rising water yet. It is easy to get all the smallmouth bass and pike etc. on lake but numbers of big walleye are harder to come by. A 4 to 8 fish average is for now probably what most boats are coming in with. I think the key is finding water that isn't too dirty from run off. Bite is shallow and pitching jigs with gulp or pulling shallow plugs has been my choice. Some fish being caught on minnow/ bouncer rigs. Current is changing some of the June spots and making fish harder to find.

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Thanks for the report Hutch! 

My thoughts and prayers also go out to all those people affected by the flooding.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN