Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: so, now its mom.......  (Read 16395 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
went to see her for a bit yesterday.........she got her color back again.  :happy1: moving a little slow, but to be expected......... the stents they put in are temporary, she goes in on dec 23 rd to have them removed then they decide if they put permanent ones in or not. then there's the biopsy.......... :doah: :surrender:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
keep thinking positive!!  good for her!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, stay positive Glenn. Glad she is feeling better.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Best wishes for your mom Glenn

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so a little update. the surgeon was a bit concerned, her tests from the first procedure came back negative for the C word, but he is confused. he had originally thought of sending her to the U of M. instead they moved up her checkup. that was done this past monday. this surgeon worked at the Mayo at one time.

a week earlier she started not feeling good and her eating started to suck again. they went in and took the temporary stents in, found them to be blocked, so they put bigger ones in. they did some more tests, and we are waiting for those results. at this point there trying to figure out just WHY this is happening???????

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope all gets figured out with her Glenn. Even as smart as the docs are they are still making educated guesses. Hoping for the best for her.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the update, glenn! I was wondering what the latest news was, hope she starts feelin better soon.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my best for her Glenn, and JB is 100% right about the Drs.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks guys..yea she is doing good. looks good too!!!!!1 hell she even went and had an A & W ice cream cone yesterday  :happy1: :rotflmao:

she did send everyone an email last night saying she wasnt up to, or strong enough yet to do her christmas eve dinner, thing. i agree she gets tuckered out fast. and i smiled inside........ :evil: :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 12/03/21, 09:15:50 AM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds like good news Glenn.  :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My best to her glenn! Hope she continues to make progress & they can figure it out.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Last Friday mom had to have these stents replaced and they sent her to the U of M. I guess they talked about and decided when they replaced them they put 2 new ones in that where like a splitter! Doc says she should be good now for 6 months instead of having to go every 3.

They did say she had a tumor in her liver, but it was a hard tumor  :scratch: and probably cancer. But because it was or is a hard tumor they don't want to treat it with chemo or radiation unless things go south

My brother told me she has a big problem with the U because when she says something they don't jump through hoops right away  :rotflmao: yep sounds like mom and her mom was the same way. When they said no hurry, whenever you get time, that meant drop what your doing and get there!🙄

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Figured I'd put this subject where it belongs. So Monday mom has to go to the U because they can't do the procedure there with the type of stent used . She's already bucky cause she has to go there. She assumes they'd do it Tuesday.

Tuesday comes and they can't do it, I didn't get a reason. I'd assume doc busy and no surgical room. Mom expects them to jump through hoops to get it done

They did the procedure today about 1. Got back to her room buy 4:15. I'm getting the info from her husband. Has to stay overnight. Oh boy. Good thing she's pretty sleepy after this.  But I'm not looking forward to that first visit with her! :doah: I assume he will bring her back to her house tomorrow!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Hang tough brother!!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang hope it went well, we are with you buddy!!!   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, hope all went well too!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It usually does, lasts for a while  then rinse repeat. I just want to get the first visit over with cause I know it's going to be negative! But she will be feeling a whole lot better!; :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hope it went well. Thinkin' of ya, bud. Don't envy the spot you're in.  :sad:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear you glenn. Went through the same thing with my mother. Nothing was done when she thought it should be, doctors weren't coming to see her when she thought they should, the list is long. Just be patient, bite your tongue when you have to and like boar said hang in there. We're all thinking of you and your mom.  :happy1:  :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope it went well. Thinkin' of ya, bud. Don't envy the spot you're in.  :sad:
X 2  :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so mom wont be coming home today. something in her blood work called bilirubin is to high. mayhaps tomorrow depending on another blood draw.

so i googled it.......and as i read it, depending on weather your an optimist or negative nellie it could be nothing........or something else.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll go with good..    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hoping it's good.  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup sticking with good too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So I'm spending the night in the ER with my mom??

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
say what!!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What's up Glenn?