Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2010 MNO Smack Down  (Read 210916 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
      I will be sure to send you a postcard from the winners circle.   :USA:  Look it up on Wikipedia General.  That is the closest you will ever get!!!   :moon: :moon:

Your part-timers must be kicking in again.  Remember a little competition where The General took down BB which = winners circle.  You are more like Bench Warmer Bob.  The only winners circle your going to see is one others do the work for.  You better stick to your job as team cheerleader. :rotflmao:

Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
     Beating Bobby with a broken casting hand does not get you bragging rights to anything.  Do it straight up and then you can talk.  In the mean time I found you a game you might be able to handle.  I don't even you could mess this up. ;D   

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Now wait here, the casting wrist was healthy enough to fish and according to our side bet rules I lost to the General.  :cry:  But Since this is the Smack thread of the Challenge I can go and lay a little here.   training-087 I have lost count how many fish I could have posted that would have won my side bet for me let alone how many bass and northerns I have caught this fall that make the General fish look like bait. I even have the proof as all you need to do is to watch the videos here.  :fishing: ( Shameless plug to read stories and watch videos of Lake Iwanttobethere) Since it took the General a weeks vacation time to catch a 24" northern I am sure in a head to head challenge I would not have much problem defeating him. Matter of fact the General is the kind of fishermen I like having in my boat with me, gives me an extra license to fill.  :rotflmao: 

Perhaps we should talk about a one day contest next summer at a lake where Hunterdown could be our ref. Of course we would fish out of two separate boats, That is if the General even owns a boat? I could then give the General the dollar that I owe him, I have it invested in the stock market right now so I don't know what the value will be then... :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Now wait here, the casting wrist was healthy enough to fish and according to our side bet rules I lost to the General.  :cry:  But Since this is the Smack thread of the Challenge I can go and lay a little here.   training-087 I have lost count how many fish I could have posted that would have won my side bet for me let alone how many bass and northerns I have caught this fall that make the General fish look like bait. I even have the proof as all you need to do is to watch the videos here.  :fishing: ( Shameless plug to read stories and watch videos of Lake Iwanttobethere) Since it took the General a weeks vacation time to catch a 24" northern I am sure in a head to head challenge I would not have much problem defeating him. Matter of fact the General is the kind of fishermen I like having in my boat with me, gives me an extra license to fill.  :rotflmao: 

Perhaps we should talk about a one day contest next summer at a lake where Hunterdown could be our ref. Of course we would fish out of two separate boats, That is if the General even owns a boat? I could then give the General the dollar that I owe him, I have it invested in the stock market right now so I don't know what the value will be then... :whistling:

1.  I caught the slim ball in one day fishing with Doug and HD.

2.  Doug and I will take you and partner and all comers on.  Plus you make the rules for that day.  DDS can hang with us he's a good cheerleader and can run a cooler like no bodies business.  Plus we may even let you pick the lake so you have a chance BB.

3.  Sorry to hear you couldn't perform in the time given period allowed in our challenge.  Mrs. BB I hear as the same complaint :rotflmao:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

4.  The only rule Doug and I would add is every beer drank adds 2 inches to the total and 3 inches for every spotted cow drank (Don't ask on that one you don't want to know :rotflmao:).

5.  While on vacation I only fished walleyes..........a real mans fish :happy1:

6.  I own a boat.

7.  I would enjoy meeting you so you would know I'm not such a bad guy.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

1.  I caught the slim ball in one day fishing with Doug and HD.

2.  Doug and I will take you and partner and all comers on.  Plus you make the rules for that day.  DDS can hang with us he's a good cheerleader and can run a cooler like no bodies business.  Plus we may even let you pick the lake so you have a chance BB.

3.  Sorry to hear you couldn't perform in the time given period allowed in our challenge.  Mrs. BB I hear as the same complaint :rotflmao:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

4.  The only rule Doug and I would add is every beer drank adds 2 inches to the total and 3 inches for every spotted cow drank (Don't ask on that one you don't want to know :rotflmao:).

5.  While on vacation I only fished walleyes..........a real mans fish :happy1:

6.  I own a boat.

7.  I would enjoy meeting you so you would know I'm not such a bad guy.
So General, you quickly turn it to a team event, can't do it  by yourself? Drinking is now involved where you think you might be able to drink your bait in to a catchable size and you insult me by making a comment about my wife. Na, your not a bad guy at all...  :coffee:  Say Hunter, want to partner up with me? Seems the last time we fished we boated 51 :fishing2: I think we can do better... :happy1:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
This weekend is early doe season, and the kids wanna go.
But after that, I'm free to go till the end of the month.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     I'm with General on this one.  BB says General won the 1$ fair and square.  (thus no reason for a one on one challenge for this year.    In addition the real challenge is still ongoing.  Fawk will be busy as will I trying to close this years challenge.  I too am a walleye fisherman.  I have led a sheltered life because I could not imagine targeting pike or bass since I was about 12.  Now that I need to catch one on purpose I have expanded my horizons.  The General was kind enough to let me to run the cooler for himself and Fawk so I would say how about making it a real challenge.  Pout !!!!!   You can even throw in Kenhuntin on our team.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   I'm sure some of the pouters would like to put an end to this discussion.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
BB if that comment in the SMACK DOWN offended you I'm sorry it was just a joke hence all the little dudes laughing.  No insult intended for sure.  

"Can't do it by myself :scratch: :scratch:".........didn't I already do that?  I figured I already whooped you up one on one why not make it a team thing, plus have as many teams of members also in on it from MNO.  Seemed like a good idea at the time :scratch:.  It will however not be this year. Maybe late ice or next summer.

As far as the beer thing you always talk about Hamms and Wild Turkey I just figured you'd be up for the challenge.  But maybe after one you are falling out of the boat.  

You are more then welcome to pick any partner you would like.  HD is a good choice for sure.  Great guy!  I and Doug already beat him once too so he may be looking for revenge  :happy1:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Well, I hate to say it but the boat is going to have to be pulled this weekend.  The weather is going to change for next week..   Unfortunately for Team catch and release there is a full moon this weekend.  Perfect time for that mother of all walleyes to be plucked.  Bass during the day.  The bite was non existant last week so I expect the bass to be on a terror.  If need be I will shore fish right up to the end but the boat is coming out this weekend. :cry:  I really would not mind closing this challenge out  Sunday.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Whoa...there buckaroo...

I recall me and Doug got skunked...you caught 2 pike and a sheep bass...Dave caught 3 pike and a Muskie....

So, I would call that a tie ballgame....  ;D

The only person you beat was my 12 year old son at a game of buck hunter.  :rotflmao:

Yes, the guide service sucked...but, the beer drinking....... priceless!  :drinking:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Oh Yeah HD I forgot about the Pre-Fishing you and Dave did before we got there.  So a draw it is I can live with that ;D.  The Guide service was great and so was the company.  I'm sure Little HD is practicing up for the next go :happy1:

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
That reminds me. HD I think we owe you about 3 cases of beer. Heck of a sheep bass as I recall.

Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Looks like the two first place teams are stuck in the mud. So, you'd better get out of our way because The Untouchables are truckin your way and we mean business!

PS. We've hired The General to be our driver. :doah:

Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Hey Lee,

Tell them to get of the tracks when the trains coming through.

Thanks to little HD for passing me and his old man up and moving me down to tenth place (if I remember right 10th place wins a prize  :happybounce:)  Guess the Buck Hunter is going to be on me the next time we play :happy1:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
[Hey Lee,

(if I remember right 10th place wins a prize  :happybounce:)  Guess the Buck Hunter is going to be on me the next time we play :happy1:
[/quote]

Oh contraire!  :bs: Nice try General, but your still living in the past. This is the new and improved 2010 Challenge.  :sorry: No more prizes for mediocrity!  :moon:
« Last Edit: October 10/24/10, 08:21:48 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Hey Lee,

I'm cool with that.  I already won the most important $1 of the year :rotflmao:.  Plus I wouldn't expect anything less from "The Man" to try and hold a brother down.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

P.S. Your just like Obama with your "Change"..........Team Eye Candy wants no part of it. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/24/10, 03:55:49 PM by The General »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey Lee,

I'm cool with that.  I already won the most important $1 of the year :rotflmao:.  Plus I wouldn't expect anything less from "The Man" to try and hold a brother down.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

P.S. Your just like Obama with your "Change"..........Team Eye Candy wants no part of it. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You need to use caution when giving evaluation statements. Look what happened to Jaun Williams :whistling:

I don't think you'll land on your feet like Jaun :doah:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Hey Lee,

You need to use caution when giving evaluation statements. Look what happened to Jaun Williams :whistling:

I don't think you'll land on your feet like Jaun :doah:

I'm good Lee.  I already made some purchases before the Smack Down started one being...........

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  :coffee:

:scratch: It may be a tad late in the game, but I think I've figured out why DDSBYDAY isn't catching many fish for his team. :doah:

« Last Edit: October 10/26/10, 11:33:52 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     Late in the game-bwahhhhhaaa.  Just hitting crunch time.  Team dream crushers are still grinding.  Bring on the wind, rain and snow.  I tossed out the long shanks last weekend and turned the lake of no fish into the lake of not big enough fish.  I have been in constant contact with my partners.  We will not rest until the deadline of midnight on Oct. 31st.  General will be out wearing his lady Gaga outfit filling his pillow case full of candy while the real men are out chasing monsters.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
DDS, I leave the lady costumes to you my little cheer leader.  Plus I will be busy sticking a monster at Camp Ripley.   :happy1:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     Congrats on your Riply permit.  From what I have heard you can not even fall out of your stand without landing on a 12 pointer.  It will be interesting to see how a guy that couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat does.  :green archer: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  (just a tip-don't throw your back out helping the 12 year old kid next to you haul her deer out)!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
     Congrats on your Riply permit.  From what I have heard you can not even fall out of your stand without landing on a 12 pointer.  It will be interesting to see how a guy that couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat does.  :green archer: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  (just a tip-don't throw your back out helping the 12 year old kid next to you haul her deer out)!!!

nice to see my little protege use sayings I've already used.  Maybe someday you'll find your way out of that wet paper bag and make it on your own or even catch a fish to help support your team. :rotflmao:

P.S. I'd love to help that 12 year old with her deer. 

P.S.S DDS I may just have to make a new award for the fishing challenge that i choose the winner every year.  I think I'll call it "Says the Most....Catches the Least".  You for sure would be this years winner. :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   At least my teamates will still talk to me.  I wonder why yours won't talk to you?   :cry:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
   At least my teamates will still talk to me. 

I know I'm The General but even I..........

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
"You for sure would be this years winner".  :happy1: :happy1:  I appreciate your vote of confidence.  I will try not to let you down.  If my team takes first your team still ends up in the same place.  Somewhere between a knock-out and a coma.  It is too bad the summer went so fast.  I would have enjoyed a few more weeks of sweeping your leg!! :dancinred: :king:   

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     I knew we would agree on something eventually!!!  Thats why I have to go :fishing2: for a couple of more days. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    This is it.  3 days left in the 2010 challenge.  As predicted the young guys went out quick and faded fast.  I worked feverishly through the night with duct tape, wire and electrical tape to get the barge ready to float one last weekend.  Team dream crushers are planning a big move up the leader board Sunday night.   :taz: :taz:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Now that Team Dream Crushers has slowly become Team Crushed Dreams it saddens me to think about how hard they've worked in the quest for 1st place in the challenge. As for myself it's been a long struggle trying to claw my way back to the top of the leader board. At least I've had the opportunity at seasons end to claim victory with my highly talented 2008 team mates Bobby Bass and Big Slick.

As the reining 2008 championship team we have all vowed to have "2008 Challenge Champion" inscribed on our tombstones. But, enough about the greatest team ever assembled. As I sit here day by day growing old I've tried to think of how my friends over at Crushed Dreams must be feeling right now as the 2010 championship has slipped away when it was there for the taking.

Therefore in sympathy for Team Dream Crushers I'd like to dedicate this song. Please feel free to sing along if you so choose.

:cry:
« Last Edit: October 10/29/10, 04:57:17 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports