Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 649346 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: Think we stopped there the last time we went down Hwy 6.
:scratch: in Emily or crosby????? Emily to me is a tourist trap type area with fifty lakes and all the other lakes in the area.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Crosby, but I just found out that they're putting in some new culverts on 169 in Garrison & won't be done until noon tomorrow & we'll be through there before that. So, we're going to go over & hit 65 now, I think.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner, if you’re staying on 65, the gas in Ham Lake was $2.94 to $2.96 yesterday. The BP snd Speedy at Constance and the Holiday at Crosstown.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Gunner, if you’re staying on 65, the gas in Ham Lake was $2.94 to $2.96 yesterday. The BP snd Speedy at Constance and the Holiday at Crosstown.

I run the Victory Auto across the highway from that BP and Speedy your talking about and they most times have the cheapest fuel in the area. If anyone needs propane in the area the BP is super cheap on that too.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Thanks guys, but we decided to go over & hit I 35 just north of Hinckley. :cool:
« Last Edit: May 05/04/24, 09:18:20 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked the webcams..........no activity at Geigers??  :scratch: :scratch: nothing at lakewood either???

boats at the narrows and the big bog cam.......not as many as i thought i'd see????

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There was 2 boats, besides their pontoon, at Lakewood's dock yday by 3:00. They were there early today too, so they must be out now. :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's been a steady stream going through the Narrows the last 5-10 minutes.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just seen on book of faces that Winnie outpost had posted yesterday the traffic on hwy 2 going into deer river  :doofus: :rotflmao: About the area Orty's meats is. Backed up a long ways. :rotflmao:

They were limiting the amount of bait each person could get.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's the picture they posted.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I only see ~ 5 boats!  :confused:
« Last Edit: May 05/11/24, 09:22:37 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ugh.  Why bother?  :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ugh.  Why bother?  :confused:
pretty much that way every opener on friday afternoon.....somewhat similar to big 3 day weekends...and deer hunting too.....depends on time of day also...........why i go up few days earlier and leave later.

i have a golden rule.........NEVER go up the weekend of..mayhaps deer hunting...... but i find i get the area pretty much to myself the weekend prior or after the big ones!!!

back in the day i was working in the shop.......weelends........especially fridays got filled  with people taking vacation days......most employers only allow i limited # of people  gone on any given day.......i took mondays off....weather was the best on sunday afternoon and we watched everyone else go home!!!!  :happy1: :sleazy:
« Last Edit: May 05/12/24, 10:24:57 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: If we travel on Friday, which doesn't happen very often, we're going the other direction & normally south of the metro by 10 or 11. Going up we're usually having breakfast at Sportman's in DR by about 7-7:30 & it's the middle of the week. :cool:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I worked and took long weekends on hunting and fishing trips I took off early on Fri but I took Monday off too.  Otherwise the extra day off Friday was gone right away.  With Monday off I could look forward to my extra day all weekend.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Watched the neighbor putting his Ranger in yday ~ 9:15 on Lakewood's web cam, so I called him last night. He said he had a heck of a time getting it off the trailer. Real smokey up there yday too. Close as he could tell, they only had people in 2 cabins over the weekend. Geiger's is sayin on FB that they have 280' of dock out. Looks like there's 7 boats tied up there early today.
« Last Edit: May 05/13/24, 07:33:29 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a hike to the end of that dock. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sent you a pm, glenn.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY..... JOHN........you still headed to Bowstring????? wanting to meet up yet or..........did the wife ground you!!!!! :evil: :shocked: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yep I'm still heading up Friday morning. Lets keep in touch via text not sure what will be doing. Would be cool if we can make it work to have a cold one.  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep I'm still heading up Friday morning. Lets keep in touch via text not sure what will be doing. Would be cool if we can make it work to have a cold one.  ;)
:happy1: :happy1: will do.......i'll let that gunner feller know too!!!!!!!!  :happy1: he's actually closer to you then i will be, but not much.

oh by the way dont let Gunner know if you head to Inger........he gets mad!!!!  :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes: :evil:

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 I keep hearing about the girls up there.     :sleazy:   Maybe need to take a trip up there.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: will do.......i'll let that gunner feller know too!!!!!!!!  :happy1: he's actually closer to you then i will be, but not much.

oh by the way dont let Gunner know if you head to Inger........he gets mad!!!!  :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes: :evil:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
   Must have taken that corner too fast. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
wonder where thats at??? think there was a grocery store on the corner of 371 coming into town.

pretty sure the first original Teals store originated in Cass lake but think they got rid of that one!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I thought that was a Teals too.  Teals bought out the big grocery store in Luverne too.  A friend owned the big store at the time and bought out the other small ones and made a huge store.  Great success.  That is what Teals bought from him. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I thought that was a Teals too.  Teals bought out the big grocery store in Luverne too.  A friend owned the big store at the time and bought out the other small ones and made a huge store.  Great success.  That is what Teals bought from him.
it seems thats what they do.....about a year ago they bought out 2 stores south of red wing somewhere.....and one in WI!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
 I seen this yesterday morning.  It looked to me like he turned a bit to fast and the load was not secured down properly.   Looked like when the load shifted it took the truck with it. 

That used to be Teals but became Leech Lake Market about a year ago.