Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Posting Pictures Easy  (Read 949 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'm going to try and make this easiest way to post pictures.

1st, you take a picture on your device, or download one you like:

2nd, you start a post and you get a screen like this:

3rd, you click on the little black cloud:

4th, it opens a screen like this:

5th, you do what the text says or click on the "browse from your computer" if you choose the computer, you will need to know the location of the picture. Once you have found the picture, you can drag and drop, or highlight the picture file and click "open":

Last, once you get the photo over, select a category, agree to the terms and click the upload button. That's it! You will see it on your post, and you can type text above it or under it....then click post.

Tiny Pix automatically will resize your photo and orientate it properly. This is the easiest way, and it saves on server size.

And...whola, just like magic, your picture is in your post

If you decide to try posting straight from your phone. Here are a few things to keep in mind....If you are using a "droid" phone, you will have to take your picture with your phone sideways. Otherwise, your picture will be posted on it's side. IPhones, I'm not sure on, cause I don't own one.....

Either way, you WILL have to resize and get the picture down to less than a Gig. Keep in mind, most phones nowa days take pictures at 10 to 20 Gigs. If you try to load them without resizing, they probably will not load and time out, and you will get a error from the site.
« Last Edit: October 10/28/23, 01:48:12 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Is this why my picture in my Avatar is sideways? I'm a bit less than tech savvy.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Is this why my picture in my Avatar is sideways? I'm a bit less than tech savvy.

Probably
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Been awhile since I dabbled with the avatar pic but I believe it needs to cropped down quite a bit.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just move one of the edges in very little is all you have to do.  It will be straight every time.