Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532079 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, he has been bashing the Vikes for a while.  I don't know about the quote claiming to be better than Brady or Montana, but I found this one...

"By the looks of QB depth charts these days, I should have worked harder to be best friends with the starter instead of actually competing and playing well.  Teams value average backup play so the starter isn't threatened. #bitter take of the day lol."

@KyleSloter 11:31 AM - Aug 31. 2023

He probably does have a point when you see veteran quarterbacks like Erin Rodgers and Kapt. Kirk get all pi$$y about teams drafting their quarterback-of-the-future in the 1st round without asking their permission first.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea  the Brady, Montana thing might have been a bit of an exaggeration!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He did real good in a preseason game so a lot of us had high hopes for him.  Then they traded him or something.  Kind of a surprise from what I remember.  Don't know if Grumpy ever let him play again.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I said, he probably isn't wrong about teams coddling their starting QBs, but on the other hand, the guy was with 11 teams in 7 years.  If HE had something to offer, he might have stuck around for a while.  Just sayin...  :coffee:
  • Denver Broncos
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Detroit Lions
  • Chicago Bears
  • Las Vegas Raiders
  • Minnesota Vikings (second stint)
  • New Orleans Breakers
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Arlington Renegades
  • Birmingham Stallions

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Don't count him out yet. I think I saw Minnesota has a new arena league team so maybe he can back-up Ricky Fogge
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: The Minnesota Vikings welcomed quarterback J.J. McCarthy to his first day of rookie minicamp with a wake-up call, a lost wager and a handful of wind-sprints.

ESPN’s Kevin Seifert reported on Friday, May 10, that McCarthy and the defensive unit he faced made a bet involving accuracy, pass-game success and extra exercise.“As it turns out, McCarthy had jumped right into a friendly competition with the defensive players he faced on the first day of the Vikings’ rookie minicamp,” Seifert wrote. “The stakes were simple: During a 16-play drill, only three (or fewer) of McCarthy’s passes could hit the ground. If that happened, the defensive players would run. If four or more hit the ground, he would have to run.”
McCarthy delivered the results of the contest himself.

“If you guys saw,” McCarthy told reporters, “I was out there running.”  :cool:
« Last Edit: May 05/11/24, 08:56:40 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that sounds great!  So he is having some fun and showing some confidence.  I like the guy already.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Its ok if the new guy looses bets like that now.  He'll be a good leader.