Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532600 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gives me no respect for the committee.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking at the list of guys that did make it, I recognize Roger Craig, Ken Anderson, Randy Gradishar, Joe Jacoby, Steve McMichael, Sterling Sharp, and Otis Taylor - and only three of them are going to make it.

The NFL HOF is a very exclusive club and many deserving players are left out.  Definitely not the case where every great player gets a HOF participation ribbon.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
just read the Vikings signed Hunter to a new 1 year deal and the Vikings agreed not to put the franchise tag on him next year.

now lets hope he can stay on the field!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good news.  I hope he is happy and does well.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I don't care what these guys do, it's to early for football.   :mad1:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The cooler weather this weekend sort of felt like early fall NFL weather. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
just read the Vikings signed Hunter to a new 1 year deal and the Vikings agreed not to put the franchise tag on him next year.

now lets hope he can stay on the field!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
Prolly the best possible outcome for a guy who isn't ready to retire.  For sure he wants one more big contract and this is the best way to get it.

No one was going to pay him as one of the best rushers in the league since he is 3 years removed from playing at that level.  He's got to prove he can still do it and stay healthy. 

It is a good sign that the Vikes agreed to not franchise tag him next year.  Players hate that so I think that reflects well on the organization.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Making 17 million. Nice raise from 5 million.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He better be playing his heart out after fleecing us like he has the last few years. Hoping Flores gets the most out of these guys and as a Viking optimist and proud Kool-Aid drinker I think we are going to see a fun season.  :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/31/23, 04:42:45 PM by LPS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY DUTCHY.............vikings pre-season game is this thursday at 7 pm iffin ya got the NFL  network!!!!!! :happy1: :evil: :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it is at 9:00 pm Glenn. Not sure how to handle that.  Mayhaps recording it just in case I don't make it through all of it.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it is at 9:00 pm Glenn. Not sure how to handle that.  Mayhaps recording it just in case I don't make it through all of it.
since ithink there playing seatlle it it might be out there hence 9, and 7 pm central?????????? not sure though.

i just didnt want Dutchy to miss it!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Recording a 9PM preseason game in case you don't make it all the way?  :scratch:

I thought the purpose of preseason games was for catching a nap after the 1st half.  :bonk:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Recording a 9PM preseason game in case you don't make it all the way?  :scratch:

I thought the purpose of preseason games was for catching a nap after the 1st half.  :bonk:

or just as it starts!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like the Lions are signing Teddy Bridgewater.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just thought I would check in.  I am looking forward to seeing Mullens and Jaren Hall.  Starts at 9 so we shall see how that all plays out.  I suppose Dutchy is in bed taking a nap so he can watch it from start to finish.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
is it over yet??     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  They do get old butt???

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I watched into the second quarter.  Past my bed time so recorded the rest of it.  Was 10-0 Vikes when I went to bed.  Mullens was looking good.  The team as a whole looked pretty good actually.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Dutchy would rather watch the NBA or Soccer or even a Biden speech than a early season NFL preseason game.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here I thought you watched it till the end.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No NFL Network here & don't care. Been reading some good things about an undrafted LB, Pace, out of Cincinnati getting some minutes with the #1 defense though. :cool: Not that big of a guy either.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It was supposed to be on NFL network but just at the start they said find it on your local network.  I did find it on 521 Ant.  ???  It was a very grainy picture just like from and antenna. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dutchy would rather watch the NBA or Soccer or even a Biden speech than a early season NFL preseason game.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

LPS.........around here the local channel 9 had it on!!!!!!!! and dutchy missed Paul Allen doing the broadcast there!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
So, what did we learn from last night's game?  That our 2nd stringers are about as good as Seattle's subs, and their 3rd teamers are better than ours?   :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The first quarter or so Mullens and the team looked pretty good like I said.  I guess after that it got ugly.  I haven't watched that part.  I was hoping Hall would look good too so we had a QB controversy.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm still not sure what it mean...   :scratch:

Danielle Hunter’s contract incentives are revealed

When the Minnesota Vikings signed outside linebacker Danielle Hunter to a modified contract, there were $3 million in incentives. On Friday, The Star Tribune’s Ben Goessling reported those incentives, all of which are not likely to be earned.

11 sacks: $1 million
12.5 sacks: $2 million total
14 sacks: $3 million total

These are all numbers that Hunter can hit, as he has two seasons of 14.5 sacks in his career. The thing here that’s important for salary cap purposes is they are not likely to be earned, which means they don’t impact the 2023 salary cap number.

If the player didn’t hit the stat the incentive is based on the prior year, it doesn’t count towards that year’s salary cap. It will hit the next year’s salary cap if the player achieves the bonus.

This is Hunter betting on himself and the Vikings showing a willingness to reward their players for a good performance.

I just hope it means that he's happy, will play hard, do well, and the Vikes will figure out how to keep him as a cornerstone defensive player.