Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 115509 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I agree with db :shocked: ;) :smiley:, in that the markets.................i.e. supply & demand is what really sets the prices. They charge too much for their service, the market will tell them so. Besides, if anybody can do it better for cheaper it's probably Bezos, IMO. :scratch:
« Last Edit: December 12/20/23, 02:47:27 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Diamond Sports Group, the owner of 18 regional sports networks (RSNs) including Bally Sports North, has agreed a deal that will allow it to emerge from bankruptcy and is set to pave the way for MLB, NHL and NBA games to be streamed on Amazon Prime.

Twins, Wolves, Wild and Lynx games could soon be made available on Prime.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Diamond Sports Group, the owner of 18 regional sports networks (RSNs) including Bally Sports North, has agreed a deal that will allow it to emerge from bankruptcy and is set to pave the way for MLB, NHL and NBA games to be streamed on Amazon Prime.

:crazy: :crazy: :thumbs:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Prime has 160 million subscribers worldwide & we have been 1 of them from the beginning. :happybounce: :cool:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Don't know how those rich tycoon types can write a bad contract to WAY overpay for the rights to broadcast sports, loose money the whole time, file bankruptcy, emerge somehow, and I'll bet someone at Diamond Sports is coming out of it smelling like a rose.  I wonder who.  :scratch:

And Bezos is the master of buy low/sell high.  He'll make out like a bandit too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It has been common practice to spin off the $ losing parts of the business after loading them with debt. Then file bancruptcy & after bankruptcy buying back the $ losing businesses that are now debt free for pennies on the dollar. But the courts have finally gotten wise to that strategy & are stopping it now. So, Amazon steps in & offers $100 mil for those rights instead as that's an easy, relatively cheap way for them to expand their Prime streaming service. :confused:
« Last Edit: January 01/18/24, 07:10:01 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So basically Amazon is bailing Diamond out.  Hence they get the sports contracts. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :angry2: :angry2: :confused:  there all effin crooks!!!!! :bs: :surrender:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: That from a guy who had Jimmy Hoffa for a hero. :doah:             :sleazy: :mooning: :evil:
« Last Edit: January 01/19/24, 02:47:47 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO if the Twins are on Amazon I sure as he77 hope they also get it on all of the area cable companies.  My Dad is gonna be 92 and he and my Mom live in an assisted living apt.  I sure hope he gets to watch the Twins.  That keeps one busy all summer.  Very important. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It is worth doing whatever you can to figure it out, firestick, roku, etc... to get the games on.

But I also know that finding staff to figure out TV issues in assisted living to help switch channels when the games come on is rough - assuming someone at 92 would struggle switching sources on remote control connections and remembering amazon passwords.  :doah:

I'm in my 60s and have all I can do to find what I want.    :embarrassed:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
A lot of elderly people really enjoy the twins. My wife is wondering if there is something they can do at the nursing home she works at.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose their cable provider would have to get Amazon in order for it to be on. 

Offline fishingstar

• Outdoorsman
I'm hopping it's not just amazon prime. Maybe they will have will have it on bally and they will have the money to hire someone to fix there app.
I don't use the app but I heard it sucks.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I read somewhere that there had been some talk of whoever ended up getting the broadcast rights keeping the same production crews, including the announcers as Bally had doin it. :confused:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: That from a guy who had Jimmy Hoffa for a hero. :doah:             :sleazy: :mooning: :evil:
That's funny stuff !!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
:scratch: I read somewhere that there had been some talk of whoever ended up getting the broadcast rights keeping the same production crews, including the announcers as Bally had doin it. :confused:

I think the clubs control who the announcers are, in fact I think they are paid by the club. Thats how Bremer ended up with a PR job with the Twins.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
way to go Joe M!!!!   in the 1st round!!!   Mn boy does good!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Bally Sports North will carry Minnesota Twins games in the 2024 MLB season, which will be available for cable and streaming TV subscribers whose packages include BSN.
There will be no "direct-to-consumer" option for Twins games in 2024. Games will not be shown on Bally Sports Plus, nor will a separate option be made available this season for fans who want to stream Twins games and Twins games alone.
Out-of-market fans who are outside of the blackout areas will still be able to stream Twins games via MLB.TV or MLB Extra Innings.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I know Polanco was aging and often hurt, but i hope the Twinks get some value out of that trade.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Bally Sports North will carry Minnesota Twins games in the 2024 MLB season, which will be available for cable and streaming TV subscribers whose packages include BSN.
There will be no "direct-to-consumer" option for Twins games in 2024. Games will not be shown on Bally Sports Plus, nor will a separate option be made available this season for fans who want to stream Twins games and Twins games alone.
Out-of-market fans who are outside of the blackout areas will still be able to stream Twins games via MLB.TV or MLB Extra Innings.

OK, since I don't have cable it will be radio only I guess.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Twins sign Santana (yawn) to play first base / DH on a 1 year 5.25 million dollar deal.

I couldn't have been less impressed had they signed Iowaboy or Glenn to a starters spot.

Pitchers & catchers report in a couple of weeks.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I'll have you know I was one hellofa batboy in my day! :coffee: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Santana has a good glove & hits lefties pretty well, so I think he might be a good backup for Kirilloff at 1st. He might even be able to teach him how to cover the double down the line. :rolleyes: Only other options was probably going to be Miranda, or trying Julien or Farmer over there. He'll see a fair amount of time at DH too, IMO.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
This is my opinion only.

If healthy Kirilloff needs to play first. Twins need to know what they have there. DH opportunities will be limited because of Buxton. Even healthy I don't think the Twins trot him out to centerfield more than a 100 games.

In my mind it was a waste of $5 million spent only to mollify the fans, not to address a real need.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Kirilloff has never played in 90 games or had 290 ABs in a MLB season either so they could be worried about him being able to play everyday too. :scratch: They lost a lot of pitching when Gray & Maeda both left & I was hoping they would sign another good starter to eat some of those innings. Also read where Seattle was asking about Kepler during the Polanco trade too. :confused: The 1st preseason game is < 3 weeks away, 2/24.
« Last Edit: February 02/05/24, 10:26:39 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Kepler will be another great storyline for the season:  Will the Twins get the "finally figured it out Kepler" or the "regressed back to his career average Kepler."  I think the numbers indicated it made sense to roll the dice one more year.  Time will tell.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ft. Myers will start getting busy tomorrow as the pitchers & catchers are due to report to camp.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bonk: Forgot to mention that Nick Gordon was traded on Sunday to the Marlins. He's expected to mainly backup their everyday centerfielder, along with some LF, & to spell Arraez at 2nd some too. The Twins got Steven Okert a veteran lefthanded reliever in return. :cool: He's mainly a sinker/slider guy & is under team control for 3 more seasons. :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/14/24, 07:06:47 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
ESPN had the 1st preseason game of the year on yday PM. It was the Dodgers & Padres though so I didn't tune in. ;) :smiley: There's 4 games slated for today but only 1 is televised, the same matchup as yday. It looks like everybody plays on Saturday but it doesn't look like any of them will be on TV. :scratch:
« Last Edit: February 02/23/24, 10:16:18 AM by Gunner55 »