Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 100 square feet.  (Read 1106 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I was looking at properties in our county that are up for sale due to tax forfeiture. I saw an interesting little chunk of land that didn't sell at auction so you could, as I understand, just buy the property.
      The property is 100 sq. ft. That's 10' x10'x10'x10'. It's completely surrounded by residential property. No way to get to it. It's within a city limits. You could buy it for $100.
      What could you do with that?
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
neighborhood outhouse!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Maybe a community Sauna  :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
nudist colony!!!!!!! :sleazy: :shocked: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Its not a matter of what could yu do with it. Its a future investment. Years from now some one would wont for some kinda improvement and bing yu just multiplied exponentialy
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
odd none of the current landowners didnt scarf it up???? :bonk: for a simple hundy??????

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is there a legal access to the property.  That is mandatory some places.  May not be able to be sold with no access.  Would be interesting to know.  You could buy it and sit on it till someone else really needs it and make a killing.  LOL  :confused:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Is there a legal access to the property.  That is mandatory some places.  May not be able to be sold with no access.  Would be interesting to know.  You could buy it and sit on it till someone else really needs it and make a killing.  LOL  :confused:
I didn't do any research in to the access issue. It looks like one of the neighbors is keeping it mowed and using it.
No reason for one of them to buy it if they can use it for free. I can't imagine what the taxes would be. Just for giggles, I may call next week just to see. It's in one of those small, dieing towns.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, i think there are legit squatters laws that says if u use/maintain a chunk of property for a period of time, and no one ever says anything, you can just file to claim it.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea not sure about that SteveO, that guy in Wisconsin that offered up his private land to us had a big legal dispute about property lines. His neighbor  claimed eminent domain and lost. And he calls his neighbor  scumbag!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, the courts decide, but there are laws on the books to argue about.

I know of another case in WI where a road was made by someone, used by everyone, for many, many years, that was never put on the county books.

Years later the property owner who inherited a parcel of land had it surveryed and found out the road cut the corner of his property.  I don't recall who wanted what from whom and I never heard how that one turned out, but eminent domain was in play somehow.

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
For a $100? Heck yeah buy it! I’d look at the neighboring properties and see what their outbuildings look like. If someone wanted to expand, that 10’ area might be worth something to them down the road.

Then again, you’d probably have taxes and insurance…never mind. Lol.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, the courts decide, but there are laws on the books to argue about.

I know of another case in WI where a road was made by someone, used by everyone, for many, many years, that was never put on the county books.

Years later the property owner who inherited a parcel of land had it surveryed and found out the road cut the corner of his property.  I don't recall who wanted what from whom and I never heard how that one turned out, but eminent domain was in play somehow.
Same thing at the cabin Steve-o,  the road thru the woods to the other end of the lake was in place for decades , until it was inherited then it was moved.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Man Cave!  :woot: :woot:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
      I was looking at properties in our county that are up for sale due to tax forfeiture. I saw an interesting little chunk of land that didn't sell at auction so you could, as I understand, just buy the property.
      The property is 100 sq. ft. That's 10' x10'x10'x10'. It's completely surrounded by residential property. No way to get to it. It's within a city limits. You could buy it for $100.
      What could you do with that?
This has got to be a joke, unless it's the guy that surveyed the "Lost 40"   :scratch:  :bs:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I had wondered if someone somewhere didn't measure right or if it was some type of clerical error.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Leech, I thought the same thing about The Lost 40. When that land was subdivided somebody must have screwed up to leave an adjacent little chunk like that not attached to one of the other properties.
As far as squatters rights, more properly called adverse possession or abandonment, it’s not always as easy as just paying back taxes. I bought my first house on a fairly rural area. In a couple years, the neighboring landowners decided to develop lots. I wasn’t happy because of losing the wide open spaces, but also because it was going to cost a lot of money for road, water and sewer to be brought in. I found out that they had not paid all of their property taxes. I talked to the county, and they told me the current owners would be contacted and given the chance to bring the taxes up to date.
I also had an experience where some distant cousins, most of whom I had never met tried to get sole possession  of some property that I had an interest in, by claiming it had been abandoned. Long story, but their claim didn’t hold water. Crooks.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen crap like that too fishwidow...   sad too....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A buddy of mine bought a 50 x 50' piece of land from the county years ago that was a triangle piece across from the state park.  Got is real cheap and kept it  mowed for years.  I think he still has it.  Kind of a joke actually but gives him something to talk about.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We got to the lake 1 Spring, mid to late 80's, only to find a not so nice note on the door sayin 1 of our out buildings was on the south neighbor's property. Come to find out, the resort nextdoor had changed hands & the previous owners had sold off the wooded lot between us to 1 of their relatives. It turned out that we weren't very far across the property line & had been there so long that we were grandfathered in. So, they built their new place only to find that when they went to put in a driveway the county won't let them because they didn't have enough frontage at the road. :doah: It ended with us trading 60' at the road for 30' at the lake with 'em.
« Last Edit: December 12/09/23, 10:59:10 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Just for giggles, I did call the county on this property. As it turns out, you can indeed just walk in and buy the property. The expert there told me she tells people who call about it (guess I'm not the only guy who's called about it) that there is no access to it.
      No one knows if it is a clerical error, recording error or a measuring error. So, if you're looking for a one hundred square foot chunk of land you can't use but want to be liable for, I can give you the details. After all fees, it's less than $200.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess you could turn it into a drone landing pad.   :bonk:   But that's about it.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
guess I'll pass on it...      :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I’d buy it, put something ugly on it (maybe some Biden signs) pizz the neighbors off, than list it for sale for $5k. 🤣🤣
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner