Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2024 gardens  (Read 20450 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Could it be your tone?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Could it be your tone?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: could be the slurred words too! :sleazy: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I've been cutting back slowly on my farming over the years. I used to have milkers, dropped down to beef, then went to hogs... and lastly chickens. Now I just sell hay....

Maybe once I retire, I might start back up to keep me busy.... But, as Dotch can attest... it's a lot of work, and not much gratification.  ;)
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you HD. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Amen HD. Am hoping the young 4-H lady's family will be able to get a building built before fall so they can get 10 ewes from us. It would cut our brood ewe flock by 1/3. We are letting them go for cheap even tho there's a lot of high powered breeding there, not to mention all the work the past 37 years. Can't keep this up forever & they would go to a good home.

Got some action photos of the garden tonite. Water running out of the side hill thru the string beans & sweet corn. Ugly peppers altho the 'maters that haven't turned yellow, yet. Stabbed in some early zucchini where they didn't come & filled in one hill of cukes I might've missed Monday. All the other hills have cuke seedlings coming up in them. Tomorrow I'll stab in some string beans & see if they'll grow where they're missing. Gotta keep trying. :bonk:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gonna snip off all the cruddy looking yellow leaves of the maters today. i dont just let them lay in the garden anymore, i'll toss them in the yard waste bin. dont really know whats causing it so i dont want it left in the garden. it seemed to help the last few years i started getting them out of the garden.

also gonna snip the low branches......seems to help with the plants not getting blight!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's coming along considering. :happy1: pulled the lettuce and spinach today, getting  bitter.