Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: I quit chewing yesterday  (Read 11213 times)

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
YOU CAN DO IT!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

PAT PAT, HE'S OUR MAN,
IF HE CANT DO IT,
NO ONE CAN!!!!!!!

....See now you have to do it...I wore my cheerleading outfit and everything for that one!!

Wer'e all cheering for ya Spin!!!

:dancinred: gg

Cheerleading and no pics?? We want pics!
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
If I/We find out that you have relapsed your out. No more MNO for you. You will be asked kindly to leave....... :fudd:

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
PICTURES???  HA HA, your a funny guy!!

Keep at it Spin...remember the story of "The Little Engine That Could"..

I think I can...I think I can....I think I can...

If you believe it, it will happen!!

Plus, now you have to quit, otherwise were all going to think your a big LOOSER!!!!  :rotflmao: And don't think that we won't be giving you a hard time...daily!! J/K, but we are all here for you, your whole own MNO Support Group, what else could a guy ask for!!

Stick with it!

gg  :dancinred:

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
 :popcorn: Just ate lunch. Here we go again.  :banghead: I'll make it though.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Pat, how are ya doing?

I quit cold turkey 5 years ago, (mine was cope, then cope long cut, 20 years)

It is tuff, but, man, well worth it!

I tried the seeds and the gum......ALL YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER !!!!! IT"S ALL IN YOUR MIND !!!!!

Think of different things, keep your mind occupied........IT'S THE ONLY WAY!

You can do it.....it's not that tuff.....keep your eyes on the prize! YOUR LIFE!

You want to be around for your kid right? You wanna make sure he's raised right?
Hard to do when your six feet under.....

Words of wisdom.........
Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Oh, I forgot to add, the pic I have for my avatar......That's my grandfather....he died of throat cancer........due to years of chewing..............that's why I quit.......

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Right on Hunter, thats exactly the type of things that will help me.

Actually, I was doing fine for most of the afternoom, better than yesterday, now I ate again and have the urge. It will go away soon though.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
The answer to your problem is obvious.....quit EATING!  That way you won't have any more urges after meals! Simple logic!  Sheesh!!!!! :rotflmao:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I wish you all the strength a man can muster. It is so easy to sneak a little and be back into the habit full blown. DONT DO IT. When you think about it I wonder how a man can be so dependant or actually powerless over snuff or cigarettes for that matter. It is sad to have to wonder if you will survive a plane ride or an extended period of time in a place where you cannot use. BE STRONG. I have not heard of or found anything that benefits a body from the use of nicotine have you?  Keep it up Pat. You may have stopped at the right time. The next dip that you would have placed in your mouth could have been the one that caused the cancer that the surgeon tried to remove because you wanted to live to be able to take your son fishing again. That surgery may have left you slobbering without a jaw and a facemask if you dared to go out in public. When the cravings pass you will be a stronger and most definately happier man. Hopefully an adored Grandpa someday. I wish I could practice what I preach. Be done with that you know what.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Way to go Pat, I quit chewing to, dern gum kept pull the plates lose.lol
Hang in there pat we're proud of you.

Offline Finlander

• Outdoorsman
You can do it! I wish you luck and success .

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I wish you all the strength a man can muster. It is so easy to sneak a little and be back into the habit full blown. DONT DO IT. When you think about it I wonder how a man can be so dependant or actually powerless over snuff or cigarettes for that matter. It is sad to have to wonder if you will survive a plane ride or an extended period of time in a place where you cannot use. BE STRONG. I have not heard of or found anything that benefits a body from the use of nicotine have you?  Keep it up Pat. You may have stopped at the right time. The next dip that you would have placed in your mouth could have been the one that caused the cancer that the surgeon tried to remove because you wanted to live to be able to take your son fishing again. That surgery may have left you slobbering without a jaw and a facemask if you dared to go out in public. When the cravings pass you will be a stronger and most definately happier man. Hopefully an adored Grandpa someday. I wish I could practice what I preach. Be done with that you know what.

Damn man....that there is some powerful stuff! And I agree wholeheartedly!  It baffled me how I could be addicted to something like a cigarette.  Why did I like to suck in smoke? Why did I like my mouth to taste like an ashtray?  Who knows?!!! I was dumb.  :censored:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club

Keep it up Pat, when you have your mind focused on the goal (to quit chewing) you can overcome anything! Remember that the cravings will start to fade in time as you continue to resist them! I'm proud of you for taking this step to better your health!  :happy1:
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Thanks again everyone, i came back to read this for the support. i've been doing good today and just a few minutes ago, it hit me bad. feeling very irritated right now.

:help:
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
lol Pat, So go outside and yell a few times

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Keep it up Pat. Like someone said earlier keep your mind occupied. It don't matter what you do just keep your mind on something else.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
way to go pat ! you got it ! just remember everytime you wanna pop in a chew ... look at your family , there all the support you need brother  :happy1:  but were here for you anyway  :toast:

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
well i am glad to see you have quit Pat, i haven't had a cigarette in 4 weeks but picked up chewing for the cravings. now i am having a hell of time stopping the chew. i am hoping after this weekend i will be done with all of it. The wife told me i had to or else with our first child coming in 17 days. So congrats to you Pat! :toast:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We gonna get an update?

:coffee:

Hunter

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I hate to say it but i did sneak a couple dips last night, nothing today though. I'm still trying and want to completly quit. I'm kicking myself for cheating though, it wasn't even that good because i felt so guilty.

Chew free all day today and actually its going well. I may think about some type of patch or something if it gets bad again. I'm determined to quit!

There you go, now it's open fire on me.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Dang Gummit!  Ya mean my speach didn't work?

(just might have to bring out the graphic pictures)    :rotflmao:

Keep trying! You can do it!

Hunter

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Dang Gummit!  Ya mean my speach didn't work?

(just might have to bring out the graphic pictures)    :rotflmao:

Keep trying! You can do it!

Hunter

Your right though. I know i can do it. I just wanted to be honest with you all before it possibly got out of hand.

I started chewing in 1986 and i'm trying to quit cold turkey....... Might have to get some real help.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Chet

• Minnow
This good news! That's expensive stuff and a good habit to have behind you. My dad quit cold turkey and it helped him to brush his teeth often and chew peppermint gum. The first week was'nt good but after that he said it was a breeze.
There are patches too. Good luck, you can do this!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I hate to say it but i did sneak a couple dips last night, nothing today though. I'm still trying and want to completly quit. I'm kicking myself for cheating though, it wasn't even that good because i felt so guilty.

Chew free all day today and actually its going well. I may think about some type of patch or something if it gets bad again. I'm determined to quit!

No need to open fire-you know what you did "wrong", and you know what to do to correct that!  Just don't give in-don't give up!  You CAN and will do this!    :happy1:

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
You are a weak minded person........

:whistling:

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake

Don't feel guilty.  The urges of tobacco are very hard to get away from.  Weaning youself off isn't bad and you're still on track so don't give up the good fight.  Now if you totally give up, we're sending Kermit over to whoop your butt.   :kermit:

Keep up the good  fight.

GRUTE  :dancinred:
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
How is it going???

:reporter;

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Pat...Pat...Pat ...Pat!  Disapointed in ya!  Come on man!  Aint gonna give ya no gipper speach, aint gonna tell ya how many years I chewed before goin cold turkey, aint gonna say think of the wife and kids... all tough love here man... just quit! :coffee:

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I'm actually doing pretty good this week, i have the same can from last weekend still. Nothing today and i only had 2 small dips yesterday.

I used to chew almost a can per day, now I'm down to about a can per week.

MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"