Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Team Blood Mobile  (Read 6359 times)

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Use this area to get to know your team members and keep tabs on eachother. Post reports, team name discussion, motivational speeches or whatever else you would like to use it for.   

Team Blood Mobile
jd mn/nd
MT
?????
« Last Edit: November 11/03/08, 04:20:38 PM by Don Mcgruder »
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well since I can not figure out how to post pics I will have to explain the team name how ever a visual would have been helpful.

Last season as we were hauling the last two deer to the truck. My step son James says you know I should name my four wheeler "the Blood Mobile", it is his job to transport all animals back to the truck so that my 4 wheeler stays free of blood. It is kind of a funny site as there are usually two deer on the machine at one time, one on the front rack and one on the rear rack with a gangly 15 year old (or 14 year old last season) sandwiched in between two deer driving the machine. So hence the team name blood mobile. IF I can figure out how to attach a photo of the machine and deer I will do so.

Later JD

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey Don did you get MT added to my team he is a friend of mine I believe that he sent you a pm to add him to my team. I am just double checking.

Thanks JD

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I just got home and got him on here.  Now I'll put him on the scoreboard soon.

GRUTE

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks Don!!!

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well I managed to shoot one buck it was an 8 point main frame with a drop tine for #9 and an extra sticker at the base of the antler next to the skull I have not measured the drop tine as of yet since it was broken I know that it needs to be an inch to legally count as tine nor have I measured the sticker yet so for now it is an 8 pointer. I left a doe go as it was staring at my step son while he slept on the stand yesterday, she was so close that if she had gotten any closer to him she would have crawled up in the stand with him.

As for my partner MT he managed to shoot the one and only deer for their entire party it was a spike buck. Dropped it in it's tracks at 147 yards.

As for mine it was shot at about 30 yards with my 7mm rem mag he came out of a stand of aspens on the full run and stopped just 30 or so yards from my stand one shot one deer.

We will get pics posted up soon.

You know for all that smack that girlguide was laying down she sure is quite today, I wonder if she even got a deer?

Later JD

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
the  :queen: wont be back til the 17th i believe..  :queen2: but i am sure se will
have plenty of excuses... :rotflmao:

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Now that is FUNNY right there!!!! She must have taken off the entire deer hunting season so hopefully gets a big buck, Thanks Randy.

I kind of miss all that smack talk she puts out.

Later JD

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I think she needs all that time just to find the deer. But we will see when she gets back and takes a pictures with some one elses deer.
If today was perfect. There would be no need for tomorrow.

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey Don, MT's spike he shot was not a legal buck as it had have a doe tag put on it it only had 1.5" spikes on it. So legally it is a conservation deer.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Hey Don, MT's spike he shot was not a legal buck as it had have a doe tag put on it it only had 1.5" spikes on it. So legally it is a conservation deer.

:oops1:  Missed that one there.  Sorry guys.  I'll get his 100 points up here in a minute.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Grute   :bonk:

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Boy, the sh*t is getting deep in here!!  :bs:

And HAVE NO FEAR...YES, I DID SHOOT A DEER :happy1: (I have even passed on a few already)! AND, I'm NOT done hunting yet  :fudd: , I will be up here until Sunday, I do not have internet access at deer camp so you will just have to wait to hear about my deer and SEE my pictures then!!  ...making you nervous aren't I?  As well, you should be!! :woot:

Anyway, I just stopped in at my mom's house to take a shower, and then I'm back to our camp.

By the way, just to let you know, You guys need to step up your game....A LOT!!  :rotflmao:

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!! :whistling:

~gg  :queen2:

Here you can use this little guy for your next post...your gonna need him!! >>>> :surrender:

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well I wacked another one this morning at 8:40am it was a doe shot it on the run one shot dropped it in it's tracks with my trusty Ruger 7mm. So that makes two for me, one for MT so far the way I count that comes to 280 points so far. That is from a team of two!!!

Oh by the way GG I have got two more lisc, and I can still go buy two more if I needed to. Oh yah did I mention that I muzzelloader hunt as well. You better have your A game or your in deep trouble.

So as for checking in, let me see if I got this straight you went since last friday with out a shower? Oh man I thought I was smelling something foul in that north wind all weekend.

Well I hope that your having a good time and I am calling BS on the deer thing by the way :bs:

I am taking my pics today and will e-mail them to someone so that they can get posted as I can not figure out how to post pics on this site.

Oh by the way GG that was two shots, two deer so far, my dad used to call me the one shot wonder, because of my spectacular ability to make some awesome shots, so far to date was 780 yards on a 6 pointer last season. Prior to that it was only 625 yards, the two longest shots were done with my 7mm, however my 25-06 has made shots out to 500. Oh by the way you can call BS all you want but I have witnesses to every single long shot made.

Later JD

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well I had one of the best hunts of my life on Saturday evening!!! I took my 5 year old out with me in the cold and wind, what a trooper he was, he eat everything in site, and was very well behaved. Around 4:00pm I spotted two deer about 600 yards away, he sat and watched in his bino's while I watched in mine. He kept asking which one I was going to shoot? I told him that intended to shoot the doe first and probably leave the buck go since he was only a 4 pointer. They started to close the distance and at about 350 yards they started to make a move to go over the fence onto the neighbors land that we can not shoot onto. So I made the decision to whack the doe, one shot and down she went!! The buck turned the opposite direction and ran about 50 yards and stopped, yet another easy shot as he was broadside to us. My son looked up at me and said what are you waiting for dad? SHOOT HIM!!! I thought to my self how many times in my life am I going to have a chance to hunt with my son and take two deer? So I pulled back up and shot the buck he made a short dash and dropped. My son went crazy, he said dad that was sooo cool!!  I finally got to be with you when you shot a deer and then we get two that was awesome!!! We walked out and found both deer and drug them to areas that we would be able to easily locate them after shoot hours were over. My buddy came up afterwards and said did you shoot? Yup I said and we got two more so if I am counting right we are all tagged up. He said about time I am sick of this cold and wind. I had such a great time hunting with my son and being able to harvest two deer with him on stand with me. I hope that he enjoyed the hunt as much as I did but I hope that the memories will last him the rest of his life. By the way he sits on stand better than my 15 year old step son. I would take him on stand anytime he wanted to go.

Later JD

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
great read JD! thanks for sharing.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks Randy, I did send pics to Don on all four deer taken. One of the pics shows my 5 year old holding the larger buck. He is going to be my little hunting freak!!! Last spring for his fifth birthday he wanted to go to ND for a spring goose hunt so I obliged him, another great memory, was made. Can anyone guess what I named my son? It is so obvious it isn't even funny.

Later JD

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Thanks Randy, I did send pics to Don on all four deer taken. One of the pics shows my 5 year old holding the larger buck. He is going to be my little hunting freak!!! Last spring for his fifth birthday he wanted to go to ND for a spring goose hunt so I obliged him, another great memory, was made. Can anyone guess what I named my son? It is so obvious it isn't even funny.

Later JD

Hunter....maybe?  :scratch:

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You got it man!!!!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Well I had one of the best hunts of my life on Saturday evening!!! I took my 5 year old out with me in the cold and wind, what a trooper he was, he eat everything in site, and was very well behaved. Around 4:00pm I spotted two deer about 600 yards away, he sat and watched in his bino's while I watched in mine. He kept asking which one I was going to shoot? I told him that intended to shoot the doe first and probably leave the buck go since he was only a 4 pointer. They started to close the distance and at about 350 yards they started to make a move to go over the fence onto the neighbors land that we can not shoot onto. So I made the decision to whack the doe, one shot and down she went!! The buck turned the opposite direction and ran about 50 yards and stopped, yet another easy shot as he was broadside to us. My son looked up at me and said what are you waiting for dad? SHOOT HIM!!! I thought to my self how many times in my life am I going to have a chance to hunt with my son and take two deer? So I pulled back up and shot the buck he made a short dash and dropped. My son went crazy, he said dad that was sooo cool!!  I finally got to be with you when you shot a deer and then we get two that was awesome!!! We walked out and found both deer and drug them to areas that we would be able to easily locate them after shoot hours were over. My buddy came up afterwards and said did you shoot? Yup I said and we got two more so if I am counting right we are all tagged up. He said about time I am sick of this cold and wind. I had such a great time hunting with my son and being able to harvest two deer with him on stand with me. I hope that he enjoyed the hunt as much as I did but I hope that the memories will last him the rest of his life. By the way he sits on stand better than my 15 year old step son. I would take him on stand anytime he wanted to go.

Later JD

WOW that's a memory that will last both of you your life times.  Well here are the pics that JD send me:

Hmmm did someone have a little candy??   ;D

Buck and Doe combo punch:

11-13-08 doe: