Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: How about a Get Together this weekend?  (Read 7752 times)

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
So I was on a lake that had a pretty good pannie bite. I'm told the bite is really good around 3:30 or 4. I've seen crappies 12-14 inches and sunnies up to 10 inches out of this lake. I only fished it once a couple of days ago during a league and would love to get it fished in the evening. I'm giving my wife a break and taking my daughters (3 & 11) out this Saturday. I thought it would be fun to get some of us together and head out. Bring your kids if you want, it should be fun action for them. I'll have the monster portable out. If anyone is interested, reply or PM me. I don't want the lake to get more pounded then it does so I don't want to post the name unless there is a lot of interest in it. It is west of the cities a little ways, I would say about an hour from St. Paul.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I may be interested. I work youth hockey part-time and we have a tourney this weekend. I put my name down for Saturday and will not know if i'm working morning or evening until tomorrow night. If I dont get scheduled I would love to come along and give my daughter the chance to catch a fish through the ice. She is almost 4. Get back to you tomorrow eve/night.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I gotta do taxes on Saturday ................  :cry:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a good weekend for me either.  If we want to try to get a Get together set up again, let's push it a little further out.  That way there's a bigger and better turn out.  Just an idea.
walleyes, pannies, esox, cats, I don't care, let's go fishing!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I really like the idea of the lake being west on the cities.  I and my 3 year old girl should be able to make it.  If we set it up for a later date I would also be willing to drive maybe another dad and son/daughter with me at no charge, just the company.  I think if the lake is west of the cities maybe a few of us living out west would be more ap to join in the festivities.

P.S. Tim my daughter still has the bobbers you gave her last year.  She has it on her Barbie pole and it the only one she will use in the summer.  Thanks
« Last Edit: February 02/02/09, 08:29:57 PM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
P.S. Tim my daughter still has the bobbers you gave her last year.  She has it on her Barbie pole and it the only one she will use in the summer.  Thanks

Your Welcome!

I hope we can all make it. I'm sure our daughters - the same age - would love to meet each other. Not sure about your daughter but mine loves other kids!

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
Which lake are you talking about?  I could probably make it.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I'm thinking there is a good chance I could make it. Pm me with the lake information. Good idea.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
My son's first birthday is this weekend.... Is he too young to tag along?
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
My son's first birthday is this weekend.... Is he too young to tag along?

he's never too young to tag along!  My son was tagging along with me musky fishing at a month old!
walleyes, pannies, esox, cats, I don't care, let's go fishing!!

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I wouldn't bring my kids out until they were big enough not to fall through a hole.

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
I wouldn't bring my kids out until they were big enough not to fall through a hole.
In this case can I request that nobody bring an auger bigger than 7".

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I am going to be limited to my hand auger then.  I guess you could always tie a rope to him.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
It's up to you if you want to bring him JC. If you want to bring him out, feel free. I think he would be fine as long as you are watching him. I wouldn't let a midget that age go running around too much with holes on the ice. I was out Saturday and saw some open 10" holes around, that could be bad for a 1 year old. I have a three year old and I'll be watching her close.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I would be up for it.  We were already planning on fishing this weekend with the forcast saying that it was going to be much warmer than right now.  I have 4 kids (11,9,8,8) 2 boys and 2 girls.  I don't know if all will come with but the girls have really been after me to take them out for crappies.  I live in the west metro, so this is really great for the kids and myself.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline JoeFisherman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm interested.  We were planning to get out on Saturday anyway.  PM me with the details if it's still on.

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline sunk1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • member #536
i' interested, what lake?

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Wow, didn't expect this great of response with sunch short notice!!  :happy1:

Well, so I don't have to PM everyone back and forth, how about I just post it all on here and if there's any questions we can go from there?

I'm talking about Pelican Lake out in Albertville. It's a decent lake. I fished it last Saturday during the day and did OK with decent sized crappies and a few nice sunnies. I was told by others in the contest that the action really heats up at 3:30 or 4 and it gets pretty insane with the bite. I can't guarentee you are going to catch a ton of fish, but you should get some nice fish out of it and if the action is anything like I've been told with the size I've seen, it should make for a great night with the kids and all of us.

I would like to meet at the landing at 2:30 so we can get our spot and be all setup by 3:30 and ready for the fish. I can give out my cell and have ya call me if you are going to run late so I can meet you at the ramp and pick you up.

It's really easy to get to. Take 94 west to Albertville and take the Hwy 37 exit. Take a left onto hwy 37. Follow that a ways through town. You will see the lake on your left. Look for 117 on the north end of the lake. Take a left on 117 and follow that till you see the ramp on the left (I over shot it my first time there so don't feel bad).

Let me know whatcha all think. I hope to see you guys out there and some kids too. It should be a blast. Even if the bite isn't what I'm told (but was told this by a lot of guys) we'll have a good time with the kids.

Offline 101PROOF

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have no kids but ice fishing rocks :woot:

How is the lake for driving? Can I bring my fish house on wheels with out getting stuck or best just to bring the 4 wheeler and portable?

PM me the lake and details

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Don't have to have kids to come for sure. There is over 30" of ice and houses all over the lake. Up to you if you wanna bring the big house or just a portable. I drove my truck around on it with no problems at all.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
A lot of interest!! I should have my schedule in a few hours...... :reporter;

My luck i'll be on Saturday evening...  :cry:

Offline 101PROOF

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I will be out there and see you at the landing :fishing2:

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
This is looking great for a spur of the moment GTG!! Glad to see it. So with the amount that's looking to show up, should we plan on doing some cooking or do we just wanna fish and get out of there. Also, how are we set for houses? My monster house will have my two daughters and I in it. That takes up the three holes in the trailer. I still have 10x10 feet of ice that can be use so 100 sq feet. A buddy of mine might be out and use one hole, but there is still room for more.

I'm planning on going on the south end and there is a ridge there. It's safe for vehicles, but you need to keep close to the shore before you get to the houses.

I'm thinkin' of getting there about 2:30 and will go out to the spot. Do you all wanna meet at the landing at 2:30 or 3? Whatever works best.

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
I won't be able to make it. I fished the exact spot you are talking about a couple weekends back. A guy fishing maybe 10 feet from my house was catching crappies and I wasn't... :scratch: I have caught some HUGE sunnies out there in years past, but not lately. Still some nice sunnies but nothing like the "paper plates" we pulled out before. Good luck to everyone!

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
So how about a head count of who's planning on coming? I'll be at the landing around 2:30 and wait till 2:45 or 3 depending on what time you all want to meet. I have a white durango with fishing decals on it and a brown trailer with a canvas (trust me, hard to miss).

Talked with guys at Thorne Brothers today and they said they are still hitting after 3 PM. Blood Red diamond jigs and gold fat boys are working great tipped with euro larva.

Offline 101PROOF

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I will be there Sandmannd.
I have a blue Jeep liberty with a old trailer with home made sides. I could be out sooner but will meet you at the landing if I find it  :scratch:
Last year could not find the landing so just drove off the road onto the ice.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Sandmannd I'm going to have to back out. Sorry and thanks for pulling this together.
I have a conflict in the afternoon. Best of luck to everyone.

I hope to be at the next outing.
Doug

Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I will be there for sure.  Not sure about how many kids.  My neighbor might also come.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )