Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: frustrated  (Read 3664 times)

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I was talking to a guy at work who recently got back from a trip to Lake of the woods. he told me they caught like 60 fish the first day 30 the next and some more the third. I asked any big fish he replied no like 19 inches. I thought sounds like fun so he keeps telling me about his trip and by the end of the story I realize he kept ALL these fish! And he laughed when he explained we were over our limit on the way home. Some day i would like to be able to tale my kids on a memorable trip like LOTW but if people like this keep doing what they do the walleye on LOTW may become the next Red lake crappie, a thing of legend.
This is also the same person who brags about hunting in their deer stand till 9 or 10 at night and how you see alot more deer after the sun goes down.
 i realize LOTW will never really run out of walleye but man what a jerk to think it is ok to do something like this. How many people actually do this, I bet it is alot more than i think. Just had to rant I guess. I didnt want to say anything to him because well i have to work with him quite a bit and dont need that tension at work.

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
call TIP and let them handle it. 
walleyes, pannies, esox, cats, I don't care, let's go fishing!!

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I agree, call TIP or your CEO and let them know. I would bet he has more than a limit in his freezer. I would also bet you aren't the only one he told about his so he would have no way of knowing you called it in. Folks like that make me sick :puke:. Would bringing home five 19" fish not be enough for you? I've had days on the river like that and only kept a couple. 19" is the perfect size and you don't need more than a couple to make a good meal. I woulda had a hard time not  training-087 the  :censored: out of him.

Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
don't know what the CEO could have done, as him being over the limit on fish isn't really job related, but calling TIP SHOULD BE CALLED!!!!  If you let him slide at this, you're just telling him that it's okay to be over the limit on fish.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I have been a member of TIP for 10 years give me the info and I will get it investigated for you
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been a member of TIP for 10 years give me the info and I will get it investigated for you

great! 

I'm not a member of TIP, but do know a few CO's personally (have a LT on speed dial), so I, too, might be able to get something started.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I'd be calling TIP also.  this just gives fishermen a bad name.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I was not sure if calling tip would do any good since I have very little factual evidence. truthfully all i have is a name and a story. Not even sure where he lives.

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
Call TIP.  Give them the story he told you and his name.  Let them decide what to do from there.  You can stay anonymous (sp?)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
calling tip i dont think will help much. now im not tryin to say wat he did was right. but what if he lied about the whole thing? how many ppl were in the group? did he show you pictures of all the fish? did he show you his freezer? when did the trip take place? are you the only one he told the story to? how anonymous can ya be if your the only one who know... these are all things to take into consideration.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Call TIP and let them follow up on it, if it just a story then all that happens is the guys gets embarrassed, if it is true it should be acted on.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
calling tip i dont think will help much. now im not tryin to say wat he did was right. but what if he lied about the whole thing? how many ppl were in the group? did he show you pictures of all the fish? did he show you his freezer? when did the trip take place? are you the only one he told the story to? how anonymous can ya be if your the only one who know... these are all things to take into consideration.

I would still say to call and leave it up to them. If he lied, they wasted a little time following up. If he's telling the truth, you helped bust a poacher. Either way, I would feel good about calling it in.

I meant to call either TIP or a CO, not CEO, sorry.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
I will second you sandman that it would be very difficult not to choke that SOB. If he stated that he was over his limit, that's plenty for TIP to check out. I would have to call it in, I would have a guilty conscience just hearing it.
Keep us updated, I'd like to hear where you go from this.
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'd be call'in........wouldn't even think about it!

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline boomer.6

• Outdoorsman
Call TIP that's what they are there for!!!

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd be call'in........wouldn't even think about it!

Hunter

I second that.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
I was not sure if calling tip would do any good since I have very little factual evidence. truthfully all i have is a name and a story. Not even sure where he lives.
They can actually search his freezer I think? or make him prove he has nothing over the limits of any specie.
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
On a TIP Call, I believe there can be a warrant issued and search his home without any problem...