Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 1st annual MNO Spring Sporting Clays Fun Shoot  (Read 13284 times)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
This fun shoot will take place on Saturday April 18th. At Wild Marsh Sporting Clays in Clear Lake Mn..its open to all Mno member as well as there family and friends. This is for fun so no prizes are awarded. Come meet fellow MNO members and enjoy a fun day of shooting. At the end of the day you can relax and enjoy a burger and a soft drink with the other MNO members and brag about past hunting experiences or talk about the upcoming hunting season. all shooters are welcome.

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sounds like a lot of fun. Great way to meet new people too.  I went to the one we had on the ice last year and it was a blast. Hope we have a good turn out.
« Last Edit: March 03/17/09, 08:53:04 PM by Pegg »
If today was perfect. There would be no need for tomorrow.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bump: there has to be more interest in this come on people.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Count me in of course Cody.... Wouldnt this one be the 2nd annual?  Or do ya have to repeat it once before it becomes annual? :scratch: Come on MNO folks, we did this last year & had a pretty good turnout for the first one.  Met some MNO guys that I didnt the winter before on Peltier... I think it'd be more than fair to say everyone had a great time, and I think we got some guys hooked on sporting clays that had only shot skeet & trap before.... This is all about having fun & trying something new if ya havent before...  Its alot of fun!   :happy1:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
nope this is the first !st annual spring sporting clay fun shoot. and the one in august will be the 2nd annual summer sporting clays fun shoot

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Ahhhh.... I got it now... twice a year, twice the fun!!!   :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'll be there.  Mayber we won't have sirens and tornados this time.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
I may be able to make it. I would love to go and it's not too far from home. i'll let you know when it gets closer. Great Idea!
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline antlermass

• Outdoorsman
Oh I'm sure this would be a blast! It got my little heart a pumping until I realized we already have that day on the calendar blocked off for other reasons. :cry:

I sure would want to join the fun, but unfortunately we won't be able to.... Hopefully Next time!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
good one deadeye lol ya last years weather was a bit crazy..... dont worry antlermass there will be another one in august...

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah Deadeye.... That was kind of wicked seein all the damage driving home last year, just a few minutes after all them sirens... Wild Marsh needs a shelter, or at least a brick out house to hole up in for stuff like that!  That clubhouse wouldnt be standing if a twister came anywhere near the place...   HEY!!!  COME ON GUYS!  I know everyones gettin psyched for gettin out on the lakes, but theres gotta be more than a handful of folks out there that could use some wingshooting practice, who havent tried sporting clays and will need a nice afternoon away from the yardwork they'll be doin around mid-april!  You'll have a blast... and some food to boot! :happy1:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
we will be shooting 2 rounds of 50 clays, on the course. i think the cost is 18 dollars per 50 clays. theres also 5 stand to warm up on and maybe a competition or 2 between a couple of mno members. come on people this is really alot of fun!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
(see if this gets some other guys to join us)  Hey Tim, Ken, John, Spin.... Cody told me he can out shoot all ya guys... said he'd even front you guys a few targets!  ;D  I told him not to be so sure, but he seems reeaaly confident! :rotflmao:  Cody, I was thinkin maybe we should get a few prizes for a name in a hat drawing... MNO hats/decals, Wild Marsh stuff... I can see about some Quail Forever stuff, might get some more folks interested if the food aint enough

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
OK.... Cody didnt so much say that as I know he thinks that... :whistling:.... well actually I dont know he thinks that, but I think he would like to kick our backsides (mine included ;D) so come on you scattergun weilding MNO members.... are we gonna let him think he is able to? :rotflmao: I better shut up... I am sure I ticked Cody off enough :taz: training-087 for him to be practicing like an olympian clay shooter so he DOES kick my sorry behind. :surrender:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bump: :bump: there has to be more people interested in this.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like we have enough for a squad so far.... but there has to be more than a half dozen folks here that want to get outside in the woods, walk around & get some good practice shooting clays, eat some food & meet some MNO people... (and beat Cody  ;)) right? :scratch: Aint none of ya suffering from cabin fever like me? :taz: I wanna get outside & have a bit o' fun! :happy1:

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
If the "better half" says Yes, count me in!!!!
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
There we go! :happy1:  Be a good boy... she'll let ya go.... I know some guys that have been quiet on here, on this, that I KNOW could use at least as much work on their scatter-gun prowess as I do... Im not naming names... Yet.  But I will if I have to... :rotflmao:

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked the family calendar and it might be a long shot to attend.  My boy turns a big 4 yrs. old   :happybday: on the 19th, but we'll see. 

Any further details we should know about?  Time? Cost? Do's and Don'ts?  :happy1:

Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
meet in wild marsh parking lot at 10am...cost i dont know for sure i think its 18.50 per 50 rounds and  plan on doing 2 rounds. you must have eye protection and ear plugs. you can only have 2 shells in your gun at a time. when traveling from station to station your gun must be on safety with the action open. shot size is from 7 to 8 shot.

also any voulenteers(SP) on bringing anything. i will be bringing the burgers. i will alsoo have some pop and water in a cooler. anyone want to bring burger buns,chips, ketchup and mustard?

any volunteers to cook?
« Last Edit: April 04/01/09, 05:52:49 PM by Cody Gruchow »

Offline outdoorsman388

• Outdoorsman
i'm in if there isn't something else going on and i don't think there is. had a blast the last time. :fudd:
NOTICE: Due to the rising cost of ammunition, I will no longer be firing warning shots!

Offline huntr42

• Outdoorsman
well OK Ill come just to try to keep up with Cody da (clay)bird killer.I spose I could do up some beans again unless someone else wants to do them this year.let me know

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
There's two of em... ;)  Ok, how bouts the rest of yaz?  Cody, I'll get the Ketchup, mustard etc., just remind me... Im pretty good at forgetting stuff like this... no hunter, ya did a great job with em last year! :chef:  No reprocussions either!?! What did ya have in em? ;D  Big Red... just a bit older & he could come along & kick our behinds all over the course...  :happy1:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
hunter the beans were awesome last year! so if you would like to do them again this year by all means, im sure everyone will enjoy them just as much, :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline KTapper

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sounds like fun. Its just a little far of a drive for me.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Where ya comming from? Maybe do a little carpooling (truck pooling?) or talk a friend into going & split gas $... Is there a MNO shuttle bus to use for stuff like this? :scratch:  Yep its a blast, worth every penny spent... and its about an hour drive for me....

Offline KTapper

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I would be coming from Mankato or Rosemount.

Offline PDOGG

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Bummer :cry:  If I wasn't chasing BIG ugly sturgeon that weekend I'd run up there with Tapper and shoot a few holes in the sky.  Haven't shot since the end of December!!