Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Pan fish line  (Read 1433 times)

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 What size line do you guys prefer for ice fishing panfish? Last year I was fishing with 2lb test and it seems like I was always breaking line and losing hooks. Iwas thinking of going to 3 or 4 lb test this year. Do you think this will hurt catching fish sucess?

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I always go 2 lb line and just set your drag. I do use about an 18" leader line on a swivle made out of Vanish. I just love that stuff and it ups my bites for sure.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
3 for me. and do the drag thing.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I spool with 4, just cause the places I fish for pannies...I catch pike at the same time.
Even on waxies and grubbs.

I use a light rod, (mostly noodle poles) and set the drag.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline KTapper

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
2# fireline for me.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
2-6# fireline crystal or 2-4 lb gamma flourocarbon. If you are fishing clear water use a flouro leader ,usually a few feet long or so. Most of the time i'm using 4#fireline crystal tied straight to a custom jigs and spins lure! It's spooled on a HT reel and rigged onto a St.croix Legend rod . Best set up i've ever used!(also most expensive )
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!