Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 200 pound cougar videoed in Champlin by police  (Read 4275 times)

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
oh oh oh can i be the one to put it down!  :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: ;D

Offline MNBucKKiller

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
oh oh oh can i be the one to put it down!  :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: ;D

what!?!?! you gotta be kidding

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman

You better hurry, I have my tree stand set up and I just picked up a pair of night vision goggles  :happy1: 

:fudd:  Haha! Im thinking it will be shot soon!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
It cant be a cougar... the DNR says we dont have any in MN..... :whistling:  What do they mean by "a cougar on the loose"?  :doah: Arent they wild animals?   :scratch: Im still waiting for the ole "it must have wandered over from the black hills"... OR "it must be a pet cougar that escaped".... :rotflmao:   WILD ANIMALS IN MINNESOTA!!!  RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!  Wait... there might be more critters in them hills!!! :taz: :taz: :taz: :rotflmao:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Cody.... get yourself a pygmy goat, and chain it to a tree (aka jurasic park)and sit in a tree stand up in Champlin and save the day! (and a bunch of puppies and joggers ;)) :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
To bad ya couldn't chain a couple tree huggers up eh?  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
quote author=MNBucKKiller link=topic=18719.msg135594#msg135594 date=1260225767]

what!?!?! you gotta be kidding
[/quote] No I am not kidding you.

Sign me up! No I am not kidding you. Are you kidding me?
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
That cat is going to end up in the Elm Creek Park Preserve and take down some tree huggers' fluffy little ankle biter that's wearing a plaid sweater    :cry:  I can't wait!!!!!!!

Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I lived in Montana for a while and although these animals were of concern, wolves and grizzlies were also on that list. Here in MN they make it sound like these things are walking killers that will kill any people in their path.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I lived in Montana for a while and although these animals were of concern, wolves and grizzlies were also on that list. Here in MN they make it sound like these things are walking killers that will kill any people in their path.

That would definitely make things more interesting if that was the case!   :scratch:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
hey hey hey you can only save one, the wolfs or the cougar but not both, so mnbuckkiller you choose

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I used to go to the Apple River every summer while in college.  Lots of Cougar sightings there.  They are attracted by beer, music, and big camp fires.........so I'm told  :whistling: :whistling:

P.S. Cougar mauling = not always bad  ;)
« Last Edit: December 12/07/09, 09:17:47 PM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I used to go to the Apple River every summer while in college.  Lots of Cougar sightings there.  They are attracted by beer, music, and big camp fires.........so I'm told  :whistling: :whistling:

P.S. Cougar mauling = not always bad  ;)

Haha   :rotflmao:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
They are all over out here in the Black Hills.  We have had a hunting season for Mt. Lions since 2005.

If one ventures into town, it is put down by SD Game, Fish and Parks.

http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=18604.0
« Last Edit: December 12/07/09, 09:42:30 PM by Dennis Servaty »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Remember Guys there are no cougars in Minnesota. If we get them wandering through the suburbs how many are in the country?
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline DroptineDC18

• Outdoorsman
The DNR in WI has been flooded with trail cam pics of cougars sent in by hunters in all parts of the state, and they keep denying it saying they are misidentified.  Some people I know very well have very clear pictures of them.  They are definitely here.  Some of you may not believe this but a warden stopped by to talk with my taxidermist in central Wisconsin and he brought up cougars.  The game warden actually told him that the cougars in Wisconsin were not native and that they "must have escaped from the circus." Can you believe that BS?  Last year a hunter treed one in Spooner, WI and the DNR didn't really believe it until the hunter said he was going to shoot it.  They showed up shortly thereafter.  Hmm...
"One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat." -Napoleon Hill

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
The DNR in WI has been flooded with trail cam pics of cougars sent in by hunters in all parts of the state, and they keep denying it saying they are misidentified.  Some people I know very well have very clear pictures of them.  They are definitely here.  Some of you may not believe this but a warden stopped by to talk with my taxidermist in central Wisconsin and he brought up cougars.  The game warden actually told him that the cougars in Wisconsin were not native and that they "must have escaped from the circus." Can you believe that BS?  Last year a hunter treed one in Spooner, WI and the DNR didn't really believe it until the hunter said he was going to shoot it.  They showed up shortly thereafter.  Hmm...

That's what a CO said when I talked to him.  He said "We don't have cats in the state so there are no laws, no seasons regarding them so if you shoot one, I can't do anything about it, we don't have cats". 

Some day when the stars align and the checkbook has a positive balance, I will head west for a cougar hunt.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
So now they say its on the move......

Cougar On The Move, Spotted Near Vadnais Heights
(WCCO)

A cougar spotted in the Twin Cities over the weekend appears to be on the move.

Monday night, the big cat was spotted in the Vadnais Heights area.

Someone called the Ramsey County Sheriff's office and said they saw the cougar northwest of Interstate 694 and Interstate 35E.

Officials headed to the area to see if they could find it, but no luck.

On Saturday morning, dash-cam video from a Champlin Police officer's car caught the cat on tape.

The cougar was spotted near East River Parkway.

People in the North Metro are asked to keep a close eye on their small pets in case the cougar wanders into their neighborhood.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
OK.... thats my neck of the woods.... Now Im scared! ;D  A buddy of mine said kenneled dogs often get dragged up and out of their kennels out west so beware! :taz:   

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
OK.... thats my neck of the woods.... Now Im scared! ;D  A buddy of mine said kenneled dogs often get dragged up and out of their kennels out west so beware! :taz:   

I know, my house is between those 2 points, I bet it walked through my back yard, we have about 300 acres of public woods behind our house, probably a perfect place for it!  :woot: