Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ok time to fess up everyone.  (Read 8728 times)

Online Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Ok let's fess up I know you guys are all tough outdoors men and women. Now some won't admit it, but let's do a gut check. If you reply to this post we'll know who the honest ones are here.

Assuming that you watch American Idle only because your spouse or sweetheart makes you. Who do you figure at this point looks to be the favorite to go all the way. This is to be based on singing ability only. Tonight Big Mike got the axe so who do you pick to win it all? Who would you pick?

I say  Crystal Bowersox to win. :happy1: :rocker;

:popcorn: :popcorn:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm only replying because it's a waste of prime TV.  I'd rather pull out nose hairs than watch Idol.   :blablabla:
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm only replying because it's a waste of prime TV.  I'd rather pull out nose hairs than watch Idol.   :blablabla:

Ditto :happy1:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
Is that show still on?

Offline MNBucKKiller

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I work 3-11 so I have no chance to watch it even if I wanted to

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I never thought I would see this thread here...... Oh Lee.... whats happened.  :reporter;

Online Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I never thought I would see this thread here...... Oh Lee.... whats happened.  :reporter;

Oh well I figured I'd try something :offtopic: for a change, but after the first few replies I can see no one will be willing to concede viewership at this point for fear of getting :fudd: down. I actually got the Idea from another well known outdoors site that had lots of replies on this topic. It's obvious that no one here is willing to get in touch with their feminine side for fear of ridicule. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I knew I should have chosen dancing with the stars instead.  :rotflmao:

PS. There goes all the extra points I've built up now. training-087

FYI: :whistling:
 :reporter;

Broadcast TV - United States
Week of March 29, 2010
Rank Program Network Rating Viewers (000)
1 DANCING WITH THE STARS ABC 14.4 22,966
2 AMERICAN IDOL-TUESDAY FOX 12.4 21,845
3 AMERICAN IDOL-WEDNESDAY FOX 11.7 20,492
4 DANCING W/STARS RESULTS ABC 9.3 14,280
5 CBS NCAA BSKBL CHAMP SA-2(S) CBS 9.2 15,823
6 CASTLE ABC 8.8 13,855
7 MENTALIST, THE CBS 8.7 14,114
8 CSI CBS 8.5 13,347
9 CBS NCAA BSKBL-BRIDGE(S) CBS 8.1 14,035
10 UNDERCOVER BOSS - SPECIAL(S) CBS 7.5 13,180

Source: The Nielsen Company. Viewing estimates on this page include Live viewing and DVR playback on the Same Day, defined as 3am-3am. Ratings are the percentage of TV homes in the U.S. tuned into television.

« Last Edit: April 04/08/10, 02:55:35 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Bowersox or The long haired guy will win.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Sorry Lee.....

I can't help you out. I know, I know....it's my job to help folks out when I can....

But, this has nothing to do with the outdoors, so please find some yuppy forum to ask them.  :rotflmao:

(Sorry Buddy)  ;D
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sorry Lee.....

I can't help you out. I know, I know....it's my job to help folks out when I can....

But, this has nothing to do with the outdoors, so please find some yuppy forum to ask them.  :rotflmao:

(Sorry Buddy)  ;D

I guess it's payback time. Now I'm an outdoor yuppy.  :doah:

What else could I expect from an Ozzy redneck.....   :toast:

:happy1: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/10, 07:15:05 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Never seen it, Never will.. :happy1:

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Online Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to BiggA for showing the courage to Man-Up and chime in on the ever popular American Idle topic. :help: By the way, I just found out from da wife that Big Mike was not booted last night since he got a last minute save from the judges.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Never seen it, Never will.. :happy1:

randy

Are you sure Randy?

Rumor has it that you recruited the wrestlers and the polka dancers from cable access tv and are trying to start your own version of american idol in your garage.... Any truth to that??

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Well.... There have been rumors. But I aint saying....

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
None of em Lee.... I think all of them are Karoke stars.... I actually feel sorry for the judges that have to sit and go thru what they do.... at then there are those "try-outs"..... :doah: :banghead:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I have cable, have never watched Idol other then the length of time it takes for the remote to move on while channel surfing. I will make the comment that it is a prime example of the lack of good TV out there to watch. It is far cheaper to roll out reality shows that cost nothing to make then put an effort into something to watch. If I want to hear someone sing I'll go to open mike night at the local bar   :reporter; and if I drink enough everyone sounds in tune.  :tequila;
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats exactly it Bobby... at least at the bar they tend to sound a little better after youve been there for a while... :whistling: sometimes... :doah: anyhoo... It can be really painful for me at times, I was never too hot at reading music, but had some ear training, and learned to play guitar that way... ya couldnt pay me enough to be a judge on "Idle"... I think those guys are underpaid no matter what the salary... Wasnt Simon(isnt that the name of the guy people hate on there? :scratch:) supposed to be leave when Paula Abdul was leaving?

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats exactly it Bobby... at least at the bar they tend to sound a little better after youve been there for a while... :whistling: sometimes... :doah: anyhoo... It can be really painful for me at times, I was never too hot at reading music, but had some ear training, and learned to play guitar that way... ya couldnt pay me enough to be a judge on "Idle"... I think those guys are underpaid no matter what the salary... Wasnt Simon(isnt that the name of the guy people hate on there? :scratch:) supposed to be leave when Paula Abdul was leaving?

I wouldnt mind $10 million to listen to  :censored: music.  I can suck it up for a couple months for a fat check. 
I will man up and say I have watched Idol a few times but not by choice  :drinking:.... I cant tell you who is on the show right now.  I remember Carrie Underwood for her amazingly good looks and the fact she is a popoular country singer now.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I watched it at the beginning of the show... Carrie Underwood was about the best I saw on there.... the talent has gone quickly downhill shortly after.... I'll catch the first wave to see if there's anyone better than your average karoke talent and then go listen to some actual bands music to remember what it can sound like with a little real talent added.... ;D

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I watch very little American Idle anymore but agree, there has been some very good talent from time to time. Carrie Underwood was/is good although I'm not a big country and western fan. Sometimes wonder what they're hearing or seeing that I don't. Dancing With the Stars is another story. The little fat buddies have formed an "Edyta Fan Club". We live for wardrobe malfunctions.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

WELL.....WELL!  It seems as though the guys in the last few posts have decided to fess up and show signs of honesty and lack fear of reprisal from others. :bow:

This may become even more interesting when the night shift signs in.  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/10, 02:30:27 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
You know what would make me watch it more?  If the people actually wrote their songs/lyrics.... then you wouldnt be just a voice "trying" to do other peoples tunes.... takes alot more talent to do the whole package, and there are alot of really talented songwriters out there trying to make it.... what always throws me for a loop is there are alot of people that have really good voices, so why cant "Idle" find those people? :scratch: Have you guys ever seen the try-out shows? :doah:  Im pretty convinced people like watching bad talent so we feel better about ourselves.... or at least thats what the TV executives think we want.....

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations

WELL.....WELL!  It seems as though the guys in the last few posts have decided to fess up and show signs of honesty and lack fear of reprisal from others. :bow:

This may become even more interesting when the night shift signs in.  :popcorn:

Nice try Lee.  There were no pro golfers jumping to tiger's side to admit they messed around a time or 12.  You are labeled by your peers as the one that came clean(National enquirer must have had the scoop coming out).  I still would accept you on my contest team.  I would not hang out with you for a beer if I had to watch idol-dancing with the stars-or Obberman.  If you are not on my team be prepared.  I have two planes with banners fueled and ready to buzz your boat just to get in to your kitchen and throw you off your game. :chef:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Since MNO let the cat out of the bag,,,, We will be having tryouts for the first annual MNO
American Idol show.. MNO has already signed up and wants to do:
Lets get physical by Olivia Newton John....  figure that one out....

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I only watch the first couple weeks to see the idiots with no friends try out.  That is funny stuff. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Since MNO let the cat out of the bag,,,, We will be having tryouts for the first annual MNO
American Idol show.. MNO has already signed up and wants to do:
Lets get physical by Olivia Newton John....  figure that one out....

randy

Who gets to wear the tights and leg warmers?
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Aint gonna be me! I dont get into that kinky stuff. I just play the music....

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Online Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I only watch the first couple weeks to see the idiots with no friends try out.  That is funny stuff.  

:happy1:
I'll take that as a testimonial to admission of viewership. Glad to see you guys beginning fess up and take control of your hidden feelings. Now that you're not alone, who will be next to step up and yield to reality. It doesn't hurt one bit to show you’re a man without fear.
 :popcorn:

« Last Edit: April 04/09/10, 11:02:01 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Man without fear......ppppffffftttttttt!  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao:.... Ok, what do you guys think about this analogy.... We watch "Idle", (I use the term "We" loosely as I honestly have never made it through more than 20 minutes without covering my ears and/or eyes and swearing off watching it again, but then trying again a week or so later ;D...) for the same reason we watched Gilligans Island... to see how Gilligan would screw up getting rescued off the island... same thing every episode! :bonk:  Yeah, I know some of us watched it because we had a crush on Ginger or Maryanne, but lets not go there... :whistling: