Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Weather  (Read 2059 times)

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Is this weather getting anyone else down?  Its been pretty crappy these last few days, wind, cold and rain - definitely not good for fishing.  Tomorrow is wont even get up to 50.
 :cold:  There might even be a little snow overnight in some spots.

Atleast its supposed to be nice this weekend for the fishing opener.  I looks like 70 with some clouds and sun statewide on Saturday!  Sunday will be nice too  :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
It's not helping my turkey hunting!  :censored:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
The only positive I can think of from all of this weather is I'll be able to get some crawlers pretty easily! At almost $3.00/dozen in some places, I'll gladly go out and get my own.  I'm not big on using crawlers, but the kids like to use them. 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
It's not helping my turkey hunting!  :censored:
Ill be out on Thursday, and thats when its supposed to get nice  :happy1:  But I am sorry to hear that the weather hasnt cooperated!

The only positive I can think of from all of this weather is I'll be able to get some crawlers pretty easily! At almost $3.00/dozen in some places, I'll gladly go out and get my own.  I'm not big on using crawlers, but the kids like to use them. 
I LOVE HUNTING FOR CRAWLERS - I guess with the rain they just come right out.  It is fun turning over logs and finding some worms though.  I was out trout fishing today and decided to try live bait, so I turned over a fallen log and got my bait.  I figure, most the time, ill pay $3-4 for worms and only use 3 or 4.  Its easy enough to find them! 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
                     :reporter; Did someone say crawlers?

Some day I'll take some photos of my home made crawler flicker-picker- up-er. When we have strong storms I can get 100's of crawlers over at the local forest preserves right off the pavement. I have a bad back and can't bend much so I was forced to come up with the crawler-flicker- picker-up-er. I can collect crawlers three times as fast as the old way and the best part is never bending. Also I can collect 300 crawlers without even touching even one.

No It's not a vacum  :doah:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman

Some day I'll take some photos of my home made crawler flicker-picker- up-er. When we have strong storms I can get 100's of crawlers over at the local forest preserves right off the pavement. I have a bad back and can't bend much so I was forced to come up with the crawler-flicker- picker-up-er. I can collect crawlers three times as fast as the old way and the best part is never bending. Also I can collect 300 crawlers without even touching even one.

Are you sure its not a vaccuum, because I was able to sneak a picture of your invention a few weeks ago, Its just an old 70's oreck....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

Are you sure its not a vaccuum, because I was able to sneak a picture of your invention a few weeks ago, Its just an old 70's oreck....

That looks like the one I gave Borgie for Mothers Day yesterday. She hasn't talked to me since. :scratch:

Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again