Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Is Favre done?  (Read 3830 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Do you think the reports are true?  Is Favre retiring for real?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
well childress says he hasnt heard anything and he talked to him last night i guess. i guess the problem is that there is fluid collecting in the ankle and its slowing the healing process ontop of healing at the age of 40. i for one wont beleive it until i hear it come from his mouth. he still has 3 weeks of rehabbing left, because they werent expecting him until just about the second preseason game. if he does retire i do beleive that jackson is going to be able to handle it, for one he was progressing big time before favre got here and a year behind favre can only make jackson better and learn how to take control of the huddle

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Im with you, I wont believe it until I heard it from Favre himself.  It doesnt sound too promising, but it is what it is.  I think we will still do OK with T-Jac, he isnt too bad, he just needs some more snaps under his belt, he did well last year, but we were up by 20+ points when he came in so its different being down by 7 in the 4th Qtr.  Anyways, I have a feeling he wont be back, but I hope he does -- if he is healthy!
Ill still be cheering for the Purple and Gold!  GO VIKES!

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
From what I've heard, the teacher of his daughter up here at college, is good friends with my old man, she says he is playing. Just skipping the spring training again.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Guys.... whats with the "gotta hear it from his mouth" deal.... :scratch:?  remember the last five or so years? :doah: Remember the press conference he held, and then told all that gathered before him: "I dont know what all you guys are here for...." :scratch: :rotflmao: I wont believe anything he says at a press conference until half way through the season.... hell, make that playoff time, by saying he's retiring (for the umpteenth time) it leaves things open for a "come-back" anytime he so chooses..... :bonk:  Ziggy's Vikequeens will be fine either way.... it just wont be as "fun" without blubberin Brett at the helm.

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I love the vikings but i can not believe you guys sayin t jack is not that bad? He is terrible. With him running this team and adrian coughing up the football I think I will have alot of free sundays on my hands this fall. (probably not really I will watch and cry like always) But how frustrating almost every piece is in place to be a good team We may not need Favre but Jackson is not going to get it done.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
I think Bretts ankle hurts to about 18 -20 mill.  Some other NFl player signed a 16 mill deal recently.   I think that is what Brett was to make this year if he did play.   Brett will be there for opening day. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:  By the way- Tj is an ok back up QB.  He is not it.  I like the Vikes plan about letting him think he is.   He  isn't to the point where he can run over traffic cops yet.  Who knows, maybe he will get to that point but he is not there yet.  ;D ;D
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
I hope not. If he is, I am sure it is for good reason. He will play if he thinks he can be a contributing factor. All in all - I will always be a Favre fan.
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Vikes are offering Favre more money $16 million guarenteed and $4 million in bonuses.  $20 million for this year.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope he comes back aswell. Always been a Favre fan and always will be (doesn't mean I'm a Packer fan though!! :rotflmao:) Anyway, I don't think T-Jack is ready and have a hard time believing he ever will . I just don't think he has it to be the number one guy  :sorry:. The Vikes NEED to find a replacement for Favre regardless of what happens. You need a first rate QB to lead any team........two second rate QB's in the corral don't cut it. Just my opinion though. ;D
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Well someone is a smart buisnessman..... a couple of aleged texts/tweets and the Vikes/Favre get millions of dollars of free advertising all over the country.... and whats funny is its not even news!  No announcement or acknowledgements.... all just rumors & heresay... :doah:  Its crazy, everyone I bumped into and talked to has been bringing it up... :banghead:  Im gonna have to stay away from ESPN, KFAN and all the sports pages till the season starts, or Blubbering Brett decides what he really wants to do........... I.... can..... hardly.............. wait.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
he will be back and i dont think it has anything to do with money. the guy from the star tribuine started this fire so its really his fault, brett had nothing to do with it. The star tribuine guy heard a rumor from someone else that heard a rumor and wrote about it. :banghead: :banghead:

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, everyone wants to be first to break a story.... its like TMZ of sports!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard that a teamate(s) may have set up Shianacoe (sp?) with the ole text bomb.... that'd be really funny if that is true..... especially if Brett did it...... ;D  If this is not the case, Brett played games like this with the Packers for a couple of years.... the press just grabs any info they can get their hands on.... its "their job".  All I know is the media everywhere is running this as "breaking news" and there isnt any news for them to give! :banghead: :scratch:  Gotta be something going on in the world that warrants this hubub we give it, kinda makes me embarrased to still be talking about it really.... ten bucks says tonight sportscenter will be launching an investigation as to who "leaked" the "breaking news" and will call on the CIA/FBI to get to the bottom of this. ;)  Mtcommer, youve got it exactly right, the sports media has been reduced to just that... TMZ/National Enquirer like story lines instead of sports writing/reporting. :doah:  Im officialy banning myself from all forms of sports media now until further notice! :surrender: ;)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I heard that a teamate(s) may have set up Shianacoe (sp?) with the ole text bomb.... that'd be really funny if that is true..... especially if Brett did it...... ;D  If this is not the case, Brett played games like this with the Packers for a couple of years.... the press just grabs any info they can get their hands on.... its "their job".  All I know is the media everywhere is running this as "breaking news" and there isnt any news for them to give! :banghead: :scratch:  Gotta be something going on in the world that warrants this hubub we give it, kinda makes me embarrased to still be talking about it really.... ten bucks says tonight sportscenter will be launching an investigation as to who "leaked" the "breaking news" and will call on the CIA/FBI to get to the bottom of this. ;)  Mtcommer, youve got it exactly right, the sports media has been reduced to just that... TMZ/National Enquirer like story lines instead of sports writing/reporting. :doah:  Im officialy banning myself from all forms of sports media now until further notice! :surrender: ;)

I heard it was Jared Allen joking with some of the teammates.   ;)
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
He was to make $13 mil this year and it's bumped to $20, nice play on his part. I think he will be back and I hope to heck he is. Was at training camp on Saturday and watched T-Junk. Dude was over throwing a guy 20 yards away that was standing still in the same spot for 10 minutes. It was insane!!
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
im sure your over doing it. favre also said he isnt playing for the money he will play if he is healthy enough. he wants to play for his general love of the game, you dont see that to often in the NFL anymore, everybody is about there next big pay day. if he was in it for the money he would of taken the 25 million from greenbay to stay retired.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I agree with you on the money thing. But yea, T-Junk lofted it over a dude standing still. On a route pass he hit the ankles. No defense was on the field. To me, an NFL QB be hits in the chest every time in that situation. At least Sage & Webb did.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well sage came in and hasnt been able to take the #2 Qb spot from jackson so that says alot.. i know a few people inside and they arent to high on sage anymore, has thrown alot of int's just in training camp. jackso i think needs another year behind brett.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I think after blubbering Brett, we have a pile of what would be 3rd string QB's on most other teams.  Brett did get more money to play this year, weather that was his intent or not with the texting shinanigans, we will probably never know.  We do need him behind the center the whole year though if we dont want to rely soley on our defense.... with him the Vikes have a chance, without him we're just an also-ran at best.