Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: One of the greatest movies ever remade and opens this month  (Read 37725 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I sure hope the General doesn't read that article. He is gonna get more upset than ever to see the author thinks Heath Ledger could whoop up on Clint.

Ken, Only a poofter, loving John Wayne, would put Heath Ledger in the category of Westerns.  However it does explain that bumper I saw on the back of your truck.

Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Looks like Ima gonna have to pick up my fish rod to defend my honor now. I aint never gunna be paradin 'round with no rainbow nowheres.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   I found an old pic of when John Wayne visited Clint in "music class" .  It didn't turn out well for Clint.    :whistling:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
To Think DDS, put my picture on John Wayne's face, a fishing pole in his hand, and your face on the honey  :whistling: and that is what you got this last weekend (A fishing pole spanking). 

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Looks like Ima gonna have to pick up my fish rod to defend my honor now. I aint never gunna be paradin 'round with no rainbow nowheres.

Finally an opponent worthy of my talents.  However being I already am the champion of this debate after whooping up on DDS and you're tying to take the belt I think it's only fair I make the challenge.  It will be fishing together on the same lake this summer.  I figure this way we make it a point to get out and do some fishing together.  Plus PeeWee Herman said you're not as cool as him so I have to check it out for myself. :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/19/11, 10:24:38 AM by Hunterdown »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     What was the challenge?   Most fish?  Most released?  Most Crappies?  Most sunnies.  Most fish kept?  Biggest?  Most holes drilled?   I figure you drilled the most holes.  My auger throttle was froze.  Other than that the debate about sunnies and released would not be close.  I kept 9  crappies so I could keep fishing.   No one would man up for Clint so this was over before it started.  :moon:
« Last Edit: January 01/19/11, 08:05:17 PM by DDSBYDAY »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
    What was the challenge?   Most fish?  Most released?  Most Crappies?   Most fish kept?  Biggest?  Most holes drilled?   I figure you drilled the most holes.  My auger throttle was froze.  Other than that the debate about sunnies and released would not be close.  I kept 9  crappies so I could keep fishing.   No one would man up for Clint so this was over before it started.  :moon:

All of the above should work.  By the way I release more fish then I came close to keeping.  Couldn't keep them off my line........which is a good thing. 

I wouldn't step up to the challenge :scratch: Who showed up in their cowboy hat saying Clint has arrived?

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I suppose this is  :offtopic: now, but I just watched True Grit yesterday and it was  :happy1:  :happy1:

Ok, you may all go back to your bickering and whatever the hell rest of what you are talking about.  :surrender:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Ok, you may all go back to your bickering and whatever the hell rest of what you are talking about.  :surrender:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    What was the challenge?   Most fish?  Most released?  Most Crappies?   Most fish kept?  Biggest?  Most holes drilled?   I figure you drilled the most holes.  My auger throttle was froze.  Other than that the debate about sunnies and released would not be close.  I kept 9  crappies so I could keep fishing.   No one would man up for Clint so this was over before it started.  :moon:

All of the above should work.  By the way I release more fish then I came close to keeping.  Couldn't keep them off my line........which is a good thing.  

I wouldn't step up to the challenge :scratch: Who showed up in their cowboy hat saying Clint has arrived?

:sorry:  I did see the cowboy hat.  I didn't hear what you said but now that I think about it I should have known. .  Where do you go about getting pink cowboy hats?  Must be a Clint Eastwood fan club web site or something.  It looked good on you though.  Kind of like a white flag.  The Wayne bunch back off when there is clearly no interest in mixing it up.   :whistling:
« Last Edit: January 01/19/11, 10:03:11 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
DDS, you better get your eyes check.  It may be time for you to turn in your drivers license for the safety of others.  Old age is catching up with ya  :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I suppose this is  :offtopic: now, but I just watched True Grit yesterday and it was  :happy1:  :happy1:

Watch Bronco Billy and then you will see what this discussion is all about.    :coffee:

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
   Rio Bravo would have to be my favorite John Wayne Movie. And I am pretty sure I have seen them all 10 times+. I liked the Quiet Man as well even though it isn't a western. Maureen O'Hara was one nice looking redhead! Starred along side the Duke in several films.
   As for the newer westerns I thought Open Range was pretty good. Costner did Wyatt Earp pretty well as well. And then Tombstone is up there too in my book.
« Last Edit: January 01/20/11, 12:16:24 AM by Auggie »
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   I liked open range.  I'm not a big Costner fan but Robert Duval sits next to big John at my dinner table.  The Mini series Lonesome Dove was top notch too.  The Unforgiven starring Clint Eastwood was tolerable.  Once upon the West with Charles Bronson, Peter Fonda, and Claudine (something--Hot hot hot) was a great Sergio Leone film.  Don't get me wrong.  Clint was a good cowboy.  Little Joe could have kicked his a$$ without Hoss.  That doesn't make him a bad cowboy. :coffee:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
  I liked open range.  I'm not a big Costner fan but Robert Duval sits next to big John at my dinner table.  The Mini series Lonesome Dove was top notch too.  The Unforgiven starring Clint Eastwood was tolerable.  Once upon the West with Charles Bronson, Peter Fonda, and Claudine (something--Hot hot hot) was a great Sergio Leone film.  Don't get me wrong.  Clint was a good cowboy.  Little Joe could have kicked his a$$ without Hoss.  That doesn't make him a bad cowboy. :coffee:

Didn't I tell you to stop hitting the bottle and stop staying late at work to gas it up.

« Last Edit: January 01/21/11, 12:22:44 AM by The General »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
A few years ago Clint had to come to Marion's rescue and kick the  :censored: out of

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     General, you have not been the same since the loss of your true hero and baby sitter.  Maybe someday all those posters may be worth something.  Oh well you still have the Hoff. :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: January 01/22/11, 01:10:20 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
If you look over to the left DDS it says Smack down king........not king of pop.  Heck I've had so many ladies I make Hef look Amish.   :rotflmao:

You and Marion can go get your Pink Flamingo suits on now and parade around like a bunch of poofters.   :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    I think your irrational thinking must have developed from you child hood.   :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
    I think your irrational thinking must have developed from you child hood.   :rotflmao:

I'm guessing you're right but it was more like this.

P.S. If that was a man's but that little kid's hero would be John Wayne. :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Typical Eastwood Fan.

« Last Edit: January 01/25/11, 07:29:07 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
35 film collection..........I'm all over that.  Worth it's weight in gold :happy1:

Clint Eastwood is tough he can slam a revolving door and drown a fish at the same time

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    One of my favorite John Wayne quotes.  ;D

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Well... I like both of them! If Clint and John ever teamed up, There would be seriuos
ass kicking!

randy

And I know John is no longer with us...
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Good point Randy.  Every super hero needs a side kick.    Clint could be Big John's Lois Lane.  :rotflmao:

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Observed at a karaoke bar in Greeley, Colorado. I'm just saying it could be a sign.

Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Fawk,

If John Wayne ever went up against Eastwood I'd say a prayer for Marion too.  
« Last Edit: January 01/27/11, 12:55:08 PM by The General »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh look.  It's Clint and Sandra. :rotflmao:  What a nice couple.  Chuck Norris might be intimited by these two.   Big John, no way.  Not ever.   :coffee:

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I'll be dag gum iffen McClintock aint on the channel 2 right now.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Oh look.  It's Clint and Sandra. :rotflmao:  What a nice couple.  Chuck Norris might be intimited by these two.   Big John, no way.  Not ever.   :coffee:

I never knew that Clint was into bi-racial affairs?  :doah:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again