Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487470 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
I like it  :happy1: and will do the same thing,

I made a couple of extras.  If you want one I will send it out tomorrow.    I epoxied the heads so they are a little sticky  but they are only for pics so send me a pm if you would like one.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
I have been following this smack down thread since it started and have read all 494 posts. I was thinking maybe I was a little outclassed here so I hadn't signed up. Tonight I took some time to review some of the pictures from last years challenge and decided to sign up. Couldn't really tell by the pictures of the small fish that were posted why it was even called a challenge. Now I don't know any of you personally so I don't want to be to harsh here but it is obvious that everyone here knows how too talk the talk. I really didn't see anything to convince me that any of you knew how to walk the walk as I can. I'm not much for talking, I'm best at walking, so I will end this by saying that you will all know what a smacking feels like when I start posting pictures of my fish.
I was thinking the same thing.  They're pretty good on the keyboard and posting meaningless pictures, but don't think the competition will be that tough. :happy1:
I agree that a Snoopy Rod or bare hook will help level the playing field a bit, so I may try that for the first few weeks, then go to the real stuff and pull away! training-087 training-087 training-087

greatoutdoors I found one of your meaningless pictures,,
That's a good picture of you wildlifeminnesot, where'd you buy the yellow pants?? :happybounce:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Some how , I knew....you guy's would figure out a way to get me to post in this thread....

White spinner bait....
We don't care what blade or the shape...but this must be clear in the photo "MNO" on the blade so we can read it. if we can't read it, photo will be disqualified. Last year, someone wanted me to change the rules for the hook being attached, so I left that in this year, it is stated in the rules ...hook... no hook..... it don't matter.

DDS...put a white skirt on it...if we can read it, then yes, it would qualify...

Ken, in your case, since you are a former champ...yours would need a birth certificate.  ;)

You guys are making this seem harder than it is.

They sell these cheap spinner baits at every walmart, gander, fleet farm, bait shop and holiday station across the globe...they aren't hard to find.....

If you still have a question, and you have a consern that it may be disqualified...take a picture of it, post it, and I'll tell ya if it is or is not a qualifing staple item. That way I can bless each and every one you throw out there.

HD

HD I one of the one that  :scratch: your stamp Idem  :censored:
First off what make you  :scratch: I would by a cheap spinner baits  ;D
And now you want me to paint on it which I have try and photo it but you can not see the MNO on it one thing is it reflect the light off of it and it is small  :censored:

Now HD If you  :scratch: I want a tackle box full of fishing tackle with MNO on them you are out of you  :censored: mine,  ;D

Now why would you want to make this hard for us????????????????????????????????????

Oh I see Now you see what I was talking about,  :Photography: I had thou some of you was not reading and compute what HD was telling you. DDS got it so I say look luck in the  :Photography: A phone camera will not cut it,,  :sorry:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I have been following this smack down thread since it started and have read all 494 posts. I was thinking maybe I was a little outclassed here so I hadn't signed up. Tonight I took some time to review some of the pictures from last years challenge and decided to sign up. Couldn't really tell by the pictures of the small fish that were posted why it was even called a challenge. Now I don't know any of you personally so I don't want to be to harsh here but it is obvious that everyone here knows how too talk the talk. I really didn't see anything to convince me that any of you knew how to walk the walk as I can. I'm not much for talking, I'm best at walking, so I will end this by saying that you will all know what a smacking feels like when I start posting pictures of my fish.
I was thinking the same thing.  They're pretty good on the keyboard and posting meaningless pictures, but don't think the competition will be that tough. :happy1:
I agree that a Snoopy Rod or bare hook will help level the playing field a bit, so I may try that for the first few weeks, then go to the real stuff and pull away! training-087 training-087 training-087

greatoutdoors I found one of your meaningless pictures,,
That's a good picture of you wildlifeminnesot, where'd you buy the yellow pants?? :happybounce:

I got them from you.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 05/11/11, 10:57:14 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    I have been busy playing lousy golf and working on the staple item.  For some of the rookies to the challenge let me tell you the pic aint so easy.  Especially this year.  The fish needs to be in the pic, the ruler needs to be in focus as well as the MNO on the spinner blade.  Sounds easy.  Fishing by yourself causes problems.  Those fish just don't like to pose quietly.  My suggestions is purchase a fish trough    http://www.fishtrough.com/  .  Bring some cling wrap with and wrap the thing in tight.  Tilt the fish trough down to get the nose to the front.  Wildlife had one jump out of the boat last year while trying to get a pic.  The hooks on the staple item have an amazing way to get tied up in nets with one quick tail flip.  I want to submit my staple for prior approval.  If it passes the judges white spinner bait requirement you will be seeing a lot of it this summer.  Notice the lack of a hook.    By the way,  you guys are doing fine without me.  If anyone gets too big for his or her britches I will be there to smack them back into reality.   Each of my teammates will get one of these if they need one.  They only need to attach their own daredevil with MNO on it to the snap swivel.    I will be patiently awaiting the judges ok on the staple.   :coffee:
You forgot the bobber   :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 ::welcome:: to all the new sign on this year.
Well It getting that time of year again. Minnesota opener. As the 2011 Fishing Challenge start keep in mite that you have sign in and you are obligation yourself to the Fishing Challenge Your team is counting on you to participate both in the Challenge and in the Smack Down thread,,  :help: your team!!!

Good luck!
That will be the last time you here me tell you that in less your on my team!!  :Photography:

BB It going to be nice to add your dollar to my collation!!  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/12/11, 08:56:06 AM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
WLM, that should be the easiest dollar you ever made.  However Having Bobby sign it will barely make it worth a penny......hope it has some sentimental value for you at least. 

I'd also like to say to those of you like "Can't catch no fish on Osakis" if you are reading these posts and are intimidated you don't have to partake in the Smack Down to be in the challenge.  However the Smack Down is the best part of the challenge and I think I'm going to have to come up with a prize for the top smack talker of the year.  Excluding myself of course......it would suck to win my own prize every year.  I'm thinking I could purchase a couple items from Doug for this maybe one of his new shirts and a Camo cap.  How to judge may be the hardest part.  I might just go off of wit, originality, and post that make me laugh.  DDS we all know you'd fail at the wit part so your posts had better be original and do a good job at making me laugh.  Just kidding bud you do a good job  :happy1:  Any ideas on how to judge this would be taken into consideration, but the judging will be done by me.   :king:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Hey Retired... glad to see you signed up.... we need some fisherman on the challenge...hehe.  Now some of us still have to work and dont live on a Lake... so if you are not on my Team, could you try fishing with one hand tied behind your back to even the playing field.. :toast:

Been thinking about how I might be able to handicap myself to make the challenge a little more fair for the rest of you. Thinking of maybe using my grandsons old snoopy rod.

Bobby will be sitting in his boat, in the driveway, for the first 2 months of the challenge checking to see if everything is in the right spot, pretending to cast to the big oak, and making sure the batteries for his trolling motor are charged.  That should be a big enough of a disadvantage for you.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Retired... glad to see you signed up.... we need some fisherman on the challenge...hehe.  Now some of us still have to work and dont live on a Lake... so if you are not on my Team, could you try fishing with one hand tied behind your back to even the playing field.. :toast:

Been thinking about how I might be able to handicap myself to make the challenge a little more fair for the rest of you. Thinking of maybe using my grandsons old snoopy rod.

Bobby will be sitting in his boat, in the driveway, for the first 2 months of the challenge checking to see if everything is in the right spot, pretending to cast to the big oak, and making sure the batteries for his trolling motor are charged.  That should be a big enough of a disadvantage for you.
We don't have any oaks up here, but we do have a hot tub in the boat !
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
WLM, that should be the easiest dollar you ever made.  However Having Bobby sign it will barely make it worth a penny......hope it has some sentimental value for you at least.  

I'd also like to say to those of you like "Can't catch no fish on Osakis" if you are reading these posts and are intimidated you don't have to partake in the Smack Down to be in the challenge.  However the Smack Down is the best part of the challenge and I think I'm going to have to come up with a prize for the top smack talker of the year.  Excluding myself of course......it would suck to win my own prize every year.  I'm thinking I could purchase a couple items from Doug for this maybe one of his new shirts and a Camo cap.  How to judge may be the hardest part.  I might just go off of wit, originality, and post that make me laugh.  DDS we all know you'd fail at the wit part so your posts had better be original and do a good job at making me laugh.  Just kidding bud you do a good job  :happy1:  Any ideas on how to judge this would be taken into consideration, but the judging will be done by me.   :king:

Seeing that I personally gave you the title "King of Smack" because I felt sorry for you at the time, it's sure gone to you head. I would insist that you remain on the list of contenders. The judging could be done through a poll where everyone could vote one time. Either a right in vote or a preselected group of candidates for a poll.

A criteria should be given as far as reasons one should vote for a particular individual. Right now the Challenge has top priority. However The king of smack competition is most worthy for future consideration.

* Side Note

*If the General is left out of the voting process, he would love that. This way he could avoid the reality of defeat. The General must be on the list of candidates.

« Last Edit: May 05/12/11, 10:57:35 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
WLM, that should be the easiest dollar you ever made.  However Having Bobby sign it will barely make it worth a penny......hope it has some sentimental value for you at least. 

I'd also like to say to those of you like "Can't catch no fish on Osakis" if you are reading these posts and are intimidated you don't have to partake in the Smack Down to be in the challenge.  However the Smack Down is the best part of the challenge and I think I'm going to have to come up with a prize for the top smack talker of the year.  Excluding myself of course......it would suck to win my own prize every year.  I'm thinking I could purchase a couple items from Doug for this maybe one of his new shirts and a Camo cap.  How to judge may be the hardest part.  I might just go off of wit, originality, and post that make me laugh.  DDS we all know you'd fail at the wit part so your posts had better be original and do a good job at making me laugh.  Just kidding bud you do a good job  :happy1:  Any ideas on how to judge this would be taken into consideration, but the judging will be done by me.   :king:

Now look  :queen2: of smack,,,,   :whistling: One Minn you say I will win nothing  :scratch: And then you say that should be the easiest dollar you ever made.  :scratch::scratch: you have no clue what you talking about  :doah: You can not tell time  :coffee: You wife get rid of you 358 days a year.  :whistling: Now you want to be the judge a smack down.  :moon: Good god have you loss the rocks in your head!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You need  :help: But I  :scratch: you are past the  :help: stage,,,  :sorry:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Several years ago when I first started the Smack Talk it was to go hand in hand with the fishing Challenge. The intent was to promote some back slapping and interaction between new fishing partners that the draw had tossed together. Reading over the smack thread fishing has taken a back seat to I hope what are well aimed and in fun insults. The smack thread is a gloves off place and once you have entered a post you are fair game so to speak. I am looking forward to the team selection and hopefully the return of the thread to it's original intent.

Now having said that if the General can carry the title of King of Smack, which Lee gave him then I here by declare myself the EMPEROR of SMACK and demand a smiley fit for an emperor to display !   :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Willy,

Your not getting where The General is coming from. The name of the game is to keep stirring the pot. Jumping from one adversary to another. Keeping you and Bobby off balance is his goal. United you stand, but divided you fall. That's why he flip flops from one victim to another. Meanwhile he is just sitting in the weeds laughing.

He is for certain The Devil's Advocate and you are just many of his many victims.

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Several years ago when I first started the Smack Talk it was to go hand in hand with the fishing Challenge. The intent was to promote some back slapping and interaction between new fishing partners that the draw had tossed together. Reading over the smack thread fishing has taken a back seat to I hope what are well aimed and in fun insults. The smack thread is a gloves off place and once you have entered a post you are fair game so to speak. I am looking forward to the team selection and hopefully the return of the thread to it's original intent.

Now having said that if the General can carry the title of King of Smack, which Lee gave him then I here by declare myself the EMPEROR of SMACK and demand a smiley fit for an emperor to display !   :rotflmao:

In Honor of the Emperor  :doah:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Q. I noticed that the General has just gone off line? :scratch:

A.  It's lunch time now and you can't expect The General to post when he's not on company time :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :whistling:

« Last Edit: May 05/12/11, 10:27:11 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Willy,

Your not getting where The General is coming from. The name of the game is to keep stirring the pot. Jumping from one adversary to another. Keeping you and Bobby off balance is his goal. United you stand, but divided you fall. That's why he flip flops from one victim to another. Meanwhile he is just sitting in the weeds laughing.

He is for certain The Devil's Advocate and you are just many of his many victims.

Lee you said it best in a prier post, IT GOING TO HIS HEAD!!!! you are right on one thing he is stuck in the weeds but he not laughing he  :cry: :cry:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
     I can see the tentions rising.  Please remember that--

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
We should so have a countdown clock to team selection!!!   :happybounce:
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Wow throw out an option of a prize and the "I quit man" (Lee) jumps right back on board in the smack ring........nice to have you back. :happy1:

I do like the idea of having a poll for all the members to vote, even those who just read the threads, but I'll choose who is on the poll excluding myself.  Keep the ideas coming.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Now look  :queen2: of smack,,,,   :whistling: One Minn you say I will win nothing  :scratch: And then you say that should be the easiest dollar you ever made.  :scratch::scratch: you have no clue what you talking about  :doah: You can not tell time  :coffee: You wife get rid of you 358 days a year.  :whistling: Now you want to be the judge a smack down.  :moon: Good god have you loss the rocks in your head!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

All I have to say to this is  :scratch:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

All I have to say to this is  :scratch:

I guest That what I had expect from a empty head,,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Thank God out houses evolved into an indoor thrown too.   :king:

P.S. you can self proclaim anything you want, but we all know the truth.    

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
Ya'll otta make it easy on yerselves and just gimme the winners trophy now and forget about the whole fishing thing. :surrender:

Really. :fishing2:
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Ya'll otta make it easy on yerselves and just gimme the winners trophy now and forget about the whole fishing thing. :surrender:

Well well well Look who stumble in the smack down thread Big Slick  ::welcome:: He has a messes for us  :whistling: He want us to throw the towel.  :surrender:

Well Big Slick I  :scratch: not If you  :scratch: your present will scared me  :scratch: again. I would much better go down with the ship  :titanic: then to  :surrender: to you..  :moon: 

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:       

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

I could be wrong, but if I remember right the only fish you could ever muster was some small northern with rigamortis.  Probably something you found floating on the shore line for a few days. :rotflmao:

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman

I'd also like to say to those of you like "Can't catch no fish on Osakis" if you are reading these posts and are intimidated you don't have to partake in the Smack Down to be in the challenge. 

I did feel a little intimidated until I looked at the pictures of the teeny tiny fish that were posted last year. I believe they were about this  :fishing: size. I admit it was a tough winter fishing, but this is open water now baby. The challenge championship is going to myself and my two team members. You want to be on top of the heap you better hope your teamed up with me. ;D

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Intimidated?  Not by the "old vets" I'm not.  I joined, not sure why since I chase more sunnies and crappies than eyes, bass, and snakes, but why not join in and stir the pot.

Bring it!
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
ya, BB I thou I would put up a photo of me with three Bass all over 17"  Getting scared now!!
on the side bet  :whistling:

I all so fish walleye and pike  :whistling:
I was doing a little reading on the side bet you had last year with the General  ;D
I am  :scratch: The General just mite be right on this on  :doah: You just mite want to sign that $1 before we start  :surrender: I just mite make you look really bad in the bass as I did catch a 20.5 just under the biggest that Lee got. :whistling:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

I'd also like to say to those of you like "Can't catch no fish on Osakis" if you are reading these posts and are intimidated you don't have to partake in the Smack Down to be in the challenge. 

I did feel a little intimidated until I looked at the pictures of the teeny tiny fish that were posted last year. I believe they were about this  :fishing: size. I admit it was a tough winter fishing, but this is open water now baby. The challenge championship is going to myself and my two team members. You want to be on top of the heap you better hope your teamed up with me. ;D

Well like you said in your first post We see that you can talk the talk  :bs: we will see if you can walk the walk now,  :blues brothers: