Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 488131 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Wow now Willy is the Bird Whisperer.  Seems like the only thing he can't do is get into first place.   :cry:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations

Well I did not read that in the rules, I just going to say IT WAS A BIRD Y that told me this!!  ;)

It wouldn't by any chance be a yellow bellied   "Bobbygreatoutdoorsgenerallyhomelyfallinfromit's roost" speckled bird, would it?    :dancinred:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Wow now Willy is the Bird Whisperer.  Seems like the only thing he can't do is get into first place.   :cry:

Yes I am the bird whisper, I can tell you a lot about them, As to that first place well this by far is not over so I would not bet that we cannot take fist, as I would bet you on that!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Well I did not read that in the rules, I just going to say IT WAS A BIRD Y that told me this!!  ;)

It wouldn't by any chance be a yellow bellied   "Bobbygreatoutdoorsgenerallyhomelyfallinfromit's roost" speckled bird, would it?    :dancinred:

Yes it was How did you know that!!!  :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

No it was just Willy falling of the wagon again and hearing voices. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

No it was just Willy falling of the wagon again and hearing voices. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Well I do not drink, you are wrong again seal poo  :doah:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    This geo imaging is cool.  Clicked properties of the pic and found out the family tree.

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
DDS you were a disgrace in defending the Marion Wayne name.  I caught more fish then you and on another occasion had to pull your trusty horse out of the snow bank.  I have so many awards I can't fit them all under my avitar.  I'm not sure which one I'm going to remove when I add 2011 champ.  

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Well I do not drink, you are wrong again seal poo  :doah:

Well that explains a lot.  Never trust a skinny cook or a man who doesn't drink. 

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
DDS you were a disgrace in defending the Marion Wayne name.  I caught more fish then you and on another occasion had to pull your trusty horse out of the snow bank.  I have so many awards I can't fit them all under my avitar.  I'm not sure which one I'm going to remove when I add 2011 champ.  

I would be pssssensitive too if I tried to claim a victory on a challenge I would not take.   ;)!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
 :scratch: What challenge did I not take?

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I here my team matte as got a big one to post ;D Team seal poo will be looking up at us!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
As a former team mate of Lee I know he does not have any Internet access where he is on vacation,  :coffee:  I also know that if he was to catch a posting fish he will return from vacation and tease us with it for a few weeks  :woot: . I also know that the water where he is fishing is not giving up any fish and even the small eaters are hard to come by with the weather up there. So Wild as usual you are just blowing smoke   :campfire: At least you have stopped this "we will be out of first place this weekend" routine, that was getting really old. Now it is we will be out of first by November, which is a long ways a way. That might happen, but I don't think it will be because of you..

I did not said he had the internet  :scratch:  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Smoke signals, land line or even cell coverage from Ely?   That's just plain cheating.   ;D

READ what in the rules? :scratch: I think we will have to get the :queen2: in here to explain to the rest of us what you are talking about.
Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I here my team matte as got a big one to post ;D Team seal poo will be looking up at us!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
As a former team mate of Lee I know he does not have any Internet access where he is on vacation,  :coffee:  I also know that if he was to catch a posting fish he will return from vacation and tease us with it for a few weeks  :woot: . I also know that the water where he is fishing is not giving up any fish and even the small eaters are hard to come by with the weather up there. So Wild as usual you are just blowing smoke   :campfire: At least you have stopped this "we will be out of first place this weekend" routine, that was getting really old. Now it is we will be out of first by November, which is a long ways a way. That might happen, but I don't think it will be because of you..

I did not said he had the internet  :scratch:  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Smoke signals, land line or even cell coverage from Ely?   That's just plain cheating.   ;D

READ what in the rules? :scratch: I think we will have to get the :queen2: in here to explain to the rest of us what you are talking about.

And your point is???

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Wel Well Wild was right a big fish was posted, opps it seems GreatOutdoors has posted another one. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :Clap:   :bow: Great is tha man...
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Now I am seeing a challenge.  The mvp spot is going to tough to take from the hot hand.  Bobby it looks like a bad year to take on Wildlife.  General got off easy.   

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I tend to bring out the best in people.... :doah: but we got Wild to post his secret big fish and he is still in second.. :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well I tend to bring out the best in people.... :doah: but we got Wild to post his secret big fish and he is still in second.. :rotflmao:

But I loss the photo!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: As we have the upper hand a small pike  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    My predictions from the beginning have been it will take 90 inches+ and the pike will be the deciding factor.  Game on and congrats to both Wildlife and Greatoutdoors.   Those are some quality fish.  Team Make A Move's interest has been peeked.  We hope to meet you somewhere in the 90's.   :happy1: :happy1:  

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     News flash.  I received an email from and Indian guide friend of mine.  He said he intercepted some smoke signals from Lee up in Ely.  When I asked what they said, he told me it was hard to tell.  From what he could tell given the winds and rain it went something like this.   Wildlife... huge pike... Borgie... grab the net...  @#$@&#%@&...   I don't speak smoke signal so I guess we will find out shortly what the heck that all means.  

« Last Edit: July 07/20/11, 09:50:33 PM by DDSBYDAY »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    News flash.  I received an email from and Indian guide friend of mine.  He said he intercepted some smoke signals from Lee up in Ely.  When I asked what they said, he told me it was hard to tell.  From what he could tell given the winds and rain it went something like this.   Wildlife... huge pike... Borgie... grab the net...  @#$@&#%@&...   I don't speak smoke signal so I guess we will find out shortly what the heck that all means.  

It was holly  :censored: that a big pike Lee!!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
   Good thing I do speak smoke, northern dialect. Translation is:
Wild wish you were here, need someone to cut firewood,   :campfire:      glad we brought  :spam:   no fish yet  :Fish:
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :Clap: Nice Eye Wild. looks a little shy of 31 but still bigger than anything I caught...  :bow:
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
:Clap: Nice Eye Wild. looks a little shy of 31 but still bigger than anything I caught...  :bow:

Looks to me that the fin crosses the 31 inch mark.  Definately has the nose to the board.  Awesome jig still attached( :happy1:).  Great job Wildlife.  I am hoping that is going to take 2nd in the big walleye part of the challenge.  I think your bass may be solid.   

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Thank BB Now I need to fine that Pike, I was going to wait to post it with the pike But I am still trying to fine a bigger pike,

as to the size it go 31" but I will leave that to the judges.
As I have my trophy and they both will go on my wall  :happy1:  :happy1:

I name that one (pole breaker) but I think that pole was getting a little old, As it was a big finish for that fishing pole, A new start for a new pole. As that is the biggies walleye I have taken. I have taken 29 but nothing in the 30s  :happy1:

As all of my eye was in a slot limit lake and have been for 7 year now 18" to 26 must go back, so I am getting bigger walleye in the lake. It can be a good think but it taken some time now.

I will say I have caught more eye this year then the last two both ice fishing and open but that heat came in and now it been tuft!!     

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Looks to me that the fin crosses the 31 inch mark.  Definately has the nose to the board.  Awesome jig still attached( :happy1:).  Great job Wildlife.  I am hoping that is going to take 2nd in the big walleye part of the challenge.  I think your bass may be solid.   

Thank DDS As I thou you mite think that way. well I gust if I can get one who Know! But you do have to have a line in the water.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

This weekend will be a bonus for me.  I just finished a big order and another one  should be finished tonight so I can go fishing this weekend with a clear contience.  Off from the office tomorrow so I will be whipping up some new plastic trailers, buzz baits and swimbaits to see if we can fool some trophies into joining us in the boat.  ;D    I will be fishing hard in Aug and Sept.  If need be I will be on the water Oct 31st.  Team Make A Move is undefeated in any fishing or mental challenge  ;) and plans on keeping it that way.   training-087  training-087  training-087

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Nice fish wildlife!   :toast:   ...oh wait this is the smack thread.

Nice fish wildlife.   :coffee:

« Last Edit: July 07/21/11, 04:12:28 PM by Fawkinnae »
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice fish wildlife!   :toast:   ...oh wait this is the smack thread.

Nice fish wildlife.   :coffee:

Says the pike-miester with a ;)