Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 488302 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    Don't worry boys and girls.  I won't be fishing again for a couple of weeks.  You can take a rest from looking over your shoulders for a while.   Or can you?
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
All those silly questions were brought up for a reason. I'm guessing somebodies blood pressure raised a little though.

Yes, they were brought up just to try and  :censored: me off.  :moon:

And yes, my blood pressure did go up a little...But, then again, I just consider the source.  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   It happens to me all the time.   :banghead:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

:scratch: Is that Gretchen Carlson from the Fox and Friends News Team in the morning?
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

I heard he will be fishing for Lake Trout. :fishing2:  I'm not going to say nothing to him. What a surprise he's going to get when he tries to enter one in The Challenge. :cry:   Well, that's what happens when some folks around here don't read the rules and try to insert their own interpretations. :banghead:
« Last Edit: July 07/30/11, 06:10:49 PM by HD »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
      August and September baby. training-087 training-087 training-087.  As far as being left in the Canadian Wilderness, what a joke.  I was raised by wolves in Canada.  It would be a family reunion.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Is that Gretchen Carlson from the Fox and Friends News Team in the morning?

I never kiss and tell.  Not often anyways.    ;) ;)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:reporter; News Flash........This just in......... :coffee:..........:reporter; News Flash........This just in......... :coffee:

From what I've heard from the grapevine it seems that the pressure of maintaining the first place spot in the challenge has become burdensome for team seal poo. :surrender:  I'm figuring sometime near the beginning of next week the relief team will be ready to step in and take their rightful place.

Who will it be? If you would like to place your guesses on this thread please do so.

:scratch: My guess will be Team...................?

:popcorn:
« Last Edit: July 07/30/11, 09:40:42 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    I have to go with the hot hand.  That would be Borgies Raiders.   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Whats the deal!!!  :help:  My Partner Geo catches a nice Bass upgrade a couple days ago  and the judges must be asleep or :tequila; :tequila; or there is a Conspiracy against the #13 Floating Rapalas from some team below us ( that might have a judge as a member)..  :bs:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:reporter; News Flash........This just in......... :coffee:..........:reporter; News Flash........This just in......... :coffee:

From what I've heard from the grapevine it seems that the pressure of maintaining the first place spot in the challenge has become burdensome for team seal poo. :surrender:  I'm figuring sometime near the beginning of next week the relief team will be ready to step in and take their rightful place.

Who will it be? If you would like to place your guesses on this thread please do so.

What about you greatoutdoors? Who will be your predecessor as your team starts it's steep decline?

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Whats the deal!!!  :help:  My Partner Geo catches a nice Bass upgrade a couple days ago  and the judges must be asleep or :tequila; :tequila; or there is a Conspiracy against the #13 Floating Rapalas from some team below us ( that might have a judge as a member)..  :bs:

It is a nice Bass. I'm sure the judges will get to it so relax. They may be having a problem reading the ruler since it's fuzzy. One judge could be waiting for a 2nd or 3rd opinion to get it right. All judges are not around on weekends. :happy1:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion

What about you greatoutdoors? Who will be your predecessor as your team starts it's steep decline?
It won't matter who SEALTeam 6 "loans" the lead to for a bit, because at the end you'll see our three smiling faces waving to the rest of the Challenge teams from the top (where we rightfully belong)
 :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
HOO RAH!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Everyone should know that being in first only matters at the end.  We have a long way to go.  Just keep this in mind......

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

That  because he did not post a photo!! when he upgrade,  ;D 

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

That will be The Barbarians... as do not count me out!!   ;D  I just mite have a bigger pike and it may take The Barbarians... to 90+  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Willy, Willy, Willy, :whistling:
That 90+ better be a reeeeeaalllly BIG plus if you think you're gonna beat us with a mere 90-91 inches!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Oh YEAH BABEE!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
I'm thinking you better have 94-95 inches to even think you'll have any kind of chance of beating the GREATEST TRIO of of fishermen ever assembled, SEALTeam 6!! :fishing2:
After reading this, you'll be shaking so badly with fear that it'd register 7.5 or greater on a Richter Scale !! :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Former Gopher Marion Barber signs with Chicago( Lee should like that)

Still in first

SEALTeam6 85.0 Greatoutdoors, The General, Bobby Bass
30.0 Walleye 36.0 Pike 19.0 Bass
 :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xsDv6yCnY[/youtube]

Just came back in the house for a heat relief break after working on the boat since 6:00 am. I can't believe what I just read from 2 of the seal poo team members. They are talking as if they agree that they will be relinquishing the first place slot soon. The minute a team begins to back peddle like that it's over for them. Next will come the internal fighting followed by a communications meltdown. I would hate to see a team self destruct like that.  :banghead:     It really saddens me  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/31/11, 09:59:14 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts

He he he, your partner must be a telepathic ninja... oh wait, I'm starting to see it, a little fuzzy, there it is, very  nice...  28"  (I'm getting a little distracted by the picture of Gretchen Carlson)  :happy1:

wait a minute, that's a  g o l d e n  bass.

Sorry carp don't count in the Challenge.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Lee did ya lose your spectacles up there in God's Country?   :doah: I don't see anyone from Team Six saying anything about giving up no lead. I don't know how we can be backpedaling either as you can't take away our inches.   :rotflmao: Unless you are using some of that there government math you have to catch us, we don't have to fall back. Better give Borgie her cheater glasses back and find your own so you can read what the scoreboard says. I will post it everyday just to remind you..

As for DDS he reminds me of the admiral in Top Gun  "DDS better get back in the game cuz it is going to be all over here soon...  :fishing2:
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
As for DDS he reminds me of the admiral in Top Gun  "DDS better get back in the game cuz it is going to be all over here soon... 

Don't forget who won that battle Bobby.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    I don't know exactly how this will finish up.  I do know one thing from a good source.  :titanic:
« Last Edit: July 07/31/11, 12:59:16 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Who is this DDS some keep referring to, does he own a fishing rods, and if so, has he ever used it??? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
 :happy1:. Hey Geo's. Golden Bass he is holding looks bigger than anything u guys have caught... :moon: :moon:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
DDS was out fishing one day, he was casting along a quiet marsh shoreline with six foot tall cattails pushing their way into gin colored calm water. Using one of his homemade jigs he had a white twister tail hanging from the wide gap hook. He would toss it up close to the cattails and then slowly work it back to his rented boat. Blackbirds were hanging from cattails and calling out to him as he worked his way past them and down the shoreline. Frogs could be heard croaking deep in the marsh and a lone loon crashed landed in the open water behind him. It called out to him, repeatedly but DDS ignored the loons calls and continued to toss his jig towards the bank. A bump was felt and as DDS lifted the rod he felt some weight, Setting the hook with gusto he stood up in the rental boat and put his foot on the gunnel for more leverage. A bass broke the surface and with head wagging like a Saint Bernard water flew from the fishes lips to spray across the lake and on to DDS. With the heavy fish muscled to the boat and with the rod bowed DDS reached down to slip his thumb into the giants wet mouth but could not pull the fish into the boat. Again he tried and again he failed, a sharp pain in his shoulder made him stop and he open his eyes to look down at his dentist chair and his patient pounding him on his shoulder. DDS thumb was buried in the man's mouth and his foot was up against the side of the chair. The man was making weird gurgling sounds and spraying DDS with the rinse wand....   :sorry: DDS it was just all a dream, a daydream!
Bobby Bass

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for explaining that Bobby, I didn't think he was living in the real world with some of the stuff that comes in his posts! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :sorry:  Team seal Poo will soon be  :scratch:
« Last Edit: July 07/31/11, 07:38:14 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Who is this DDS some keep referring to, does he own a fishing rods, and if so, has he ever used it???

Best let it go.  I have no reason to bother with you today.   

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
No worries G.O. DDS tried to mess with me once and now he has to wear a patch on his eye.  You mess with the Bull (SEALTeam6) you get the horns. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood