Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 643161 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's good!!! My late wife had 3 of them. the 1st was botched in our minds.  so the others were repairs, scar tissue and such. 30 years of pain and issues, but she was a trouper!!! :Clap:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Did the usual Sunday paper run & stopped at both the landings on our end of Bowstring. The 1 on Co Rd 35 had 2 trucks in the lot, they had both walked out just to check conditions. When they came in they stopped to talk to a truck that came in behind us, then climbed in their trucks & left when we did along with 1 more who had just came off the ice. We suggested they try Trails End. The PA on that side  wasn't much better. Walked out 75-100 yards here after getting back & found a minimum of 2 - 4" of slush with 6-8" in spots. With the forcast for the week, I don't see things getting any better anytime soon. Thursday before we return to somewhat normal temps. Anybody who has plans to come up this way, I suggest they call ahead.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
mom, my new step daddy, bro and nephew were up there. said it was COLD! got a few fish. also said there was 2 ft of ice.  moms new hubby even drove on the lake............but that public access road is rough!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm going to do at least one more trip but going to Laughlin this weekend so will have to wait till next week. Have to make some money so I can swing the fishing trip.       

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm going to do at least one more trip but going to Laughlin this weekend so will have to wait till next week. Have to make some money so I can swing the fishing trip.     
merc  3 posts here?I had to smite you at least once  (Glenn made me do it) Soon you may be caught up wit 57.The site down drew you here?? Got 57 to 94 also!!
« Last Edit: March 03/13/17, 05:36:09 PM by dew2 »
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
mom, my new step daddy, bro and nephew were up there. said it was COLD! got a few fish. also said there was 2 ft of ice.  moms new hubby even drove on the lake............but that public access road is rough!!!!!!!!!!!!
Step daddy??Did Mom teach him how to change DEPENDS.You ole sissified Phart AH HA Ha ha :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :surrender:

« Last Edit: March 03/13/17, 05:58:39 PM by dew2 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Reb that was a great flic!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yes dew I will follow and haunt Glenn where ever he goes. It's just something a person has to do some times.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I like this guy already!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
good luck Glenn!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hittin the road for these parts about 2 am. Reports on there way

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2am?  early bird!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey Gunner, planning on making one last ice excursion week from Friday. Heading out to Laughlin this weekend and have to bowl next Thursday so that's the earliest I can go. Would really appreciate an ice report next week. Thanks and have a safe trip up!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Reb that was a great flic!!

Huh? Where? You into the fireball again?! :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ooppps gave you credit for something you did not do!  Dew should have gotten the credit.  no fireball here, I like beer!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah mike, we like to hit the Burnsville split by 5 am & it's a good 2 hrs plus for us. Shouldn't be a problem merc, win some $ this time.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
makes sense to me dive safe!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes dew I will follow and haunt Glenn where ever he goes. It's just something a person has to do some times.
KOOL merc!! Ya know the ole sayin>"it takes a village to raise a child" An then it takes many peers to keep G oops a fisherman honest!! BUT remember every village has a idoit also!! face_plant-2139.gif face_plant-2139.gif smoking_a_joint-408.gif

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You know there are times I sit here and think, poor Glenn I feel so sorry for him that everyone picks on him and then I slap myself and say what was I thinking.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
this good!!  merc has as many likes as posts!! :rotflmao: :applause: :laughroll: :super smiley:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We made our usual Sunday road trip over to the store today. I made a comment to the person working about the ground must be starting to warm up because some of the secondary roads are looking soft. She said the weight restrictions for them starts the 1st part of next week, so the frost is going out. Stopped at the 2 landings on Bowstring too & the 1 on the north end looked better than I thought it would, that might change by the end of tomorrow though. The 1 closer to us is pretty much out of commission as it looked tough to even get a wheeler out there. The top 5 slabs of concrete were all heaved up anywhere from 1-3' & the pressure ridge that caused it must be 6-7' high on the north side of the ramp.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
a lot of snow in the woods yet? I,m really struggling with the idea of heading up there next weekend?????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
With the forcast for rain, you should be OK, 57. I did notice in our travels yday that the 3 bridge(Portage, Inger, & Mosomo Pt) nearby have really opened up in the last week. Don't think I seen a wheelhouse on the road either. All the ones who looked to be fishin had wheelers & porties.
« Last Edit: March 03/23/17, 07:38:25 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Heading up tomorrow for one last ice trip. Then time to get the boat ready!!      :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I watched a couple guys come off the ice about 6 last night, on their wheeler with their pop up behind, over where you usually fish, merc. Don't think we saw a truck out there on Sunday either.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I know Geigers shut their access down to truck traffic but is open for wheelers. Our plan is to go off the North access with a wheeler. Last trip there was a big ice heave there with a truck hung up on it. Hopefully the goose is standing on the ice so we know where the fish are.     :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I watched a couple guys come off the ice about 6 last night, on their wheeler with their pop up behind, over where you usually fish, merc. Don't think we saw a truck out there on Sunday either.
those guys were fishing in hayslips corner??????? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

gunner...........i nixed those plans to come up this weekend!!!!! there will be other times with less or no snow. made plans to set up my spear houses and fix up what broke this winter............then need to keep my mom happy with lawnmower stuff!!! thought thats why she got remarried.........so he could fix things for her!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/23/17, 08:19:18 AM by glenn57 »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey, tell those guys to get out of my spot!!!   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That landing was a lot better than the 1 over here on Sunday. Most of the heave was gone, it was a little mushy but we've had a couple cold days early this week, so it should be good. I didn't see any geese out there though. ;) :rotflmao:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
then need to keep my mom happy with lawnmower stuff!!! thought thats why she got remarried.........so he could fix things for her!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
AH HAHaha stepDADDY EH?? go get er done fer MOM :police: Then take stepDADDY a fishin