Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635720 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where the guys(FM) on del's home waters didn't like what they found on Friday. Bottomed out their wheeler so much slush. :shocked: Looks like it's going to be warm & dry now, that might make it kind of messy. Got some good boots?   
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
chest waders...... :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
meh...the fishing gods are gonna take care of business by next Friday!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

I had a long talk with them. but I best bring extra beer just in case. :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
meh...the fishing gods are gonna take care of business by next Friday!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

I had a long talk with them. but I best bring extra beer just in case. :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :doah: I think even they know enough  :shocked: :confused: to NOT take much of what you say  :bs: seriously.  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Even the best fishers laugh at Glenn.  :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

good one Reb!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Even the best fishers laugh at Glenn.  :rotflmao:
awe go back to your chitty chitty bang bang thread!!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WOWZER!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :bonk: :bonk: just got off the phone with the bowstring store, they have no bait and they don't no jack sheet about ice conditions. :crazy: :crazy:

called the Talmoon Spur station, they said people are still going out but they cant get bait. she heard all the ponds froze out and the minnows arent there.

looks like i gotta hunt some up around home!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :cry: :cry: :rolleyes: :smiley: I know where you might be able to get some crawlers. ;) :laugh: L & M started selling bait last year, not sure who they get theirs from but might be worth a call. They open @ 7:30 everyday 'cept Sunday.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My pal George at the bait shop got me covered. Plenty of minnows. He also said only a few accesses are beat up but ice is good. No more 2 layers of ice.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So, this means we will see pics of some whoppers?    :fish2:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Depends on how you classify sunfish or crappies as Whoppers. I wouldn't gaurentee Whoppers the lake I'm fishing but hopefully fish.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So, this means we will see pics of some whoppers?    :fish2:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: If I want want to keep some  :fish2: it's not the big ones. Usually 7-8", maybe a couple almost 9" sunnies & 10 -12", maybe a 13 " crappies for a meal.
« Last Edit: April 04/03/19, 07:53:57 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
My pal George at the bait shop got me covered. Plenty of minnows. He also said only a few accesses are beat up but ice is good. No more 2 layers of ice.
:scratch: What do you need minnows for, I thought all those little sunnies ate was waxies & worms? ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: I didn't think you  liked  :fishing: for crappies. :confused: Don't forget your raincoat as I see my weatherman has the rain back  in the forecast (40% Sat & 60% for Sunday). How long you stayin?
« Last Edit: April 04/03/19, 08:36:53 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont particularly care to eat crappies unless the outta da lake fresh........but like fishing for them. besides i figure it'll take about 1 hour, if i drag it out to catch my sunfish!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i am bringing my clam, so let it rain. staying till sunday, nope no work R & R and  :toast: :drinking: :happy1:. UNLESS that furnace dont work. also plan on taking chains off 4 wheelers, feed da birds, kinda start getting the place ready for summer!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont particularly care to eat crappies unless the outta da lake fresh........but like fishing for them. besides i figure it'll take about 1 hour, if i drag it out to catch my sunfish!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i am bringing my clam, so let it rain. staying till sunday, nope no work R & R and  :toast: :drinking: :happy1:. UNLESS that furnace dont work. also plan on taking chains off 4 wheelers, feed da birds, kinda start getting the place ready for summer!!!!
:cool: It's just nice to get back up there!  :happy1: We've only been home about a week & I'am already lookin forward to it. Haven't seen any action at all on the webcams I watch  :scratch:, bet there's some still going out the CR 35 access on Bowstring though. Unless it's already trashed. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my coworker sent me a text this morning. his FIL lives next door. said his FIL tried taking the "woods road" to his house and said there's still 4 ft of snow where its never been disturbed in the woods!!!!!!! :surrender: :bs: UGH. fortunetly our main road was plowed sometims right before super bowl and my nephew was up and into the cabin superbowl weekend.

besides i gotz me a chebby.................i'll get in!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Was wonderin :scratch: 'bout that, got a good shovel? Must have with all the  :bs: you shovel out?  ;) :smiley: Maybe, if your nice, you could get Reb & Mr. Sparkles to follow ya up?   :confused::rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought he said he had a CHUBBY... :censored: :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: Maybe he does.............................   :confused: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: Maybe he does.............................   :confused: :sleazy: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :crazy: :confused: :confused: apparently you 2 dingbats didnt take coffees advise in the good morning thread!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :bonk: :bonk:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: We did TRY not to :scratch:............................... but couldn't resist 'cause it was too easy  :rolleyes: :smiley:........................... & waaaaay to much fun. :happy1: :happy1: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where they cut way back on Saturday's rain chances (20%) up there now. Increased Sundays to 100% though. I'd be surprised if the furnace didn't work for ya too & it was just the -40*. It's not that old is it? Upper 40's to low 50's is what I'm seein. :happy1: Be safe, have fun, & leave some :fish2: for seed. :cool: :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where they cut way back on Saturday's rain chances (20%) up there now. Increased Sundays to 100% though. I'd be surprised if the furnace didn't work for ya too & it was just the -40*. It's not that old is it? Upper 40's to low 50's is what I'm seein. :happy1: Be safe, have fun, & leave some :fish2: for seed. :cool: :smiley:
:happy1: :happy1: thanks.....gettin pretty antzy!!!!! other then a quick trip, like go there load a few things and head back home right before new years its been since the 2nd weekend in dec since i spent any time there. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and just think!!  just how quiet these sites are going to be the few days!!!!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
and just think!!  just how quiet these sites are going to be the few days!!!!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :smiley:  Yeah, his 2 best buddies  :tut: & :mooning: probably are gonna even get lonely.  :pouty: ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
his dogs won't even miss him!!!!!  they got their couch to sleep on!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Couch?! He was yakking they sleep in his bed!!!  :doah: