Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635596 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so, while i was up at the cabin i tried just fishing off the dock a few times. nuttin. tuesday nite  i walked down to the dock and i finally noticed what appeared to be small fish hitting the top maybe chasing bugs. i had already loaded my fishing stuff in the car and had no desire to possibly clean fish so i decided another day. so the migration to shallow waters might start soon.

i walked down to the little lake behind us. seen a couple loons across the lake frolicking like love sic teenagers, or reb and the NL!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: along the shoreline i could see 2 trumpeter swans sitting there motionless, almost like they were protecting a nest. :scratch: :scratch: pretty fun to watch!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There was bunch of minnows at the mouth of the channel by the little bridge by us Tuesday when I was down there, 51* surface temps too. A couple days of decent weather & I would think they'd be using it. Pretty shallow & very clear water so they'd be pretty spooky. Seen a couple different colored ducks, black & white body with a orangish brown head chasin a female around out in front of our place this am too.
« Last Edit: May 05/10/19, 06:52:41 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So how old are these people Gunner?  L. :mooning:  Is she hot? 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: good 1, LPS. Ya got me, so I had to fix it. :bonk: I was hopin 1 of you bird guys could tell me what kind of DUCK they are. Neighbors said that they're called "whistlers" sometimes.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Goldeneyes then.  They come up early.  Orangeish brown head may be a Redhead.  As in duck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: all you old retired guys ALWAYS got your mind in the gutter?????????? :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Goldeneyes then.  They come up early.  Orangeish brown head may be a Redhead.  As in duck.
Looks more like they're Goldeneyes to me. :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: May 05/11/19, 06:58:20 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was hoping some of them would nest in one of my wood duck boxes. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see why, pretty  :cool: lookin birds for a duck. EZ to tell when 1 takes off flyin with that different sound they make. I think the new neighbor, actually the oldest son of the previous couple, put up a wood duck house down by their dock. Him & his boy like to hunt ducks.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have some wood ducks in my water filled gully but the must have found somewhere else to nest.  Maybe a hole in a tree.  ??

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: BRUDDER must not be having much luck fishing??? or he'd a rubbed it in already texting me pictures!!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: Wonder WHO he learned that from? :rolleyes: ;) :laugh: How long is he stayin? He must not like goin to Bowstring then :scratch: as the PA on CR 35 was packed by 8:30 Sunday. Bet there was 60 rigs there already as they were parked everywhere but on the blacktop. :crazy: Tim over at the store had just finished getting more bait when we got there. He said he talked to a few & a lot of 'em had their limit in an hour, 1 even told him 20 minutes. They were all like your  :fish2: though...............................small. ;) :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont ever recall him fishing the Bow during soft water. he likes sand. then he ventures to other lakes.

he didnt learn  that from me......more like the other way around as i'm an alter boy compared to him!!!!!! :smoking: :happy1: :rotflmao:

oh and your small fish comment............................. :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The few times we've been out the last couple days all the boats been movin around a lot.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my brudder sent me a text tonight that really sucked. there is a little lake we fish norderns on, he and his kid between opener week and this past weekend spent roughly 8 hours trolling...…….and nary a strike. :doah: :censored: :cry: :cry: :banghead:

they think it froze out. I went up there first weekend in may, didn't smell dead fish and didn't see dead fish??????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked the weather this morning & a Frost Advisory popped up for Spring Lake. :scratch: Not sure but thought it was for last night. :confused: Just looked again & it expires at 8:00 & sayin it's 45* up there already. Plenty of those lakes around, just gonna have to find another 1.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm sure a lot of those small lakes took a beating up there this winter. Glenn have you ever gone over to East by you?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
my brudder sent me a text tonight that really sucked. there is a little lake we fish norderns on, he and his kid between opener week and this past weekend spent roughly 8 hours trolling...…….and nary a strike. :doah: :censored: :cry: :cry: :banghead:

they think it froze out. I went up there first weekend in may, didn't smell dead fish and didn't see dead fish??????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
  :scratch: What did it smell like? :confused: Morey's? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: What did it smell like? :confused: Morey's? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:confused: :party1: training-087 :taz: :taz:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm sure a lot of those small lakes took a beating up there this winter. Glenn have you ever gone over to East by you?
merc, thats exactly the lake I speak of. Been great little lake for us for alot of years.

BUT DONT TELL ANYONE!! :confused: :tut: :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 05/28/19, 11:36:59 AM by glenn57 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
merc, thats exactly the lake I speak of. Been great little lake for us for alot of years.

let it Merc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

TOO LATE!! ;)  :laugh: Already looked it up, I see why you like it.  :happy1: You can almost walk to it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea but unless you have a 12 or 14 ft boat you can throw in the back of a truck you ain't getting on. And after July last year that didn't work either the water was that low.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

let it Merc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea but unless you have a 12 or 14 ft boat you can throw in the back of a truck you ain't getting on. And after July last year that didn't work either the water was that low.
A lot more water this year but if no  :fish2: I won't be going.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not even with this high water Gunner!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That's OK as I've usually got all the water I need just down the steps. We don't usually fish anywhere else very often anyway. URL once in a while or Winnie/Cutfoot at The Gap in the fall is about it. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
if you happen to go on a road trip or a tour go check it out someday. its up 29 from our place a mile or so. before you take the corner there is a road to the right, down that.

i happen to be going to grand rapids tomorrow to get signatures on a new agreement, then Duluth. i happen to drive right past he DNR office so i will be stopping in and personally talking to them, if they even know.

i'm sure with my charming personality they'll get right on it!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :smoking: :smoking:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
if you happen to go on a road trip or a tour go check it out someday. its up 29 from our place a mile or so. before you take the corner there is a road to the right, down that.

i happen to be going to grand rapids tomorrow to get signatures on a new agreement, then Duluth. i happen to drive right past he DNR office so i will be stopping in and personally talking to them, if they even know.

i'm sure with my charming personality they'll get right on it!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :smoking: :smoking:
:scratch: :doah: :rolleyes: :laugh: :happy1: When I looked(dnr lakefinder) the other day I thought it was just east of you on 4 but now I see it's not, but just north of you. Checked the the 10 day for up there & it looks like it's finally going to warm up with most of the daytime highs in the 70's for the next couple weeks. :happy1: That should help get the bite going. :smiley: Bet it's gonna be a good year for skeets too! :sad:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea its north of us towards wirt.