Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635797 times)

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenn, I don't know a whole lot but I know Bow has 10" of ice with 6 to 8 inches of snow on the ice according to Bowstring Shores. Smaller lakes sound like some slush but don't know how much. I'm supposed to go up Monday but with the highs in the single digits not sure. Will find out tomorrow what my buddy wants to do. I will let you know if we go and what we find.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
If merc's info is right along with what Sundin says in the new fishing reports thread that the small lakes have more snow on them because the wind didn't blow it off. More snow = more slush, at least right now. Of the people we know up there now hardly any ice fish, but if I was a gamblin man I'd say if Bow has 6-8 " of snow your little lake has at least 2", to maybe 4" more. Maybe Kettle will post about what he finds this weekend over on FM, it seems like he fishes mostly the smaller lakes in our area.
« Last Edit: December 12/13/19, 05:19:09 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
thanks guys!!!!!!  all i can say based on what i seen the 3rd weekend of deer hunting there was maybe 6 inches, but no more then that, of snow on land and the lake didnt have any snow on it. what happened after that....well its mixed reports.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so, according to the DNR website snow cover up there is right around 12-15 inches of snow.  :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
What I seen of the radar early this AM, they got some more today. No idea how much. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I got a couple people I am going to call when it gets closer. iffin I gotta pay it myself to get plowed out so be it. i'll pay him again to put all the snow back in the road.

there take that!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :bs: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well, we decided to go up Monday so being the super nice guy I am I will give you a report when we get back. The things I do in life to be nice to Glenn I will never figure out.    :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, we decided to go up Monday so being the super nice guy I am I will give you a report when we get back. The things I do in life to be nice to Glenn I will never figure out.    :rotflmao:

now dats funny!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

hurry back!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

awe go to bed...... :pouty: :tut: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil:
« Last Edit: December 12/13/19, 08:26:02 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
                         :popcorn:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

awe go to bed...... :pouty: :tut: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil:

I did and slept good too!!!   thanks!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been really studyin those webcams up there, yea there's snow but it really doesn't look like its undoable??????????? :scratch: :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
MERC, I'd suggest reading kettle's post. :bs: :surrender: wasn't good.  It made up my mind I'm not going up new year's. :confused: :angry2: :angry:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there sure isn't a lot of activity out of Geiger's per there webcam?????????

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Rain nor sleet nor snow will keep me away. Now my buddy, that may be different. I guess I will leave it up to him as he is going to drive.     :undecided:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Rain nor sleet nor snow will keep me away. Now my buddy, that may be different. I guess I will leave it up to him as he is going to drive.     :undecided:
well iffin ya cant get passed Hayslips………. weather is always good in there!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy crap, just looked at the weather forecast for up there. :doofus: -33 below tonight.  :doofus: :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
well iffin ya cant get passed Hayslips………. weather is always good in there!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Bet they're already warmin up his barstool.  :laugh:;)

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You know all the years I've driven by that place I always told my fishing buddies, we should stop in there once and see what it's like. Maybe my next trip!! Think anyone will believe this story?    :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You know all the years I've driven by that place I always told my fishing buddies, we should stop in there once and see what it's like. Maybe my next trip!! Think anyone will believe this story?    :scratch:
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: NOPE. not a chance. :tut: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:doah: :bonk: :tut: :tut: :crazy: NO!!!! ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
A guy can't get away with anything on here.   :rotflmao: 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like somebody :scratch: had ideas of maybe walkin out at Geiger's but thought better of it after only getting 5-10' out there. :bonk: Some different lookin tracks on the other cam too, 2 of 'em look like they might go right through the Narrows. :bonk: That's  :crazy: as nobody usually ever goes through there, way too much current. Not sure where they get on but all the traffic over there always comes from the west side on that 1.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea most those tracks werent there yesterday evening, so that all had to happen today!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like fresh Otter sled tracks out of Geiger's now. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the first 2 cams on the williams narrows cams didnt have those tracks this morning...............AND they look awefully wet. :pouty: :confused: :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I only looked at the West facing 1 & it was hard to tell what made them. :scratch: Kind of looked like it might've been cross country ski's to me. :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the Geiger cam looks like there's been some foot traffic along shore, looks also like that path out on the lake got filled with snow, but i still dont see anything for shelters out farther.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Can you post that cam link?