Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635282 times)

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok, fishwidow/fishwidow1 here. 100% male. The username came from my wife responding to a for sale item on HSO.  I responded to an ad later and just kept the name since I am not a frequent poster. The guy that I responded to was also confused, since I told him I would buy his portable, but when he called and I answered, he was obviously expecting a woman. He asked to speak to fishwidow and I said I am fishwidow, he paused and said “Oh”. I told him I was headed out of town and would pick up the house on Monday, he said, “That’s ok. I’ll sell it to someone else.”  I don’t have much luck trying to buy stuff for sale on outdoor websites.

Anyway, Glen, I’m not northwest of Grand Rapids, I’m a few miles east of 38. A couple inches of snow today,  but it’s colder and the snow today is dry and lighter.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Sure hope you have a lot of time & patience if your going to try & help us straighten glenn out. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Some of us have been tryin for years. :bonk:  :pouty: :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: Sure hope you have a lot of time & patience if your going to try & help us straighten glenn out. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Some of us have been tryin for years. :bonk:  :pouty: :crazy:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: never gonna happen!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok, fishwidow/fishwidow1 here. 100% male. The username came from my wife responding to a for sale item on HSO.  I responded to an ad later and just kept the name since I am not a frequent poster. The guy that I responded to was also confused, since I told him I would buy his portable, but when he called and I answered, he was obviously expecting a woman. He asked to speak to fishwidow and I said I am fishwidow, he paused and said “Oh”. I told him I was headed out of town and would pick up the house on Monday, he said, “That’s ok. I’ll sell it to someone else.”  I don’t have much luck trying to buy stuff for sale on outdoor websites.

Anyway, Glen, I’m not northwest of Grand Rapids, I’m a few miles east of 38. A couple inches of snow today,  but it’s colder and the snow today is dry and lighter.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: sweet....I make it to rapids once in a while. I visit the ASV/TEREX  faculity in rapids.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah FW, we're up there at least 8-9 months a year now. Grandparents bought a place a over by Inger & not far from Lakewood Lodge back in the fall of '63. Glenn is only 8-10 miles NE of us up by Spring Lake. We usually make 1 trip a week to GR for supplies, nice town. Been going back up just after New Years the last few years but probably won't be this year.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Just got back from  Laughlin for five days. Was cold and windy out there too. I checked Bowstring Shores cam and it is solid slush out front. Looks like fishing is done until the big thaw in spring. Sucks, two years in a row of having my yard plowed and can't fish.    :angry:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I cant get there cam to come up...………... :confused: :confused:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
It's on their facebook page for now.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just looked at the 1 at WN & those 2 skidhouses along with a porty on Bobber's cam over there. There's 2 close to shore on that point a ways north on the west cam over there too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from  Laughlin for five days. Was cold and windy out there too. I checked Bowstring Shores cam and it is solid slush out front. Looks like fishing is done until the big thaw in spring. Sucks, two years in a row of having my yard plowed and can't fish.    :angry:
so Merc, your snow plow guy just automatically plow out when it snows or you gotta call him?! We call our guy, but it didn't happen last year, and highly doubtful it will happen this year also.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We went to Laughlin a couple of years ago and want to go back. 

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I go to Laughlin too much but it breaks up the winters. I like it, really laid back as most of the people down there are older snow birds. Glenn, I have him keep my yard open all winter. I can't find anyone that wants to do it when the snow gets too deep. To hard on there equipment is the reason. It's really hard to find someone to plow so I just keep him and pay and pay. Usually it's not a problem as I go up a lot but the last two winters now sucks.     :sad:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I go to Laughlin too much but it breaks up the winters. I like it, really laid back as most of the people down there are older snow birds. Glenn, I have him keep my yard open all winter. I can't find anyone that wants to do it when the snow gets too deep. To hard on there equipment is the reason. It's really hard to find someone to plow so I just keep him and pay and pay. Usually it's not a problem as I go up a lot but the last two winters now sucks.     :sad:
h i know the feeling!!!!!!!!!!! i might actually have to figure out the chain and other lakes around home!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

hey Merc, where do you fly out of???  St. Cloud??
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Mike, most of my trips are out of either St. Cloud or Brainerd. I have flown out of a half of dozen other locations just for something different but in winter I don't want to drive too far anymore.    :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks I might have to look into that!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, most of my trips are out of either St. Cloud or Brainerd. I have flown out of a half of dozen other locations just for something different but in winter I don't want to drive too far anymore.    :happy1:
you got some "sweetie" on the hook down there??????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
secret honeymoon!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
secret honeymoon!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

nope just me to to do some thing different maybe!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Buy a picnic ham?  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Looks like some fresh tracks goin out Geiger's, could be yday's. Thought I seen some lights over in front of Co Rd 35 access too. :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just looked to..........UFFDA it looks pretty soggy out on front geigers!!!!!!!!! :confused:

how can you see the cty 35 access from geigers!!!!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bonk: Can't really :doofus:, I just seen some lights a little north & quite a bit east of their(TE's) landing. I've seen some activty in that area before quite often & I'm just guessing that it's the area straight out from the other access that gets a lot of action this time of year. There's been a few houses over there in the past & usually a bunch of porties, 'specially weekends.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
we did really good one year straight out from the 35 access. we lined up a blue greenish boat house and found 26 ft of water and got some dandy crappies......and walleyes........... but had to put them back as that was after season closed. :pouty: :pouty:

i had my camera down...........seen a monster pike!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like a feller standing by one of the fishouses on the view from bobbers bar view!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen that yday mornin to. Looks like a portable way off in the distance today on the west cam over there.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
A monster pike in Bow? Must have been too much Mich Golden.     :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A monster pike in Bow? Must have been too much Mich Golden.     :rotflmao:
hey.all dem little snot rockets gotta come from somewhere!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao:

and maybe!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :toast: :toast: