Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 645567 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Careful, we do have a couple of chain saws & might have time to put a blockade on a certain part of Dallas Lane. :moon: I'm sure the DNR won't care. ;) :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: have at tit, i'll have a chainsaw in the truck...……...wanna cut some firewood myself when i'm up there and right on the road would be ideal!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: How much you do you need? :sleazy: :evil:                                     ;) ;D ;D

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Truck load. Split it to would ya!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Truck load. Split it to would ya!! :happy1: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :doah: :laughroll: I see the there's a critical fire weather warning up there today, so you shouldn't need that much. :confused: A lot more open water on the east side of the narrows today & the west side has started following the shoreline north more too. Bet that opens up in the next 2-3 days. A little more in front Geiger's as well.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that's for today only for now. we have the warning here to. looks like the weather could get interesting later.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Their 10 day has a chance (40%) of snow showers tomorrow & a better chance of rain Thursday pm & then a smaller chance for Friday am again.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:i'll be leaving Friday morning. I can work outside in between whatever mother nature gives me. besides I got letters to distribute. :sleazy: :sleazy: :rolleyes: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So, all your neighbors  :doofus: can read?  ;) :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: So, all your neighbors  :doofus: can read?  ;) :laugh:  :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :banghead:

pretty sure there not from Iowa!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bonk:  :banghead: I forgot they must be pretty sharp :scratch:, 'cause they know enough to hide when they know your around. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:bonk:  :banghead: I forgot they must be pretty sharp :scratch:, 'cause they know enough to hide when they know your around. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd:
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: AND just the way I like it!!!!!! :evil: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ya know, actually there is a group of 3 cabins that are all together. I know of 3 different people who have went there and knocked on the door to talk to them when they know full well there in the cabin and they wont answer there door. :doah:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: From what I know of that bunch :evil: you have up there I can't say I blame 'em.  ;) :rolleyes: ;D ;D The Narrows opened up big time yday with that wind, it all could be open be the end of today.
« Last Edit: April 04/21/20, 08:36:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like they took all the precip out of the fcast for the end of the week up there now.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: From what I know of that bunch :evil: you have up there I can't say I blame 'em.  ;) :rolleyes: ;D ;D The Narrows opened up big time yday with that wind, it all could be open be the end of today.
:tut: :tut: :tut: yea well I assure you it isn't us going over to visit. one was the guy that plowed them out this winter looking for payment, the other was another guy that plowed the  used to plow out the main road wanting to chew there  :moon: for  ripping up the main road with 4 wheelers. so......... :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like they took all the precip out of the fcast for the end of the week up there now.
I seen that yesterday...……….. :happy1: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :party1: so you'll need to work on another conspiracy!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: :tut: yea well I assure you it isn't us going over to visit. one was the guy that plowed them out this winter looking for payment, the other was another guy that plowed the  used to plow out the main road wanting to chew there  :moon: for  ripping up the main road with 4 wheelers. so......... :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:shocked: :scratch: Sounds like you've been givin 'em  :evil: lessons. :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: naw…..we like to avoid them like the corona!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Open water to the west as far as the eye could see @ the Hwy 46, Mosomo Pt/Cutfoot bridge this AM. To the east it was open in front of the resort, Cutfoot Sioux Inn, right up to the point where it goes back into Little Cutfoot & in a normal year that's where they set the nets to take spawn. Some, ~ 5', open water along our shore. The channel just down road that goes to Portage is clear too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it will sure be interesting to see what we have for snowbanks left in the yard tomorrow morning!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

gunner messing around outside did you notice if the frost was out????? with the early snow I cant believe there was much to begin with anyway???????
« Last Edit: April 04/23/20, 08:36:02 AM by glenn57 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
lot of open water on the narrows cams. it looks like the ice pushed up a little on the geigers cam. from the geigers cam looks like it may take a while for the ice to go away yet  :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a fence post in the ground to mark a spot where we put a clothesline that we take down in the winter, it came out easy today. It wasn't in very far though, < 1'. We had a little snow on both sides of the garage in a couple spots that don't get much sun. Both gone next day after 10 minutes with a shovel.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  Not sure but thought :scratch: I heard some sirens up on you know who's :evil: end of the lake this morning. :tut: :pouty:                                 ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well another successful trip to the northland. I got all my go get"em letters out to each cabin/place on the lake. there where eagles all over. wind was coming out of  the NW so when I was across the lake I could smell dead fish. lot of dead fish along the shorelines.

lake was mostly still ice covered when I got there Friday at 10 am, just a few open spots, but man it went fast. north wind pushed any ice up against the point by us and was gone sat by noon. kind of odd we spent out honeymoon at the cabin 30 years ago and seen the ice go out then too! :happy1:

split hauled and stacked wood...…i aint as young as i used to be.  :banghead: or its from being pretty out of shape from the winter. :pouty: all bearings, tires and batteries up to snuff. had to bring the new Yamaha 4 wheeler home, there is a recall on the fuel pump.

yesterday after noon took a little wheeler ride........... holy hannah did they do some serious logging back where we had a bait station.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ice must be out on the entire lake as a bigger jon boat just came in at the resort around noon & it said sherriff on it so they must of been out putting the "No wake" bouys out. Our bay was open Sunday by ~ 2 or 3. Thought about runnin over to there & lettin them know that the 1 :evil: causin all the ruckus had went back home, just in case though. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ice must be out on the entire lake as a bigger jon boat just came in at the resort around noon & it said sherriff on it so they must of been out putting the "No wake" bouys out. Our bay was open Sunday by ~ 2 or 3. Thought about runnin over to there & lettin them know that the 1 :evil: causin all the ruckus had went back home, just in case though. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
why was Merc up there too?????????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
why was Merc up there too?????????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  :rolleyes: :bonk: Not that I know of but I did hear em  askin if anybody could see a white chevy :evil: over here though. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: no wonder they never found me, I had the truck. :mooning: :mooning: