Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635534 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: why do you think I go across, your gang usually aren't there!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Been getting a few crappies & occasionally a nice sunny/bluegill ever since the surface temps got back close to 70*here. :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gunner..........have you heard anything if there has been any bites on someone buying the bowstring store?????

wonder why there selling?????????? i talked to the gal there around new years, she seemed to be a bit tired of not finding help!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Asked Tim 'bout it & he said that they've been there almost 20 years & are just getting tired of it. A lot like farmin he said in that they have to be there everyday. Besides their boys are old enough now that they have quite a few grandkids they'd like to be able to spend more time with. He does a lot of stuff on the side in order to make some extra $ so it'd be pretty tough to have just the store for income IMO.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just the 1 older lady who lives nearby & she only works 1 day a week when they go to town for supplies , I think. :scratch: Plus 1 or 2 of the boy's wives fill in here & there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Asked Tim 'bout it & he said that they've been there almost 20 years & are just getting tired of it. A lot like farmin he said in that they have to be there everyday. Besides their boys are old enough now that they have quite a few grandkids they'd like to be able to spend more time with. He does a lot of stuff on the side in order to make some extra $ so it'd be pretty tough to have just the store for income IMO.
yea pretty much what i was thinking.

just like the turtle lake store. my brother must of talked to the couple that owns it. thye told him they both work away from the store but have someone to basicly run the store. quess after the smoke clears they usually net 20 grand a year!!!!!!

on the other hand, since there are new owners at hayslips, that place seems to be busier then i've seen it in years!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen a bunch of red on some of the Maples along CR 35 yday on our way back from gettin the paper, they were all on the north side of the road over by all the resorts on Bowstring. Quite a few of our Ash & Birch along the drive have been shedding leaves for most of the last week too. Pretty early!! :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen a bunch of red on some of the Maples along CR 35 yday on our way back from gettin the paper, they were all on the north side of the road over by all the resorts on Bowstring. Quite a few of our Ash & Birch along the drive have been shedding leaves for most of the last week too. Pretty early!! :crazy:
yea a huge lack of rain will do that.  :pouty: :pouty:

maybe thats why your able to catch a few more fish..... :sleazy: they have less places to go!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao:

sorryu......Mikey said i should say that!!!!!!! :smoking: i wouldnt think of it!!!!! :angel: :angel: :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
damn....just looked at the long range forecast for up there  :shocked: looks like i wont need to pack shorts!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: You got THE QUESTION from the wife yet? :rolleyes:  :doah:                  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
damn....just looked at the long range forecast for up there  :shocked: looks like i wont need to pack shorts!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

dressing like bigfoot!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: You got THE QUESTION from the wife yet? :rolleyes:  :doah:                  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :doofus: that's a pretty open question. :confused: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Probably wanna bring some rain gear though!!  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:                ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
YES BOAR.....  I caught these  :mooning:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
YES BOAR.....  I caught these  :mooning:
:scratch: I'd of thrown them back. :pouty:                   :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                        ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
First, you'd have to catch one that big!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh nummy!!!  :hubba: Perfect eaters!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh nummy!!!  :hubba: Perfect eaters!
:happy1: :happy1: yeppers..........Y-boned them out. Y-bone is in the pickling batch!!!!!!

had o good time up therewith wifey and friends of ours. we went to a sunfish lake.......only got 22 but i wasnt much interested in more sunfish so i wanted to a seek and search mission.

the pike you see pictured came from a lake i've fished before but havent been on in a lotta years and had the bug to try it again.  these fish were nice chunky fish.

then we hit up another lake and got a batch of smoming and picklin nords!!!!!!!! of course we had several  :toast: and  :campfire: up there!!!!!!

the maple trees where really changing colors and dropping leaves.............not many other trees changing yet.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: :doah:  :moon: Seen 2 > 26" in the last 2 seasons & they're both still swimmin. Easier to find 9-10" gills & 13-15" crappies here.  :sleazy: I don't keep many of those either :tut:, I usually keep the little ones just like you. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                         ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: :doah:  :moon: Seen 2 > 26" in the last 2 seasons & they're both still swimmin. Easier to find 9-10" gills & 13-15" crappies here.  :sleazy: I don't keep many of those either :tut:, I usually keep the little ones just like you. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                         ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
What'd ya catch the nords on? (Lure, funny guy)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Must be ALL THE HOT AIR up there!  ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: As we have a lot of yellow leaves here, some orange too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
PB????   :nerd: :whistling:             

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i had really good luck with a black daredevil with an orange stripe!!!!!!!! it is what i caught them 2 on!!

another good daredevil up there is the hammered orange, but a nord broke on of the trebles!!!!!! :pouty: :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Ya, they like those! I've had really good luck with a green with black stripes old Lazy Dazy from the 60's...got an entire set of those that were my Dad's. Rippin' 'em fast thru the weeds always got a hit. Caught all the ones in avatar pic on that one. Don't use 'em anymore; now a keepsake. Plus, they sell for some pretty good $$ to collectors!  :shocked:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner, Merc.........how are the leaves on the underbrush up there???? wondering if that under brush has dropped leaves or not???????

headed up tuesday or wed next week!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: Been too busy with the ones that come off the tall things to care. :nerd:................. ;) :laugh: :laugh: Been messin with those almost daily. Had some light mist when a went for my walk, that turned into a light steady rain by the time I got back here. A little wind & look out.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Forgot to mention in the GM thread that I talked to the old boy from DR that has a place over by the NW access on Bowstring & said that I noticed that they had 1 of their Eskimo augers in their ad. He pointed to a whole display that they had out already & said he had started to set up all the ice fishing stuff. No tents yet, that was all still portable blinds.