Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 645573 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
No life anywhere I looked today & the wheelhouse is gone. Looks like a small trail goin SW on BShores cam to me today too.
yea i'm betting the -25 up there had something to do with it!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well wanderer over on FM is up on Winnie, south end and said it was -34 this morning. :cold: :cold:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the people that live over on the west shore where there was a resort at 1 time told the woman that was asking about ice thickness recently to not be surprised if they see some flooding when they cut their holes because of all the snow. He said they had 16" in the last 2 storms & about 12" of ice. He didn't say he'd been out & had any flooding though. Somebody posted that they'd found 16" in our bay.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
guess i'll find out soon enough. i've been cipherin all day  what i was gonna do, trying to figure out how warm it would be depending on when i leave. decoded it to think if i leave by 10-11 i'll get here in daylight and still have plenty of time to do things and get the cabin warm enough to hit the sack.

i have a nipco heater up there just for times like this!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Geigers posted today and said 17" of ice and nine miles of road plowed on the lake so far.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Geigers posted today and said 17" of ice and nine miles of road plowed on the lake so far.
was there any mention of slush?? I didn't see any looking at the webcams.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
They didn"t  mention any thing about slush.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: da truck is loaded and warming up. Take off is soon.  :toast:  :Fish: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You be careful up there.  Are you leaving Shadow at home?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
best load more brandy and beer!!!   have fun!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Made it to deer river. -1 living the dream. A stop at the bowstring store for minners and it's game on starting tomorrow. might even get the houses on the lakes yet today.

Yea shadow is at home wife said he threw a fit when I left and is still whining. :rotflmao:

Oh I got plenty of refreshments. And talmoon is only 7 miles.

Haven't seen any signs of slush on the lakes I drove by. The snowmobiles have been busy

Bet I've seen 125 wheelhouses headed south.
« Last Edit: January 01/02/22, 02:01:36 PM by glenn57 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Day 1 in the books. :happy1: looking for smokers, the 22 and under. Had one a good 30 in my spearhole 5 times he's still swimming. :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I don't see any harpoon marks, you catch those or just scare 'em to death? :confused:                 ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I don't see any harpoon marks, you catch those or just scare 'em to death? :confused:                 ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

look closer to the top nord..  harpoon marks...   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good chow! A lot of fun fishing with your friends too!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
da nords got harpoon marks, crappies don't. :sleazy: rope ain't long enough. :rotflmao:

Roony, yep fishing with my friends. :happy1: :rotflmao: beer and brandy. :smoking: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Thought you & crappies was a lot like you & walleyes :confused:............................ you didn't catch ANY because you didn't :fish2: 'em.  :rolleyes: Story was they don't taste good :bs: but I think they're just a lot harder for you to catch compared to them nords & sunnies you usually chase.  :sleazy: :nerd: :doah: :evil:            ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 01/05/22, 07:51:46 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Meh, never said I didn't like fishing them. :mooning:  wild game feed on the horizon. :sleazy:

Why would I fish for species I'm not fond of eating

Don't think we got near the snow they predicted but it sure is windy. Took one house off last night. One more later. Decided I'm done
Heading home tomorrow.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Never even thought about the wild game feed, you usually do. :doah: I checked early yday & TWC was saying 3-5" then. Just looked again & they are still sayin another 2" possible by the time their WWA is over at 3. Did wonder if you might not be pullin the plug on this trip though :confused: with what the forecast is for up there. I'm seein 4 out the next 5 days being below 0.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just peeked at the snow map mikey gave us the link to & it says 3" in Bemidji & 4" in Chisolm in the last 24 hrs. That's as close as I could find.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I got fish. Don't need to fill the truck up.

Yea when I see -20 nowadays I'm outta here, that's tomorrow night. I'd leave today after I get my house off but I'll let them clean up the roads some. Not that it will matter much.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Bemidji radio station just said -25 tomorrow night.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked early & MNDOT said Hwy 6 from Cohassett south wasn't in the best shape.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Doesn't surprise me much. Road from here to talmoon and the deer river shortcut usually suck to.

I can't imagine it being much worse than the last time I was here, when it rained first. :confused: :confused:

Well fishhouses are off the lake.  :happy1: not bad up here by the cabin in the woods but damn get out in the open on the lake but the wind is whipping.

Oh well it's beer thirty!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: by the way. At -4 how long will it take for a case of really good beer to get cold enough to drink.  :sleazy: :mooning: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: by the way. At -4 how long will it take for a case of really good beer to get cold enough to drink.  :sleazy: :mooning: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
'bout as long as a case of cheap beer.   :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: da beer is just right. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just opened one here too.. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mn DOT says the roads are much better today except for a couple spots down around Brainerd. Safe travels, bud.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mn DOT says the roads are much better today except for a couple spots down around Brainerd. Safe travels, bud.
well the DOT DONT know Jack!!🥴 :confused: :tut:

Well hoping our new member pipes in tonight. :happy1: lives in sartell, grew up in deer river, married a gal from sand lake area.  Know her family!!
« Last Edit: January 01/06/22, 01:49:24 PM by glenn57 »