Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 645624 times)

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Ya forget to add

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ya forget to add
don't you got a bottle of jack to tend to! :pouty: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yep, and its half empty already.
Gotta pick on ya 57, you make it sooo easy!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn good one!!!   Iowaboy!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, and its half empty already.
Gotta pick on ya 57, you make it sooo easy!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: it's OK, I fight back  :sleazy: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: my brother texted me yesterday said there 3 more inches of ice then 3 weeks ago on the lake he is on!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

but he's as full of  :bs: :bs: as most you guys!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: so don't know if i believe him or not. :doah: :scratch:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So JB what do you have for ice?  Getting anything?  Fish I mean.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   Say hi to your wife. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I measured 15.5" of ice last night when I moved my house to fresh ice. Little slower this morning. Had 3 this morning. Came in for lunch and working on taxes.  :puke: I will go back out for evening and try to catch a couple more for supper.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
been keeping an eye on the webcams up there several times a day. lakes are void of any fishermen....even red. i know game fish season is closed but there are still crappies, sunfish and perch to chase.

wondering if the ice is getting that bad.  :scratch: :scratch: makes me believe the brother of mine was blowing smoke too. i usually get a few fish pictures but hat didnt happen either.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It looked like there was a tent & wheeler out ~ 75 yds or so from 35 PA on Bowstring when we went for a paper today. Big heave in front of the ramp though, so there's a spot 15-20' to the west that looks like is getting used. Probably somebody close by though :scratch: as there wasn't a vehicle in the lot. :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/10/24, 08:48:26 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I booked a cabin at Georgenes Haven for the weekend after opener on Bowstring. I really hope the lake is not to low, a couple years ago I had to run all the way down to the south end to launch.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That's not very far from us, 3-4 miles, maybe. :scratch: You coming up just for the weekend or staying all week? Would be fun to get together & have a couple cold ones, 1 day. :cool: Yeah, it's almost like going all the way to Deer River to get down to that south PA. I'm hoping for a wet Spring, but will be prepping an extra 10' of dock for use before we go home this time.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That's not very far from us, 3-4 miles, maybe. :scratch: You coming up just for the weekend or staying all week? Would be fun to get together & have a couple cold ones, 1 day. :cool: Yeah, it's almost like going all the way to Deer River to get down to that south PA. I'm hoping for a wet Spring, but will be prepping an extra 10' of dock for use before we go home this time.

Were coming up Friday and heading back Monday morning. We could certainly meet up and have a couple. Let's keep in touch on it.  ;)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Absolutely!!  :scratch: Think we should tell glenn?   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  He's only ~ 10 miles north of that, not sure if he's planning on being up here then though. He might have to work too. :rolleyes: :smiley:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: Absolutely!!  :scratch: Think we should tell glenn?   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  He's only ~ 10 miles north of that, not sure if he's planning on being up here then though. He might have to work too. :rolleyes: :smiley:
opening weekend........ my brother has the cabin that weekend!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the week after opener!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Why not we need somebody to pick on. If you guys want to head over to the cabin I will have enough beer on ice to cover it.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the week after opener!!
he's usually up there the full week....i'm going to be up that sat-sun or monday. he'll have maters for me!!!! i plan on staying the full week as my kids coming up for memorial weekend..... and he's gonna help me pressure wash the buildings!!! :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
the week after opener!!
:tut: Actually, the WEEKEND after opener is what John said in his OP. :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: March 03/11/24, 12:25:36 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the week after opener!!
:tut: Actually, the WEEKEND after opener is what John said in his OP. :rolleyes: :smiley:
:rotflmao: :happy1: well............. :sleazy: :evil: thats a good possibility !!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy crap..just seen on bring me the news a young gal from bigfork left home yestersay and hasnt been seen since!!!! :confused:

bigfoot????

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There was 3 trucks & trailers over at the resort when we came home. Still had 3 wheelers over there yet too & but there also looked to be 2 side by sides & 2 wheelers over on the west side of the bay too.
« Last Edit: March 03/12/24, 05:55:21 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't feel bad Glenn,  I ran into a good ol chum today. Catching up he's showing me fishing pics. Turns out he's a stabber also...so I let him have it..lol. just a little,  he picks n chooses what throws at also.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't feel bad Glenn,  I ran into a good ol chum today. Catching up he's showing me fishing pics. Turns out he's a stabber also...so I let him have it..lol. just a little,  he picks n chooses what throws at also.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: there are still some good guys out there!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :mooning: :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
damn.......i checked the webcams up there a bit ago.......boy did that ice take a hit yesterday!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Left here ~ 8 to go to town & there was 6 trucks with 5 trailers over at the resort, 1 was a good sized toyhauler that could easily fit a couple SXS's. The DNR has a small trailerhouse that they use when they are taking spawn over on Cutfoot & that was on the point where you go back into Little Cutfoot early today too. That's also where they set their nets & have their pens, so in order to keep the pelicans out of their pens they have people stay in that trailer at night, is what I've been told. I didn't notice this morning, but on the way home it looked like Little Cutfoot was close to wide open.  :shocked:
« Last Edit: March 03/13/24, 05:11:05 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: there setting up to milk walleyes already???? i would think  with the ice just going out the pike are about ready to spawn first????? :scratch: