Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: July 29th - 30th Oahe Fishing Report  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I guided a really nice group from down Omaha way for Spring Creek Marina to two day possession limits of walleye along with Smallmouth Bass, and some Catfish. Bill, Gary, and Anne were interested in trying for Salmon so we caught a limit of walleye on there 2nd. day by around 1 o'clock and then spent the rest of the day Salmon fishing to no avail. We caught two catfish 70 ft. down and had one other fish on but lost it. I think this has been the story on the salmon bite. One day you might get a couple, next day none. next day 3 etc, and is why I hardly ever go after them this year. I am just not hearing of any reliable bite for them. The conclusion I have come to is you better really want to catch a Salmon or just go walleye fishing. Granted I am not a salmon expert but I know guys that are and they are struggling too. Walleye bite is excellent with just about everybody doing limits. Fish were a little deeper today for us and we caught most of them in around 27 to 30 fow. We also caught bass that deep and lost a few hooks to Northern Pike. I am using bttmbouncers/crawlers with a plain hook but everything from leeches, creek chubs, minnows and pulling plugs and trolling spinners are methods that will work. Sharpe is going from Antelope creek down and boat ramp is now open at farm island park. Weather is just great but we could be getting a hot spell next week. As long as there is a breeze over the lake it isn't really bad though so until you hit land it is not as noticeable.

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch