Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO 2011 Ice fishing challenge Smackdown Thread.  (Read 114605 times)

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
Once this busy season of giving and taking and sick children passes.......I'll be able to help the Frozen Iceholes out and we are gonna start melting the ice from the heat of our fish laying on it....just sayin'. :woot:
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  Rumor has it that Wildlife has been very busy working on his new Trappers hat.  I think it's going to be a winner. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Good job to my team "ICE WALKERS"  :dancinred: it's look like we are at 56.75

DDS yes I have been biz making hats But now that Xmax is closes to being over we will go higher in fish size you can count on that My friend!!!

as I still have one that I have not post yet!!

One more thing DDS We will win this!!!

"ICE WALKER" Are In first Place

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i heard from a little mouse than wild is doing a kitty hat......is someone missing a kitty????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
i heard from a little mouse than wild is doing a kitty hat......is someone missing a kitty????

What!!  I have not seen DDS cat,,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
"ICE WALKERS" is now over 62 and we are just starting!!

"ICE WALKERS"
« Last Edit: December 12/20/11, 09:00:05 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:   My guess is 83-85 inches to win.  If I am correct you will need to upgrade at least 2 of your fish.  Anyone else want to take a guess on the winning total?
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Itll take less than that - I am thinking the winning team will have a 34" pike, 29" eye and a 12" perch.... so what is that.... 75".  I think if a team can get over that - they are in good shape!  My team is right on track - now we just need the pike and the bigger eye and we will be atop the leaderboard once again!
The view from the top was nice while it lasted!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I will say in the 80s  That Ice walkers are looking to hit,

DDS We will be upgrading fish from here on out!!!  :dancinred:

MTCOMMER That was a short time on the top and if you are looking at a 75 you will not be on top at the end!!!   :cry: :cry:

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
pike 35
wally 28
14 inch perch

77ish my team should have if i can do my job
« Last Edit: December 12/21/11, 08:00:39 PM by lentz »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  I think a 15-16 inch crappie will take the panny top spot.
« Last Edit: December 12/21/11, 08:33:26 PM by DDSBYDAY »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
So I have a ?
Why Is there no Biggest fish in all three categories at the bottom of lead board!!    :scratch:
« Last Edit: December 12/21/11, 08:38:28 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    :sorry:  I should have listened to you guys. 3 of our 4 leader board guys  have been hit by flying plastic lids and are incapacitated at the moment.  The 4th is under his bed trying to avoid being hit by a deadly cottage cheese lid.   I'm sure once all the sutures are placed and the protective gear updated there will  be a big fish listing.  Who, besides the "Ice Walkers", would have thought a plastic chip dip lid could be more deadly than a ninja star?   :doah:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    :sorry:  I should have listened to you guys. 3 of our 4 leader board guys  have been hit by flying plastic lids and are incapacitated at the moment.  The 4th is under his bed trying to avoid being hit by a deadly cottage cheese lid.   I'm sure once all the sutures are placed and the protective gear updated there will  be a big fish listing.  Who, besides the "Ice Walkers", would have thought a plastic chip dip lid could be more deadly than a ninja star?   :doah:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ya, Maybe you will renumber that next time If you have any leader board guys left!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Important Reminder for all Contestants in the MNO Ice fishing Challenge

We will have several contests throughout this challenge.  You must have a legal  posted fish to qualify for the contests.  Even if one of your teammates has posted a bigger fish you should post at least one legal fish.  It does not need to be an upgrade.  This will get you in the contests or drawings.  It only takes one fish to be eligible.  Good luck and be safe.
« Last Edit: December 12/22/11, 01:01:43 PM by DDSBYDAY »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

We will have several contests throughout this challenge.  You must have a legal  posted fish to qualify for the contests.  Even if one of your teammates has posted a bigger fish you should post at least one legal fish.  It does not need to be an upgrade.  This will get you in the contests or drawings.  It only takes one fish to be illegible.  Good luck and be safe.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

We will have several contests throughout this challenge.  You must have a legal  posted fish to qualify for the contests.  Even if one of your teammates has posted a bigger fish you should post at least one legal fish.  It does not need to be an upgrade.  This will get you in the contests or drawings.  It only takes one fish to be illegible.  Good luck and be safe.

Eligible or illegible, I can't keep up with all these rule changes..  :scratch:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
with this weather the ifc might be over

its not suppose to get below freezing in the 5 day forcast :(   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
lentz, get out of the twin citys and you will find safe ice to walk on ! this little contest is far from over !!!
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
lentz, get out of the twin citys and you will find safe ice to walk on ! this little contest is far from over !!!

You got one thing right, That this contest is far from over !!!

As I live two hour out of the city and the Ice is not safe to walk on, Thick is good but no snow and water on top dose not make it safe. But then That dose not stop me,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

But that dose not stop ICE WALKERS,, More photos and a higher sore ICE WALKERS will be going!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
wild, I'm sure glad your a dreamer !!!
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Iceman, I think it's time we slap these guys upside the head with some real fish.  I'll be hitting it this weekend.  :happy1:   Team Ice Toad Pluckers will be plucking toads from here on in. :dancinred:
« Last Edit: December 12/28/11, 12:45:27 PM by DDSBYDAY »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
wild, I'm sure glad your a dreamer !!!

Dreaming I think DDS is the dreamer I have fish to post you see!! My little one!!

But I still see ICE WALKERS at the top of the lead board,

:dancinred: ICE WALKERS  :dancinred:
If the weather open up the water will we call this MNO 2011 Ice open water fishing challenge
« Last Edit: December 12/28/11, 09:03:17 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
at least till i get my fish posted!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :Clap: :Clap:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
      The "Ice Toad Pluckers" have a minimum goal of being in third by the end of the weekend.  Top panny toad is getting plucked first. :taz: :taz:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
      The "Ice Toad Pluckers" have a minimum goal of being in third by the end of the weekend.  Top panny toad is getting plucked first. :taz: :taz:

:scratch: :scratch: Sound like I heard this before!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    These conditions are perfect for me.  I ice fish commando with no shelter most of the time.  You guys that have to stay warm and cozy are going to drop down the leader board.  If we can get a 12+ panny tomorrow,  we move on to the eye.  Enjoy your time at the top wildlife.  It will be short lived.  The ICE TOAD PLUCKERS are coming to a town near you!! :dancinred: :dancinred:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    These conditions are perfect for me.  I ice fish commando with no shelter most of the time.  You guys that have to stay warm and cozy are going to drop down the leader board.  If we can get a 12+ panny tomorrow,  we move on to the eye.  Enjoy your time at the top wildlife.  It will be short lived.  The ICE TOAD PLUCKERS are coming to a town near you!! :dancinred: :dancinred:

well I have not use a fish house yet, As to the shore live on the top, I think not  :moon: By the way I will be out this weekend to!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Lucky for you guys mother nature is not on Team Ice Toad Pluckers side.  The wind today will delay our take over of the first place spot.  Lack of ice has made it impossible to get to where I want to go.  Don't get to cozy.  We have lots of time left.  I believe we should still get to the third place spot by the end of the weekend.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
  Lucky for you guys mother nature is not on Team Ice Toad Pluckers side.  The wind today will delay our take over of the first place spot.  Lack of ice has made it impossible to get to where I want to go.  Don't get to cozy.  We have lots of time left.  I believe we should still get to the third place spot by the end of the weekend.

I have Monday off, It look like this will be all over by tonight, And when I get back will move up in the 70s  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

DDS we have list to you excuses to long now all summer I here the same thing, But the one thing that ever change was you on top of the lead board!!  Did not happen and will not happen :rotflmao: :rotflmao: