Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Important notice for all ice fishing competitors.  (Read 18821 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   Have a very happy thanksgiving.   :Turkey:

You will need a plastic cover from cottage cheese, butter, fake butter, sour cream.   It does not matter what was in the container.  The only thing that matters is that the cover is not clear.  .  It must be round and white.   The one in the pic is from a 16oz. sour cream container.  You will need to have this in every pic you submit in the ice fishing challenge  :Photography:.  Monday I will announce what will be written on it to make it the legal staple item.  :popcorn:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
« Last Edit: November 11/25/11, 08:31:36 AM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Seriously? What does a lid have to do with fishing,  :scratch:  and we have to wait a few more days for you to come up with writing for it? A white lid, that should show up real well on a snow or ice background..   :snow5: I know ice fishing is slow but just getting this contest started is going to take till ice out.. I for one am rapidly losing interest in it.  :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Seriously? What does a lid have to do with fishing
   Lids like this are handy for keeping the wax worms in a container.  I know it will show up just fine, and the contest doesn't start until Dec. 1st.  The way we are going we will be lucky to have fish-able ice by the 15th.  I announced the item early for the guys that don't buy wax worms in bulk. The wife, girlfreind, mother will likely have several dozen handy at anytime.  We will be underway soon. ;D ;D
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Nice choice of item! 

My guess is he is going to have us write "DDSBYDAY is the worlds greatest fisherman"
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :coffee: Ice fishing rod, Swedish pimple, ice strainer, pencil bobber, a mitten, Just a few ideas that won't blow away when you are trying to take a picture of a fish next to a ruler..   I am sure wax worms are great if you are fishing for bait  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
« Last Edit: November 11/25/11, 08:31:58 AM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline icebanger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I agree I really don't want to chase something across the lake...But that is DDS choice...That being said I'd like to thank you DDS after asking the Mrs if we had any lids I had to listen to her go on and on about how I make her throw everything she wants to keep away... :bonk: 

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   The lid stays.  If you don't use wax worms buy a bag of chips and some dip at the gas station.  As with anything else this contest requires you to be responsible for your own safety.  If you feel a helmet and face shield are warranted to protect yourself from flying lids then wear them. 

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Good choice DDS...Waa.waaa.waaaa :cry:. Looks like Wild. And Bobby are already making excuses for the   :moon:  kicking they will recieve in this challenge!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Come on guys, stop the crybaby stuff. Just nail it to a small block of wood in advance. That should take about a whole 10 seconds to drive one nail or apply a dab of glue.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
 :scratch: hhhhhmmmm....where have I seen this before?  ;D
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Oh, for cripes sake, put a lid on it! :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    We could always switch to the alternate item.  It wouldn't be flying around taking eyes out.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Went down to Main Street last night, figure it being turkey day would be a good time to find a lid. No one had them lids you talk about, only ones I could find you smoked. Ice fishing is slow enough with out smoking a lid..  :nerd:
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Hey BB  :cry:just look around for that lid from the tub of whoop  :moon: I poured on you.  that should work just fine.  In fact DDS should have a couple laying around too.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    We could always switch to the alternate item.  It wouldn't be flying around taking eyes out.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Come on guys, stop the crybaby stuff. Just nail it to a small block of wood in advance. That should take about a whole 10 seconds to drive one nail or apply a dab of glue.
Lee, I didn't know you were entered in the challenge.. guess you are kind of like a fan yelling at us players   :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Lee, I didn't know you were entered in the challenge.. guess you are kind of like a fan yelling at us players   :rotflmao:

Come on Bobby! You can speak plainer than that.

Meanwhile, I'm also a moderator and as so it's my responsibility to maintain peace amongst the citizens of this fine community. If I can help you with any other solutions to problems that you find difficult to grasp just let me know.

PS. The nail can be any color. :whistling:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     The official Staple item is a white lid with MNO IFC 2011 written on it.  It must be included in every fish picture submitted to the judges. It may be nailed to a block of wood.  You may set something on the edge such as a lighter, a brick or a car tire  to keep it from flying away.  It must be white.  All that matters is that it is in the picture with the fish.  Only fish with the item in the pic will be scored.  Good luck.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ok, being we are all having a hard time with with the staple item, I thought I'd lodge my concern.  What happens when we get to 2012?  Do we change the date?   :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     MNO IFC 2011 throughout the challenge.  You can put 2012 on it but your fish will not score.  The judges will be taking over in a couple of days.  I wouldn't suggest pi$$ing them off.   ;)

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I am glad that is all settled, I was sure worried about the writting on the lid as I did not want to get it confused with all the other white lids I carry out on the ice. :coffee: Do I have to use a 12oz lid or can I use the 24oz lid for bigger fish?  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Use the one you will least likely hurt yourself with.   ;D ;D

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
I couldn't find a white lid anywhere without throwing out some food. So I got to thinking. Whether I am in the open, in the Kenia, in the Voyager, or in the wheelhouse, I always have a bait puck full of Euro's in my pocket. So I took the label off the top of one, painted it white, and put the lettering on with black paint. It has the added benefit of being heavy enough that it's not going to blow away. I know it's not a molded white lid but it's still a white lid. Is this going to be legal?

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline kayakgal

• Outdoorsman
I'm sorry but a white lid isn't going to match the decor of my fishing house. I've spent countless hours making it all cutsy and while mauve or ecru would compliment my frilly curtains and throw pillows, a white lid with some ugly writing would be nothing short of an absolute eye sore. I suggest this one. I'm willing to whip up a few for my fellow fishing friends. Besides, do realize how gross a white lid with lips and guts would look by spring? ughhh

To fish is human, to throw back is divine.