Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Legislative Update from Bob Meier 3/7/12  (Read 1024 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Things are beginning to heat up on the hill as the first committee deadline is approaching next week.

To date the House has passed their Omnibus Game and Fish Bill (HF 2171) out of the Environment Committee and that bill is working through the process. The Senate will be marking up there bill tomorrow (3/8) which is SF 1943.

The Senate marked up there Omnibus Environment Policy Bill last week (SF 1830) and the House will be doing so tomorrow morning. The HF number for this bill is 2164. For a copy of the delete all amendment go to:

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/comm/docs/H2164DE1.pdf

Things will remain fluid over the course of the next several weeks. I will send out another update once the Omnibus bills are posted and we have a better idea of what is moving forward. To date there has been no mention of AIS or Game and Fish fee increases. Stay tuned……

As always if you have any questions about legislative issues please let me know. I can be reached at bob.meier@dnr.state.mn.us or by phone at 651-259-5024.

Make sure you get outside and enjoy our great states natural resources!

Bob

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!