Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: gps with lake maps  (Read 6358 times)

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 I want to buy a gps with a lake map that mounts on the handle bars of an atv. I have never owned a gps so thats why Im looking for some input. Thanks

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I have an older gps unit.  I think it is a garmin h2o with the lakemaster chip. A lot slower than the new ones but I don't think I would ever go icefishing without it.  No more drilling hundreds of holes looking for the edges of dropoffs.  One of my friends uses his eye phone with what he calls a lke app. Whatever that means. I'm pretty not tech savy. I still like to bring a compase when I am in new ares hunting
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

After fisshing devils lake last ice last spring I want one, Theres so much structure out there it would be nice to find water depth, and mark way points. Almost everybody out there with a four wheeler had one mounted on the handle bars.

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm going to use my iPhone with a app called navionics it has every lake map in the USA and as soon as there's ice going to test it out

App was 10 bucks but still I can study lake maps wherever I have Internet or wifi

Offline NephronRacing

• Outdoorsman
Navionics is a great little program.  I've used it for several years.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I'm going to try the phone app too but I'm going to get the USA and Canada for15bucks
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline 9MM

• Outdoorsman
Here's a link to a good youtube video of the app.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Tks for posting the link, helped me get more out of my app.  I have been using this all fall and winter.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I just actually downloaded this today!  Look forward to using it on some new lakes.  I didn't know you can see what OTHER PEOPLE have put in for fishing hot spots.  I looked at the lake I plan on trying tomorrow, and 2 different people have marked their crappie holes.  (of course the 2 spots that I saw on the map and was going to try...)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
You don't have to let others see but that is an option.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
spearfoot, i dont know much about them but I feel garmin is the leader is gps units
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   I really like my Garmin Colorado.  I do have a hard time with the small screen size.   :nerd:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Is navionics the one to use?
 I heard the price for download went up considerably. Any current feedback on this product is greatly appreciated.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Ive downloaded the navionices app, in my mind its ok for 15 bucks on my phone. I dont feel you can zoom in as much as I can with my lowrance H20. I tried it out on Leech for eelpout fest, the guide that plowed us a spot said that the front of my house is 16 ft an the rear of my house is in 19-20 ft. according to my phone he was right on. Yhe omly thing I dont like is its more pixilated than a good gps unit, dont know if thats the phone or the download. Im still gona invest in a new hand held unit my H20 wont last for ever.
78.50"

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Funny this just popped up. I just downloaded the navionics app to my iPhone. Price was $10 bucks. I was on a lake recently with Wyofish and his phone app (Navionics) had a much better lake map than my Lakemaster on my Humminbird.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
well I tried to download it onto the new smartphone that I got solely for the navionics purpose. It does not work on android phones unfortunately. I will be returning this wonderful piece of technology.
A gun owner is a citizen

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
What kind of phone do u have? Mines a samsung galaxy 3 works fine with the app.
78.50"

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
s 4 mini. While trying the download It went to a page that said navionics is currently not available for android. I checked into it and I guess it should work. must be a temporary deal.
A gun owner is a citizen

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I have Navionics on my Iphone 4 and it works great!
I use it most when I ice fish.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
I have the app on my iphone and its awesome. like HD I use it mainly for ice fishing. but it has been acting funny lately, probably because I didn't have the best service. I hope to use it again this weekend on leech