Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: fishin report  (Read 6177 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
finally got the ole boat out on the water to do some fishing last weekend. after getting beat up and abused the last week of june in red wing the boss let me off Friday. did a little searching and experimenting not knowing if my favorite species was done spawning I went out to deeper waters. found them sunfish in 10-12 ft of water in an area I usually fish. only they where off to the side of the island. I like to sit on top but oh well. went to another spot to do a little search. hit another bingo. ended up with 28 sunfish for the day. one measured 9 inches several in the 7-8 range.

sat kept 9. could really tell boat traffic chased them fish.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Glenns off work today,I bet he's at the camper drinking some union swill and makeing up fishing stories he will post.All while hes sittin on the porch :USA:
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
actually some of your posts are accurate dew.................I was drinkin beer on the deck and I did go out fishing wed nite. caught 3 nice sunfish and they are still a swimming. the boat traffic was nutz. didn't try thurs. BUT, there sure was some nice scenery!!!!!!!!!!! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
actually some of your posts are accurate dew.................I was drinkin beer on the deck and I did go out fishing wed nite. caught 3 nice sunfish and they are still a swimming. the boat traffic was nutz. didn't try thurs. BUT, there sure was some nice scenery!!!!!!!!!!! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
Oh Glenn your so easy to second guess,Then pick on just abit :blablabla:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LOOKS LIKE I'LL HAVE TO CHANGE MY WAYS THEN!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
LOOKS LIKE I'LL HAVE TO CHANGE MY WAYS THEN!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I hear auldpharts like you have a hard time changing ways.Look at the beer you drink!Out dated swill course to keep that fat outta your veins I guess light beer is whats happening,Then that fat free tasteless food! Rock out what ever yanks yer chain :rocker;
 Maybe some day you can post a pic of some fish,Maybe a turkey or maybe just a thanksgiving day turkey sandwitch? OR a McDonalds fish sandwitch :scratch:
« Last Edit: July 07/05/13, 02:02:14 PM by dew2 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I never hardly ever remember to bring a camera. :bonk: :bonk: :banghead: :banghead: pretty hard to take pics with no gadget to do it with. besides lens wouldn't be big enough anyway!!!! :coffee: :coffee: :whistling: :whistling:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I never hardly ever remember to bring a camera. :bonk: :bonk: :banghead: :banghead: pretty hard to take pics with no gadget to do it with. besides lens wouldn't be big enough anyway!!!! :coffee: :coffee: :whistling: :whistling:
Yep thats a fact the more powerful the lens the smaller of fish it will capture :happybounce: Go read yer book1 :moon:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well the fish weren't real cooperative this past weekend. sat am went out and mostly played looking for new spots to try. ran some rapalas with no luck. pretty windy. didn't go out till sunday evening. had camera with seen lotz of small fish but not much doing.

done for a few weeks..........this weekend is richmonds river lake days, Monday I gotta head to vegas for work and come home following sat.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
took my granddaughter sat evening to chase a meal of sunfish. they didn't cooperate. didn't even see a lot on the camera. on the other hand got the LX-7 up and running in the boat!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :taz: :taz: :happy1:

going to have to wait I suppose till all the ram rodders are off the lake to do some serious fishing.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Glenn you are a great guy (I'm assuming yo were fishing on the lake you stay at) but if you can't catch a meal of sunfish there you are in need of some serious help.  I could send my 8 year old with you next time. ;D
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn you are a great guy (I'm assuming yo were fishing on the lake you stay at) but if you can't catch a meal of sunfish there you are in need of some serious help.  I could send my 8 year old with you next time. ;D
bring him out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: hey you can catch all kinds of your size fish............I be after bigger ones!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :whistling: :whistling: :moon: :woot: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got out fishing sat evening. 7 went out in 2 different crafts all total 34 nice sunfish!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: throw in 2 bullheads that went back!!!!!! 15 ft of water.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey general................there catching a few walleyes out on long!!!! :whistling: :whistling:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Yeah fishing has been pretty good

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah fishing has been pretty good
Old post brought back here.General,Glenn either ever try Wakanda?? Upstream of there is Minnetaga,Pretty rough landing but its worth the time to land the boat and fish.One of the best I fish!! till the weeds take over,BIG Nords and eyes are pretty easy,Trolling is the way to go.I dont troll but drifting and a little electric motor scores big for me.Now just what lakes do you fellers really fish? not once or twice a year but have go to lakes that you dont live or camp on?
 Eagle has been good,Green is early weekday lake or the pleasure boaters take over.Big kandi gets stocked LOTS and is pretty easy.I like the campground there and set a catfish line while sittin around after a days fishin.Florida and nest arent worth the time for me to many pleasure boats and dink fish.I could go on.I moved out here in 2000 and have roamed every lake with public landings and some without.General ever tried Lund lake?Think a lake north of there you sent me to for sunnies.Peterson that was good out of the kayak the two times I went their open water??

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
remember you telling me about them. I need to try them. just how big of a boat can you put in there??

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I might hit those lakes in the winter, but in. The summer it's green and diamond.  Most of the time I just head to South Dakota.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey dew I ran out of time sat to go check those lakes out. weather stunk today so headed home early. the weather forecast don't sound to promising for the upcoming weekend either but I may call ya and pick ya up to go for a ride. another lake I am entertaining is johanna over by Belgrade.