Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: All deer gun license issued  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
                     :fudd:  All deer gun licenses issued :Hunter:

10/29/14

All of North Dakota's 48,000 deer gun licenses have been issued, according to Randy Meissner, licensing manager for the North Dakota Game and Fish Department.

"This is the first time in more than a decade that all licenses were issued before opening day," he said.

Deer gun season opens at noon, Friday, Nov. 7.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/29/14, 05:50:22 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
it opens at noon? that's kinda weird

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Cody the friday noon opener has been forever in ND..even when I was a kid.  Most deer hunting is walking, flushing, and shooting at running deer.  Nodaker's are slow at learning better deer hunting tech... like sitting in a stand.  Deer even taste better if they haven't been run 10 miles before getting shot.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Most deer hunting is walking, flushing, and shooting at running deer. 

That's the only true sportsman way to  hunt.   make it a muzzle loader with open sites and it's even more of a challenge.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
never have been crazy about deer drives. but to each there own. kind of neat hearing about different regs from different areas.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
never have been crazy about deer drives. but to each there own. kind of neat hearing about different regs from different areas.
I am with you also cody!!!!!!! :happy1: agrees with corny to. not a fan of adrenaline filled venision.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I've always found that those that have......prefer to sit in a stand.  But those of us who don't have prime hunting land do what they have to.  Oh look at that 2 acres of cat tails out in the middle of a plowed field.  Let's go see if we can get permission. 

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
General everyone does what they have to do. I'm not knocking drives, we use to do them all the time.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
with the miles and miles of grasslands out in ND I think sitting would suck out there. I have cousins out there and they've talked about chasing deer for miles before. doesn't seem like fun to me. but I have private land to hunt and if I didn't I don't if I would hunt public anymore. 

I've done drives in the woods in Wisconsin before. never again you always start out in a line and then people side step and before long you have people popping out all over the dang place.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Oh yeah no doubt Cody I wasn't really speaking "towards" anyone just throwing out my opinions in general.  I personally think there is absolutely zero challenge sitting in a stand, watching the deer walk up, stand broadside at anything less than 250 yards and shoot it with a 270 with a scope.  Not that others don't love that sort of hunt.  The only time I would get any personal gratification from that or feel like I accomplished something is when..
1. I'm sitting with one of my kids and they are the ones shooting.
2. As I bite into one of the jalapeno cheddar brats.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Chasing or running deer for miles..........how is that done?  Steel Horses, loaded gun, window down, beer open.........I think I would get along great with your cousins.  Do they rattle the deer in with empty beer cans on stand like me too........it works great.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Disclaimer:  That was just a joke  :bonk: sorry beeker I just couldn't resist.
« Last Edit: October 10/31/14, 11:30:16 AM by The General »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I always kinda thought you guys out the willmar way hunted abit different!!!!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch: now I know!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I always kinda thought you guys out the willmar way hunted abit different!!!!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch: now I know!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You mean their are other ways to hunt :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

You mean their are other ways to hunt :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :banghead: :banghead: guess a union guy gotta show ya!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Gun hunting is easy!! I turned to still hunting years ago with the bow.I just bought a crossbow and that makes it easier.That was do to a surgery and I cant pull the bow yet.Then the let down that I cant have any recoil even from a bb gun.Next season back to the bow! I may try the crossbow BUT?? a challenge is what I like.
 After 51 years of hunting the rifle is just to easy! Never did the shotgun slug.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
general it may be a chain between 2 pickups driving across the field. (ok that was sarcasm).. they have a ton of acreage out there to chase around on. and after harvest they tend to know where the big bucks are. so they wait and chase.. and chase and wait until they get it.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
He's so good, he fires a warning shot from his crossbow just to get them running.  ;)
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
He's so good, he fires a warning shot from his crossbow just to get them running.  ;)

No I throw an empty beer bottle first.......they would be a mile away by the time I reloaded that thing.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Now you just be quiet and continue to shoot those Bambi deer at 25 yards with a high power and a scope mighty hunter. :Clap:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't matter what season I'm in I try my best to get the deer as close as possible. That's a win in my book. Just like duck hunting. If I get them to land in the decoys then I won and will swat them.  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I pretty much use what season is open.  Bow from September 15 to November 7, gun from November 8-17, muzzle loader and then back to bow to finish off the year.  During this time I try very hard not to use my car or truck. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***