Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Got A Few....  (Read 10967 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Here is my annual topic...."Got A Few"....

I got a chance to get out and catch a few. The ice was in poor condition, we are down to 5-6 inches of clear ice. The rain has taken it's toll on the condition. I did manage to catch my limit of Crappie & 5 Gills. If you go out....be safe! Check the ice as you go! They are forecasting colder temps for this weekend and time will tell.

HD

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    :happy1:  Nice job HD.   Ice fishing in the rain is just not right.  I would rather have cold and wind anytime.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Cool bans hd
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Me and Mama hit the ice yesterday before the snow came. We caught our limit in short order before the kids came home for Christmas.....tonight....fish fry!!!!  :chef:

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Nice Job!
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: maybe you could give a few to the general so he knows what they look like. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Glenn I've caught more fish then you've lied about.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn I've caught more fish then you've lied about.
:moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I knew that bring ya outta the woodwork. and I use bait bigger then the fish you catch. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
hey, you guys need to settle down, instead of turning every thread into a smackdown. holey smokes man, i mean really, gosh dang it a guy cant enjoy reading a thread on great day of fishing without, a couple of guys throwing filaborton flapslpappers at each other. man, some people
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Boar.....never mind. :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ;D

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Me and Mama hit the ice yesterday before the snow came. We caught our limit in short order before the kids came home for Christmas.....tonight....fish fry!!!!  :chef:

Way to go HD.  The picture looks weird with the green grass. 
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
The ice conditions have improved even with the couple inches of snow we received. With the cold temps, we are back up to 8 to 9 inches of good solid ice.
Fishing was a little slower this time out, but still enjoyed every minute. Junior fished with me, and we ended up with 17 Crappies and one Blue Gill.....not bad for an afternoon. He even stuck around to help me clean the catch!  :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
 Finally got some time to hit the lake.  Biggest one is just over 13 inches.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Fish fry from yesterday was great.  Decided to hit the ice again tonight but no one wanted to come with.  I managed 10 more with the biggest just under 13 inches. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a couple good outings.

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Made my first trip out with the wheel house today. 22 inch walleye and 2 small crappies. Try again tomorrow.
Had heater trouble after sundown. Changed tanks and heaters then Henry figured out the O2 sensor may be shutting down because he could not light his pipe. Aired the house out and got the heater going. Also need propane refills for tomorrow.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well I went out to South Dakota this past weekend and we did well on big perch Saturday and then hit another lake and hammered 3/4 pound Sun Fish.  However we got back late last night and my dad and his friend didn't want to clean fish so they were doing it this morning.  I told him to get some pictures and I'll see about posting them later.  Great time fishing.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
wow ray ya dodge a bullet ther, glad ur ok, nice fish.. Nice job G :happy1:
78.50"

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Got out to a new lake outside of the metro, 35 minutes away and much better fishing than other lakes around the cities.
Went out on NY eve, kept a couple crappies/sunnies and got a bonus walleye, and caught this HUGE bass, 19.5" and was a HOG, caught it jigging for sunnies, so it really fought on my ultralite.
Also went out the other day, and caught more nice sunfish, less crappies, but still kept 4 decent ones.
Ill be heading back out there on Thursday (stay tuned).
Ice was 11-12" of really good ice, people driving out.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   Nice job guys.  I have been fishing the lake of no fish hard.  The bite window is about 10min. in the eve,(if there is one) and about 1/2 hr in the am.  No pike have shown up which is very unusual.   :scratch:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Went to Winnipeg Friday after work..fished sat Sunday part of Monday.  Walleyes  were on fire.  My fishing buddy's and I all caught "Masters"  ie over 28".  Lots of eaters also.  Amazing for this time of year u can drive with a truck anywhere.  This is the year to go up if u don't have access to tracks.  Pic of my buddy's big one of the trip..

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Went to Winnipeg Friday after work..fished sat Sunday part of Monday.  Walleyes  were on fire.  My fishing buddy's and I all caught "Masters"  ie over 28".  Lots of eaters also.  Amazing for this time of year u can drive with a truck anywhere.  This is the year to go up if u don't have access to tracks.  Pic of my buddy's big one of the trip..

What a beast. How big is that one?
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
That one was 30.5".  We caught a bunch 27.5-28". .hot lure was a Live target.  Another pic of my piggy with my Lucky Fawkinnae hoodie on!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
That one was 30.5".  We caught a bunch 27.5-28". .hot lure was a Live target.  Another pic of my piggy with my Lucky Fawkinnae hoodie on!

Very impressive!
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Me and mama went out and caught our limit! 26 fow, on glow jigs and wax worms. I was using yellow, while she used pink.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Got out yesterday to my new favorite spot. Its outside the metro so the fishing is good, but close enough to be worth my drive.I've had great luck each time, crappies 9-11" and nice size sunnies.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Found the crappies again Friday afternoon!!