Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Asparagus  (Read 8448 times)

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Someone mentioned asparagus. Heres our first pick wrapped in fatty bacon. Goin in a HOT cast iron pan and crisp the bacon.
 My plants are 5 years old now and I can pick em heavily. I see asparagus every other or 3ed night for awhile.We both love it. normally steam it, tonight is grease night with Italian meatball subs, home made sausage with mozzarella an sauce also made at home,these and fresh wild greens
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Looks great!  I'm only on my 1st  year  (planted last year) some came up, but wilted over  :cry:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Never saw asparagus like that looks great!  Will try with the next cutting.  :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
That is how my wife makes it some of the time.  Nice job dew
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Its seldom we do this.Thawing or buying a pac a bacon for 5 strips aint worth it.We had on hand 1/2 pac a bacon thawed.Cut the bacon strips in 1/2 lengthwise an wrap so bacon dont over power the delicate asparagus! Try it Jeeze I forgot just how tasty it is!!! Still have some bacon left,I know where an how it will get used.OH MAN were these delish!!!

Here's the 1/2 cooked product

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
why dont yu make just the bacon and eat it.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
why dont yu make just the bacon and eat it.
You PUTZ!! I'm watchin my figure!!! Thats why!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
LMAO, Oooooohhh I see, " I'll take a Big Mac an a large fry and  Diet Coke to drink, im on a diet. :rotflmao:
78.50"

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
LMAO, Oooooohhh I see, " I'll take a Big Mac an a large fry and  Diet Coke to drink, im on a diet. :rotflmao:
OH MAN!! You really eat the chit,Got some nettles outta the raspberry patch today,Just before I did the roundup on em!!
 That almost 400 mile drive to another GTG, Can I lure you down with some home made REAL Chocolate Eclairs?? Wild eatables?? Name it I'll see what I can do,you putz eatin at McDonalds?? Need some mayolax? or I hear 57s salsa does the same plumbing emptying job....Just plug yer nose an swallow.
 OODALADA  OODALADA Golly what a day
« Last Edit: May 05/02/15, 06:14:30 PM by dew2 »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
did I hit a nerve there Dewy,  :rotflmao:  I dont touch Micky dicks, cant consider it a food source even for baiting bear I wouldnt feed them that crap. Putz? youve been hang round glenn to long and have accumulated his dialect of union slang, either that or your jewish.
78.50"

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Got home from Mn tonight picked some fresh spears... Wow!!  They were great that way!  Tks for the tip!   :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Wow they really popped today.  I picked enough this evening for a few meals.  Can't wait until tomorrow.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow they really popped today.  I picked enough this evening for a few meals.  Can't wait until tomorrow.
You just shot down my plan on giving you some.Normally we have lot renters we give some to, a couple, couples in Willmar, Both friends had their husbands die recently an I am not renting the lot,I figured I could unload some on you. Man yesterday I had to pick heavy,ate a bunch last night and even tho its great I can only eat it so often! Steamed last night, maybe bacon wrap tonight Maybe!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Please unload all you can over here.  My wife pickles them for bloody Mary's and you will save me a bunch of time driving around :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Plus the General can drop some off here. .... :nerd:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
man I gotta get my butt out there and get to pickin!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
man I gotta get my butt out there and get to pickin!!!!!!!!
OK SO I have a general Idea where it is>>East of the road where yer camper sits.Maybe I should go pick it and get it to the general so his wife can pickle it for bloody mary's.Its only going to get woody anyway there mr green thumb!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have attack dogs guarding my crops!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Please unload all you can over here.  My wife pickles them for bloody Mary's and you will save me a bunch of time driving around :happy1:
General scuttlebutt!! You should have never told me of pickling these beautiful babies!! I did 3 22oz jars yesterday,Tall jars to have some length to the spears.I did 3 different pickle mixes off the net.Can you say what your pickled spears are like??Maybe share the recipe? Thanks for the wake up!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I have attack dogs guarding my crops!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Ya mean the ones that guard yer truck?? That slobbered all over my face! Just what do they guard for?Dirt?

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Dew I'm sorry but the CP is gone for a few days and I don't know where she hides her secrets.  I can tell you this though so usually likes to spice things up a bit and they usually pack a little punch.  The next time you come over I'm sure she will be able to fill you in on the details.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea I want that recipe too! But bet it isn't much different then a dill pickle recipe. To zing it up I add this chili peppers.