Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing Report for Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area June 23rd and 24th 2015  (Read 980 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
We get a lot of Corporate sponsored trips in our area every summer and I along with a lot of other guides just did the BP group of repeat customers for the Outpost Lodge. I fished owner Lee Schull along with Dave Vipulland and Lane Meinen to a real nice 16 fish limit of walleye (17 inch avg.) along with some smallmouth bass getting back to the boat ramp by noon on the 2nd day of the trip. I also along with all the other guides came in with limits of walleye plenty of smallmouth bass some crappie and some northern pike on day one. Company's use these trips as incentives/pay back for jobs well done and all of us on the lake appreciate the business and I know the guys on the trips have great time catching and eating fish. This group in particular is just a great bunch and everybody including the guides have fun. Most of the fish were caught on either crawler minnow rigs or pulling plugs in 10 fow or less but just about every way you want to fish works right now and the bite on Oahe is in full swing. Sharpe continues to put out fish however if you are looking for a recommendation as to the best choice I think Oahe is the place right now as long as the weather holds. I have no information on Salmon fishing but I think it is not real good. The lake is busy so expect to see plenty of other boats around. Courtesy goes a long way in making for an enjoyable trip. Bug spray is starting to be a good thing to keep in your boat. I use Bronco horse stable spray and it controls some of these nasty little pests but some days frequent applications are necessary.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.